If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 445: "FFVII For The GBA"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 445: "FFVII For The GBA"

I'll spare you the puns and just describe the show. We all want to play SMT and Dragon Quest games, but no one wants to play FFXIV DLC. The jury is still out on the upcoming portable Final Fantasy. In the meantime, donate to Extra Life and try not to fall asleep.

Help me heal kids by donating to Extra Life here: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/cprivitere

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "FFVII For The GBA"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe on Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Inlodcf5muxdqt3obi7cnippbhm?t=RPG_Cast

Question of the Week:
Have you ever fallen asleep playing a game?

We'll be back in two weeks!
179811.png

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    For those that didn't get to experience the story back in its glory, you can still read it here!
  • redrock963redrock963 KansasRPGamer Staff
    Man, those grainy washed out screenshots. That'd be a GBA game alright.
    redrock963.png
    My Deviant Art Page | 3DS Friend Code: 1005-8614-6875
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    edited October 29
    I'd love to play FF7 on the GBA however its already 2017 and that GBA version of FF7 was supposed to be released on the GBA back in 2003 (that never happen though).

Then again the only summon worth using late game is Knights of the round and theirs no way with the limited amount of memory that had FF7 GBA been released would the summon fit inside the GBA game cart and not crash the game when you summon it.
    Maybe in another world that happened and we can remember it via the Mandela effect.
    redrock963.png
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    VeghEsther wrote: »
    I'd love to play FF7 on the GBA however its already 2017 and that GBA version of FF7 was supposed to be released on the GBA back in 2003 (that never happen though).

Oh me, oh my, oh me, oh my... Who's going to be the first to tell him, folks?
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    The FFVII GBA release date has moved to 4/1/2018, so go get it. I hear it lets you skip all dialogue and max out your party.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Macstorm wrote: »
    The FFVII GBA release date has moved to 4/1/2018, so go get it. I hear it lets you skip all dialogue and max out your party.

I also here you get a demo disc of the FF7 remake.
    redrock963.png
  • omegabyteomegabyte Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    redrock963 wrote: »
    Macstorm wrote: »

I also here you get a demo disc of the FF7 remake.

I heard they were working with Sony to make a SNES CD Drive Classic and bring it there.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    That’s why the knights of the round was going to be knights of the square, which was going to be the first four heroes of light from ff1.
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    Vegh, that was an April Fool's article from over a decade ago. Never explicitly stated within the report, but if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • SquiggyLeoSquiggyLeo RPGamer Staff
    O, what hath ye started?
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited November 8
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    Vegh, that was an April Fool's article from over a decade ago. Never explicitly stated within the report, but if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Darn it, why did you explain the joke? D:

QotW: I fall asleep playing games rather often, mostly because I tend to find time to play at night before bed and I'm chronically sleep deprived. I try not to lie in bed or on the couch with a handheld as I'll fall asleep quickly, often dropping the 3DS on my chest or face.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I've never fallen asleep while playing a game, but I have fallen asleep while watching people play games on Twitch on my TV (thanks to the PS4's Twitch app), which is conveniently situated next to a comfy sofa.

I am quite jealous of the RPGCast team's ability to finish many games quickly, and I wish I could personally improve in that regard. Got any tips?
  • sapphirebluesamsapphirebluesam AustraliaFull Members
    I’ve been falling asleep playing Trails of Cold Steel. I love the game but it goes through big dumps of text and back story at times when I would rather be in the action. I think I need some sort of summary of what’s going on in the present game and what has happened before. It is hard to keep track of sometimes. But it is a fun game.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    On gaming marathon days, if I start feeling drowsy playing a game, I go and take a nap and then get back to it. I don't think any particular type of game has put me to sleep, though.
    I can tell this story on the cast, my most epic "Falling asleep during a game" story involves Valium. I had stayed home from college classes that day because I had a TERRIBLE tooth-ache. Dad gave me a Valium for the pain. I then got the bright idea to start trying to do the optional Dungeon in Final Fantasy X-2 with the Tonberries. As I start to get sleepy, I'm desperately trying to get to the save point. The next thing I remember is waking up 2 hours later with the Game Over screen on the TV and the controller on the floor. Valium is a hell of a drug.
    redrock963.png