If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, PC Date Announced

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Is Final Fantasy XV complete yet? There are still more DLC episodes coming so no, but the Royal Edition and PC version coming soon mean that it's getting closer.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Goodness Gracious that install size. They aren't being kind to people with limited space on an SSD. I guess it's good that there actually is a disk option for PC; it would take quite a while to download the entire game.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    I'm waiting for the super dee duper final ultimate break edition with ALL DLC, videos, etc. I want the complete FF15 experience. And, because I do not care for the Kingdom Hearts lookin' style of combat in my FF games, I'm going to wait until it drops to about $30. Yeah, I may be waiting a long time. I'm OK with that :hushed:
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • OrophinOrophin New Member Full Members
    Just got a nice deal on a 34" curved UHD monitor for my PC, so I'm looking forward to playing that version. Now if only there could be some RX Vegas in stock. The bitcoin bubble can't crash fast enough...
  • MatejaMateja Full Members
    edited January 17
    die hard ff fan here. already bought it once. not going to buy it again and again. first person view? no thanks. we wanted this less like a first person shooter, not more... plz just let this die and move onto XVI. lol

maybe had they added full VR support or airship access from near beginning of game. things people actually expected/wanted. but that doesn't appear to be the case. nobody wants more disjointed DLC content tacked on to the end of this. just complete the actual game first, then make frivolous pay to play alternate items like every other scam with in game purchases. not trying to drop another $20 for the rest of the game I already paid $60 for. and all the ports should be free digital downloads for those who already got the game once (or hugely discounted).
  • OtterFaceOtterFace Loserface Loserface Loserface sockpuppet theatreFull Members
    I haven't played FFXV yet and don't know if I will since the series' quality is inconsistent, but I do wish Square-Enix would just move on already.
  • oldmanbaloldmanbal Full Members
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    I haven't played FFXV yet and don't know if I will since the series' quality is inconsistent, but I do wish Square-Enix would just move on already.

won't see another main series game for 5 years. ff7 is going to take up a massive amount of their resrouces, Square is putting together a new ip, and ffxiv is still wildly popular/fun/profitable. Besides, the games in the main series have been bland for a decade now. Hop in ffxiv, it's where the real fun is at and I've been a ff'r for life.
  • oldmanbaloldmanbal Full Members
    Mateja wrote: »
    die hard ff fan here. already bought it once. not going to buy it again and again. first person view? no thanks. we wanted this less like a first person shooter, not more... plz just let this die and move onto XVI. lol

maybe had they added full VR support or airship access from near beginning of game. things people actually expected/wanted. but that doesn't appear to be the case. nobody wants more disjointed DLC content tacked on to the end of this. just complete the actual game first, then make frivolous pay to play alternate items like every other scam with in game purchases. not trying to drop another $20 for the rest of the game I already paid $60 for. and all the ports should be free digital downloads for those who already got the game once (or hugely discounted).

Yeah man, why does pc have to be synonymous with first person modes? I just want to play it on my pc, just like ffxiv. Unless you want the game to look like a ps2 game, for the love of god stay the fork away from VR.

• AeramisAeramis Behind You!!!Full Members
    edited January 17
    So.. What about the people that bought it and the Season Pass? The game was $59.99 and the Season Pass was $25. But people that already bought the game and Season Pass still have to shell out $20 for content they already own such as the 3 Episodes and Comrades.

Base Game (Original Release): $59.99
    Season Pass:...........................$25
    - Episodes Gladio, Prompto, & Ignis
    - Comrades
    Royal Edition Expansion:.........$19.99
    - Previous Season Pass Details
    - Expanded Insomnia
    - Royal Boat
    - First Person

Base Game (Original Release): $59.99
    No Season Pass:......................$0.00
    Royal Edition Expansion:.........$19.99

So I have the Base Game and Season Pass and I still have to shell out $19.99. It should be no more than $5 for Season Pass holders if that is the case.
  • MyopicMirrorMyopicMirror Full Members
    Can't say SE's current business practices are encouraging me to buy this or the eventual FF7 episodes. I'm just better off waiting a few years for them to actually finish the games and release a finished product, or in FF7's case, wait until the Playstation 5 is out and get all the episodes together.