If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 56: Partners in Metal Max - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest we talk about the recently announced Metal Max Xeno with Mr. Baker. We also discuss Mario RPGs some more.

Episode 56: Partners in Metal Max - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    How important do you feel it is for rpgs to end with a surreal epic battle? Rather than just fighting the villain you have been chasing, the battle must take place in a floating outer space, and the boss mutates into something completely deranged. Any general thoughts on this.
    For a follow up to last weeks question, shining force series has a lot of things that blew my mind when I was younger. Graphical changes to your characters and graphic change to weapons equipped. Every game pretty much has that now.
    edited November 16
    Concerning dot hack. I had never played any of these games before. I started this game feeling the combat was a little too simplistic but I completed volume one and absolutely loved the cast of characters. I’m taking a small break before going into the rest of the games. This is less a question and more of thoughts on it.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I wish more RPGs would change up their regular battle music more often. A few RPGs have done this, but most stick with the same song and it gets very played out by the end, especially in long games.

Is it really that expensive to pay a music composer for a few more battle songs? Or is there some other reason why shuffling between 4 or more regular battle themes isn't the norm?
    edited 10:58AM
    2017 was a hallmark year for gaming.

Zelda, nier, Yakuza, Mario, horizon, Ys 8, persona 5, divinity 2, tales of Berseria. With xenoblade 2 coming out. The list goes on to some honorable mentions. Game of the year choices will be hard! Any general thoughts on this lineup.