If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

.hack//Integration

RageRage Transcends lowly massesFull Members
edited July 2003 in Latest Updates
Are you surprised at the announcement of this? This reporter isn't.

Comments

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Wow. This is surprising. <<

</sarcasm>

Dracos
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Sheesh... that felt so unnecessary...most fans already bought the games or the anime series... it would be a waste of money to buy this box as well...
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Actually, I'm kind of relieved. When I saw the headline, I thought for a moment I might have to give the .hack people even MORE money.
  • Liquid IceLiquid Ice Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    wow. no......i could see that comming from miles away.
  • SpideySpidey Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Let's hope there's a dot hack VIDEO GAME integregration of ALL 4 of the games into one PRICE worthy series, i'd say 60 bucks or so for all 4 games is the only price i'm willing to pay. The games are fun..but..I'm not paying 200 dollars for ONE game.
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Which I would take as signal to mean you're also not planning on playing the Xenosaga or Shenmue games, right?
  • TascarTascar Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    At least Xenosaga and Shenmue are fairly long games. If I play through each .hack game slowly and building up like crazy, each game would be barely as long as one disc of Final Fantasy 8 or 9.

That's why, even though I paid for the games, I don't think that the 49.99 is reasonable for a painfully and ridiculously short game and a mediocre anime OAV.
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    Bandai schemes are always so easy to predict. Well, except for Dragon Drive. How they lassoed Treasure into doing their dirty work for them nobody knows.
  • KronoKrono Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Why do all of you seem to see this as some sleazy marketing scheme. Japan had a cheaper version of the games that didn't including the DVDs, and some people might be interested in the DVDs but not the game. That Bandai would release a bundle of the Liminality DVDs just makes sense. Granted the addition of Episode 28 of .hack//Sign and a drama CD from .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu is on the low side, but really shouldn't be drawing the level of cynicism I'm seeing here.
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"That's why, even though I paid for the games, I don't think that the 49.99 is reasonable for a painfully and ridiculously short game and a mediocre anime OAV. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Especially considering that eventually the prices will drop to 19.99-29.99 per game. That's what I'm waiting for.. no rush to play these games.
  • SpideySpidey Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Which I would take as signal to mean you're also not planning on playing the Xenosaga or Shenmue games, right? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I dont play Shenmue because I find it boring, but Xenosaga I do, because it's a complete game. Future episodes will offer changes in graphics, gameplay, making them new experiences worth buying. ALSO, Bandai could release all .hack's all at once, because there all pretty much done/quicly made. Xenosaga's future episodes take at least a year to make because of the grandouse amount of voice acting and cutscenes. Xenosaga is pretty long too. I spent 20 hours on .Hack (RENTED) versus the 50 I spent on Xenosaga. 50 bucks for 50 hours, that's great.

Shortly- .Hack 1 is the same as .Hack 4, but Xenosaga Episode 1 will be a completely different game from Episode 5.