If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XII Heads to PC

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
The remaster of Final Fantasy XII is heading to PC in just a few weeks. Collectors can order a limited edition, which for some reason includes a SteelBook to put the single-use digital code in.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
    deleted.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    smacd wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to FF12 making it to Steam, since I don't really want to buy a PS4 and I really prefer PC over consoles these days. But like many of the PS4->PC ports coming from Square and a few other publishers recently, its infected with that Denuvo malware.

My backlog is long, and I prefer not to spend my money on games with a ticking kill switch... who knows if the game will actually work by the time I get around to playing it.

Its a shame that publishers don't understand they are hurting their sales with that garbage, and its doing literally nothing to stop pirates, just hurting paying customers. The pirates are going to end up with a de facto better version of the game, since theirs wont have kill switch.

Denuvo is the biggest selling point for me to actually buy a PS4 at this point, since pretty much all the games I wanted to play aren't really exclusive to the PS4.

I'm right there with you. I am blessed to have both a decent PC and PS4. Given a choice, I will generally buy a game on PC due to the ability to really trick out the graphics. However, that kind of DRM stops me in my tracks. I refuse to buy Ubi stuff outside of consoles because I do not want to deal with their bug ridden Steam-like client. Steam is already too much DRM, IMHO...but at least it does bring SOME value as a trade off (such as allowing my family to play games I buy through game sharing program). Regardless, I have no time for bugs, much less some of the crippling side effects that Denuvo brings to the table. EVIL, I say!

Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • OtterFaceOtterFace Loserface Loserface Loserface sockpuppet theatreFull Members
    I was content with the PS4 rerelease and don't need to play it again.
  • MatejaMateja Full Members
    edited January 12
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    I was content with the PS4 rerelease and don't need to play it again.

ya for real they need to start doing trade ins for these endless "remakes." or at least discount. p.s. anyone know if this is Denuvo authenticated? just wondering <_<; *whistles*

definitely getting this so I can play it in 3d on 3dtv though. that's why people want PC remakes. well, me at least.
  • MatejaMateja Full Members
    edited January 13
    The pirates are going to end up with a de facto better version of the game, since theirs wont have kill switch.

yep, pretty dumb. unless they somehow update it through steam or whatever, authentication is tied to your motherboard (which is always super annoying / fraught with problems. bricked the OS on my Lenovo laptop because windows authentification was the mobo). who's genius idea was that x_x... probably just a scam to get more money out of us buy everything again every time you get a new machine. and yeah I hate steam or any frivolous layer of software with all my heart. what ever happened to buying a game and owning it. what if you're offline. interruptes 3D injections sometimes and probably other things. etc etc etc etc. too many layers of crap causes exponentially more glitches! ...

I refuse to ever use steam. unless some game I actually care about that's free comes to it. like final fantasy Mobius. because I have no other option yet... I hate it. and even then I use my bf's account because I don't want one and he thinks he needs it. lol

also, this game looks amazing. even though I already had an HD remake on emulators (which is legal because I already owned the game so no need to ban this comment lol). I'm sorry but new fonts higher resolution and sharper textures takes zero effort. porting, ok that's worth maybe $5. extra dungeon $2. they really don't need to charge us $60 yet again for a port. then they wonder why their console sales are crap. its a totally diff business model than cel phone sales where they make all their money. offer it free with frivolous pay to play crap for for spoiled elitist twerps, or just charge what it's actually worth, or squirrel it in for free with some other actual new game--and maybe more people would get it.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    It comes with New Game Minus? What in the world is New Game Minus?
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    It comes with New Game Minus? What in the world is New Game Minus?

It means that everyone starts at level 1 and earn 0 EXP. It's meant to be a hardcore challenge mode.
    ClixPsi.png
  • oldmanbaloldmanbal Full Members
    I was really looking forward to FF12 making it to Steam, since I don't really want to buy a PS4 and I really prefer PC over consoles these days. But like many of the PS4->PC ports coming from Square and a few other publishers recently, its infected with that Denuvo malware.

My backlog is long, and I prefer not to spend my money on games with a ticking kill switch... who knows if the game will actually work by the time I get around to playing it.

Its a shame that publishers don't understand they are hurting their sales with that garbage, and its doing literally nothing to stop pirates, just hurting paying customers. The pirates are going to end up with a de facto better version of the game, since theirs wont have kill switch.

Denuvo is the biggest selling point for me to actually buy a PS4 at this point, since pretty much all the games I wanted to play aren't really exclusive to the PS4.

The fact that a 15 year old game needs denuvo when you can just download it off any emulator rom site and run it at extremely high resolutions with excellent filters is pretty pathetic. I remember how much better the graphics were 10 years ago on pc compared to my ps2 copy that had long load times, and I was a paying customer. To pay for the game again, on pc for a similar experience to an emulator isn't for me. Also, years ago, out of all the Final Fantasy games, my longtime gamer friend asked me, "who was the main villian in ff12 and what were his motivations". To this day it's still the only ff game that I can't fully answer that question off the top of my head, so it goes to show how bad the main story way once you leave the first area. All in all a game crippled by it's narrative that initially showed amazing potential. I also didn't care for the battle system whatsoever. It's not an action game, so why put in pointless mechanics that aren't much better than (original) NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM era double dragon movement?