If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Deep Look - Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds

In Guerrilla Games' expansion to Horizon Zero Dawn, Aloy brings her particular brand of bowmanship north of the mountains, into the Banuk's frozen territory. The Cut offers a major new foe, new allies, and new machines to pit her skills against.

[ Go Deep ]

Comments

• ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    I'll probably pass on this, but I did like the main game, which I think is a contender for best RPG of the year. I did have issue with the unmemorable soundtrack, which has been common to me when playing most other Western RPGs. The Japanese seem to put a lot more care into their own RPGs' aural aspects.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Just started the main game today, but am really tempted to get this while it's still cheap because of how fun it is so far.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SquiggyLeoSquiggyLeo RPGamer Staff
    I wasn't sure when it first started, but I don't think anybody who's finished the DLC is going to be sorry they got it.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    2017 was a magical year in gaming when gems like this are a few notches down from game of the year.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Or are at the top of the list.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SquiggyLeoSquiggyLeo RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    2017 was a magical year in gaming when gems like this are a few notches down from game of the year.

All other games considered, I think this one still tops my personal list, if only for its story and how it told it.