If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack: Episode 180 - Awakening the Fire

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
A few years ago, it looked as if Fire Emblem was on its last legs. Intelligent Systems threw everything it could think of into a game called Awakening, and it worked the necessary magic to get the series a new lease on life.
Not everyone has to die!
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    There's another fun little coincidental relation I forgot to mention. Donnel is voiced by Sam Riegel in English and Nah is voiced by Eden Riegel. Donnel is a popular father for Nah and their voice actors are real life brother sister. It's not quite as fitting as Tara Platt/Yuri Lowenthal and Laura Bailey/Travis Willingham, but I find it neat.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I may have missed it running for a bus, but when you did the character rundown did you mention Kellam? (I suppose it would make sense for his character to be skipped.)

At some point I need to finish my second playthrough (with male Robin) so I can actually get Kellam, Tharja and Libra. Missed all three on my first playthrough.

Also, there is multiplayer - either through StreetPass or local co-op or competitive battling. It was actually surprisingly robust in my local StreetPass group for a while.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    Kellam: Even when they're talking about me, other people don't notice...

(We brought him up twice, heh).
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    Yeah, I definitely like the direction Fire Emblem began with Awakening. I didn't care much for Shadow Dragon, but I'm definitely glad I gave the series another chance.