If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

2018 Brings Changes to RPGamer

2»

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I'm a little sad by the possible changes to the forum part cause I use the News section of the forum to get to the articles that interest me as I routinely get into the Forum first.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Hi all,

Some of you might have noticed that we haven't yet announced a release date for the new site yet. Though we have most of the initial design/interaction/posting mechanisms have been sorted out, we were a bit delayed in getting some of the rather important server-related issues sorted due to unexpected illnesses and other things. We are still progressing, but are now working under the pretty much certain assumption that the new site will not be ready until after we have posted our awards. We should hopefully have the awards ready to go in around a week or so once we all the staff's have got their contributions in :)

I am hesitant to put a new expected date in at this stage, as I am not heavily involved in that side of things and other issues may crop up, but we are progressing and hope to launch soon(tm), and will have some other fun new features to share at or just after launch.

In addition to the above, I would also like to provide a quick update on what we're currently aiming for with forums and commenting. Part of the new site design means we will no longer be creating specific threads on the forum but we will be keeping it open for community discussions and other things like that. However, as Harry mentioned we are looking at combining the Vanilla forums with a single sign-on so those who already have an account on the forums will be able to use their existing logins on the rest of the website. Readers will need to login to comment, and registering will give readers access to both the comments and forums, and it might let us do some more interesting stuff for readers in future.

Thanks!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • EvilorEvilor Totally Not the Secret Antagonist A secret alcove in the hero's baseFull Members
    Kind of a late response, but throwing by 2 cents in as well. I'm inclined to agree- I look forward to the change and it sounds exciting. That said, I hope the site performs well and will hopefully be around to see it through another 10+ years (lurking or not this time around).
    Fufufufufu,
    -Evilor
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    Evilor wrote: »
    Kind of a late response, but throwing by 2 cents in as well. I'm inclined to agree- I look forward to the change and it sounds exciting. That said, I hope the site performs well and will hopefully be around to see it through another 10+ years (lurking or not this time around).
    Who will be the next eFront to usher in a golden age for 90s websites?

The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.