If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remaster Confirmed for West

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
edited October 18 in Latest Updates
It was expected, but Star Ocean: The Last Hope's remaster is heading to North America and Europe. Those who buy it on PS4 or PC by a certain date will get a bonus, 'kay?

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    why.jpg
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • GogarGogar New Member Full Members
    Of all the Star Ocean games to remaster. . .

I get that it's easier to do more recent generation games, but at least do 3 first.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited October 19
    Gogar wrote: »

I get that it's easier to do more recent generation games, but at least do 3 first.

But 3 is already available on the PS4.

I do wish they'd give us SO1 and SO2 on the PS4 here in the west so we can have the full collection available on the system.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    edited October 19
    Unlikely SO2 is based on 2nd evolution which didn't really sell well in north america/USA at all.
  • NefarioCallNefarioCall Member Full Members
    I really enjoyed SO3. Never managed to give the 4th one much of a go. I couldn't get past the lack of Japanese audio, lol, and i didn't have a PS3 at the time. Seems like an odd choice for a remaster, but ok? I wonder if they'll fix more than just the graphics.
  • MyopicMirrorMyopicMirror Full Members
    Gogar wrote: »

Between the original Super Famicom release, the PSX remake and the PSP "enhanced port" they've remastered Star Ocean 1 plenty of times.