If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Looking good... but does this really fit into the RPG genre? From the way I see it, this isn't more of an RPG than Zelda is (and in my opinion, Zelda is in the adventure-genre).

The game looks great though... hopefully, this will make up for the incredibly bad sequel, Devil May Cry 2, that Capcom recently released. Shame on you, Shinji Mikami, for leaving that game up to others, who failed miserably.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    IMO, it looks great. Anyone know the PC release date? "Fall" just aint enough for me!
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I am waiting for this game It had different kinds of demons tu summon and a good combo sistem.I wonder what kind of difficulty it will have.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I guess the new trend is to make an action game, include lots of cut scenes, and call it an RPG.

Now this makes 2...er...3 such games:

Drakhengard (Square-Enix)
    Chaos Legion (Crapcom)
    Gladius (Virgin?)

That aside, this game looks fantastic, and the idea that you can attack hordes of enemies at the same time makes me fondly remember those wonderful all-nighters playing Dynasty Warriors III. I hope there's lots of green oozing blood like in Rygar.
  • slapizaga_the_banditslapizaga_the_bandit Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    If you want to get technical about things, role-playing is anything where you are taking the role of a character and playing or acting on his behalf (whether fictional or reality based). So, basically, any game where you play as someone doing something is technically a role-playing game. tounge.gif But, I understand what you mean. From what I understand, though, this game does have standard role-playing elements to it. That's why they are calling it an action-RPG, and not just a classic RPG.

The more I see about this game, the more I want to get it. It looks like a lot of fun and is fast-paced, something to shake things up a little bit. I'm excited for it! It'll be nice to play after I get and beat Disgaea: HoD. biggrin.gif
  • nunuununuu Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Every question known to humanity about this game has most likely been asked and answered here ... to the point that it's getting redundant and annoying since everyone has the dire urge to start new topics even though existing ones already answer their freakin' questions:

http://s3.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=34514
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Studies show that people who read previews have 25% more sex than non-preview readers. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Of course, 25% of 0 is 0%, so that doesn't matter much to me, despite that number of previews I read!

Heh, heh...just joking.

Anyway, the game looks like a lot of fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"If you want to get technical about things, role-playing is anything where you are taking the role of a character and playing or acting on his behalf (whether fictional or reality based). So, basically, any game where you play as someone doing something is technically a role-playing game.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, that isn't exactly right. An RPG is something else, although your definition of roleplaying is fine. Locrian explained it quite nicely on another thread (but it appears to be gone) . Anyway, Roleplaying is as you described it above, but RPG elements is basically something that allows you to grow or improve your character over time. That's just a quick definition.

Anyway, you can gain levels in Chaos Legion, but it's, in essence, an action game with some RPG elements. According to Gamespot, the game was specifically designed to be action packed with as little interruptions for story as possible. It's not a traditional RPG in the sense of the word as some may be referring to it just because you can gain levels. Your weapons can gain levels in Dynasty Warriors, but no one is about to call that an RPG. biggrin.gif

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited July 2003
    For me a RPG is a game where your character/s raiser their attributes Strength,HP,Vitality etc.Games like Zelda and Alundra are not RPGs they are Action Adventure.Castlevania Symphony of the nigth is an RPG even if it is a platformer.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2003
    The game looks very good. ?I think I'll go check it out upon its release.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • nunuununuu Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Good grief. 9_9

Everyone has his or her own opinion at what an RPG is. There's no sense in arguing about it.

If RPGamer feels that it feels the criteria of an RPG than it's an RPG to them. If it's not an RPG to you, then hooray for you.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nunuu @ July 10 2003,16:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Good grief. 9_9

Everyone has his or her own opinion at what an RPG is. ?There's no sense in arguing about it.

If RPGamer feels that it feels the criteria of an RPG than it's an RPG to them. ?If it's not an RPG to you, then hooray for you.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's not like we're fighting over it.... we're just having a discussion.

Plus, nobody can help that you're already sick of topics like these because you've seen them in a totally different forum.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.