If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

These two series need to be ported with enhanced graphics to PS4

AeramisAeramis Behind You!!!Full Members
The Legend of Heroes 1-3
and
Golden Sun 1 & 2

With Trophy Support.

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Yeah the latter ain't going to happen at all.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • AeramisAeramis Behind You!!!Full Members
    Yeah the latter ain't going to happen at all.

Care to explain why not?
  • StrawberryEggsStrawberryEggs Familiar Change Administrators
    Golden Sun is a Nintendo franchise, and though I'm not positive, I believe developer Camelot is a second-party Nintendo developer. It would be akin to Fire Emblem showing up on a Sony platform.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

Yeah it all comes down to who owns what IP's. The Legend of Hero's is possible although they sold like crap back on the PSP mostly due to really bad translations and the fact we got the games outta order.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2017
    The thought of a new Golden Sun or Golden Sun remake in the style of something like a Lost Sphear or Project Octopath Traveler on the Switch is something that does sound very appealing.

It might be a struggle for Camelot to figure out which direction to take the series though. Since Dark Dawn released around 7 years ago, which itself was released after a possibly longer hiatus, one has to imagine that the audience's familiarity with all of the characters from both sagas is pretty shot by now. Dark Dawn went with a story based around the previous cast's children, and that game didn't exactly have a full conclusion to it either. I'm not sure if a direct sequel including any of the established characters other than a couple of key players would be the right move for them. A remake/reboot of the first two games and seeing how they sell could be a good idea to reintroduce the series to younger players and those who have forgotten about it.

As for whether any this will happen or not is anyone's guess though.
    Golden Sun is a Nintendo franchise, and though I'm not positive, I believe developer Camelot is a second-party Nintendo developer. It would be akin to Fire Emblem showing up on a Sony platform.

Yeah it looks like they are now have a partnership with Nintendo. They are also the ones who are making the Mario sports titles, like Mario Tennis
    sig.gif