If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II

ViperViper MemberFull Members
edited July 2003 in Latest Updates
Some nice media for your viewing pleasure.

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2003
    The game looks good. ?Thanks for the new media.

LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Ugh... this better be good, because Dark Alliance was incredibly boring.

I doubt this sequel can make up for it though... the Baldurs Gate series should've stayed on the PC side, with the AD&D system.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    You're right, I found the game to be tedious, but the graphics were just amazing. I loved seeing all those D&D monsters and spells come to life! I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel (that Necromancer sounds interesting) . I just wish they would add more classes though.
  • St_GenesiusSt_Genesius New Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    If you had no friends, the first Dark Alliance was boring, but as a co-op game, it's one of the most fun games out there. The sequel looks to be an extension of that formula, not a righting of any perceived wrongs with the first game.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (St_Genesius @ July 13 2003,17:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"If you had no friends, the first Dark Alliance was boring, but as a co-op game, it's one of the most fun games out there. The sequel looks to be an extension of that formula, not a righting of any perceived wrongs with the first game.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I do have friends, and just like me, none of them liked this game, co-op or not. It is, as always, just a matter of taste.

Also, a sequel is most likely to include corrections and improvements that were missing in the first game, and there were a lot of complaints about this title (mostly about the plot and battle system).
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Options
    edited July 2003
    I read an interview and the developers said, they were going to make the plot of the game, and the interaction with NPC's as good as it was in the first Act of the first game, that good throughout the second game.