If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Announced Worldwide

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
After heading away from the Second Europan War briefly with Valkyria Revolution, Sega has returned to the conflict. What's more, Valkyria Chronicles 4 is already confirmed to be spreading worldwide.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    Finally! What were they ever waiting for? It's all I ever wanted out of a VC sequel. It's like a really long, drawn-out replay of the "New Coke" debacle. (Read the wikipedia article if you don't know that reference, kiddos.)
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    The Switch is going to cause me to go broke.
  • blurpoblurpo United StatesFull Members
    edited November 20
    Great, I loved VC1 but couldn't play 2 or 3 because it was only for handhelds (and wasn't interested in the Revolutions real time crap). I'm hoping they'll some day make 2 and 3 available/remastered/whatevered for the PS4.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Beautiful...now if they re-release VC2 and VC3 on consoles, all of the series will be ours to behold.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    lol valkeeriuh revolooshun sux amirite?

Definitely looking forward to this, though I hope they fix the problem of unskippable and fixed-speed enemy sequences.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    ACP wrote: »
    Finally! What were they ever waiting for?
    A market I assume?

The original didn't exactly sell great, despite positive reviews, the names involved with the game, etc. which is why we ended up with two PSP sequels I assume. That said, gamers seemed to respond when it was given a second chance on PS4/PC. Hopefully revolution won't scare anyone off from 4.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    Continuing the arc onto handhelds was a big loser for me. I realize that I'm not representative of the gaming market in many ways (hate online multiplayer, done with handhelds, etc.).
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Where as I personally love my hand helds cause I can play them at work or late at night more easily then my consoles since my kids take up the TV with educational shows and my Little Ponies
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Very excited that a proper SRPG Valkyria game is making a comeback. While I enjoyed the portable entries (especially VC3, that game was fantastic), I'm looking forward to the giant maps that modern console specs will allow instead of the claustrophobic, stitched-together maps of the PSP entries.

Also, I'm glad to see they are finally leaving Gallia behind, though it will be interesting to see how they treat the Federation and Empire in this game. One of the things I liked about Valkyria was it's cynical worldview: sure the despotic Empire was evil, but even the democratic Federation was just as willing to trample all over Gallia to serve it's own interests. Even within Gallia, there were tensions between nobility and commoners as well as race issues; I loved that there weren't clear cut good guys and bad guys, everything was a shade of grey. It seems rare that a videogame in particular is willing to have that sort of subtlety. This and Yakuza 6 at the top of my list for next year.
  • Private PrinnyPrivate Prinny Member Full Members
    A new Valkyria game....
    and it is a Chronicles Game (no more Revolution RTS rubbish)
    and the setting is EW2 (no more high school angst drama)
    and it is on the big screen?

...happy beyond bounds....