If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 60: Backtrack Invasion - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, one-half of the RPG Backtrack invades the show to discuss Monster Hunter. We also discuss the merits of Unlimited Saga.

Episode 60: Backtrack Invasion - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited January 24
    Best rpg will be either dragon quest 11 or monster hunter world.

Breath of fire 3 and 4(which has a beautiful battle system similar to ffx) are better than any saga game ever made, so those are automatically better than any saga game coming out anytime.

Do you feel video games will ever be respected on the level of movies and music? Video game award shows are not seen on the level of the oscars. Do you think this is fair because of the nature of games? Should games be treated as a more serious art form? Are games more juvenile than movies artistically?
    What is the most apparent ‘the game was obviously cut in planned content or unfinished’ that you can think of off the top of your head? Something other than ff14 and 15.
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    Breath of fire 3 and 4(which has a beautiful battle system similar to ffx) are better than any saga game ever made, so those are automatically better than any saga game coming out anytime.

Sorry, but them's fightin' words. Unfortunately, I can't make a counterargument until I've actually played BoF3 or 4. Guess I'm in the market to find a way of playing them.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 24

giphy.gif

Going to have to play BoF4 and report back
    sig.gif
    Ha nah I’m just the breath of fire defense force around here.

Dave and I are going to check out your beloved Breath of Fire 3&4 for further analysis
    sig.gif
    Wheels wrote: »

Dave and I are going to check out your beloved Breath of Fire 3&4 for further analysis

Even if you both dislike it, at least I’ll get to listen to a good rant of why. I still like listening to people give their opinions on why they love or hate a game.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
    deleted.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    RSS is a real PITA.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    and Wheels wins the award for bonehead of the year! rss should be fixed now, sorry guys
    sig.gif
    If monster hunter world turns into a huge hit, do you think that strengthens or hurts the case of generations g rank for the switch to be released in the USA. Regardless of what you feel about the quality of it.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    All the Saga talk just served to remind me of something that happened when I played one of its predecessors a few years back. I was hit with a status effect and went to use an item to cure it, only for that item to _miss_.
    Spoiler:
    The game was FF2 PSP, the item was a Maiden's Kiss.

Are there any memories that you have of a game screwing you like that?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited March 16
    deleted.
    The first four hours of breath of fire 3 has the manor which is pretty rough dungeon.
    edited March 16
    deleted.
    smacd wrote: »
    Wheels wrote: »
    and Wheels wins the award for bonehead of the year! rss should be fixed now, sorry guys

bah, still doesn't work. Looks like the actual link was the issue, not the pubdate. You have it directed to qaquest/2017, where the actual podcast is in a folder qaquest/2018.

As for the earlier conversation, I look forward to the conversations about SaGa vs BoF. The only SaGa games I've played are FF2 and Unlimited Saga (though I think I played the legends games as a kid), but I know that when I played BoF3 a couple years ago for the first time, it quickly made it to my 3 most disliked RPGs of all time. I generally like FF2, but I found US too obtuse for even me to get into (though I tried without a guide)

https://media.giphy.com/media/8WdsK61D9YOOc/giphy.gif
    sig.gif
    edited March 16
    deleted.
    Thanks to Severinmira for fixing it for me, since that will now be the basis for copy/pasting future 2018 episodes we shouldn't hit this issue again until 2019.
    sig.gif