If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 453: "Say Goodbye To Big Hole"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 453: "Say Goodbye To Big Hole"

Lots of mechs today. Watch out that they don't break you. Were you a supporter of Obsidian's last kickstarter? See when you get your reward for being one of their pillars. Finally, see if there's a princely reception or pathetic squalor waiting for you in the Royal Edition of FFXV.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Say Goodbye to Big Hole"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe on Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Inlodcf5muxdqt3obi7cnippbhm?t=RPG_Cast

Question of the Week:
Sell Kelley on PS+.
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    I can't sell Kelley on PS+ because I think it's a bad investment. I did PS+ for 3 years, I think. The first year it was good, so I renewed on purpose. It got progressively worse though in terms of "free games" offered. The third year I distinctly remember that I didn't want to renew and accidentally let it auto-renew (I didn't even know it did that because I think I had to renew on my own for the second year, because the first came free with the console or something). I guess it's worthwhile if you play a lot online and feel like that's a fair price to pay (I think charging separately for that at all is outrageous). Otherwise, I hope you plan to buy a lot of digital games so the discounts make up for the price. Don't expect the free games to be worth the price. There are definitely plenty of three month periods without any good ones. Based on the trajectory, I would say don't count on more than one really good one per year. You might get one or more decent cheaper games, but you won't be saving much there anyway. I do miss the PS+ discounts, but I still doubt they would come to enough to actually amount to any savings vs not paying for the subscription.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Lord Golbez pretty much summed up my thoughts, though I will say the freebie lineup in January isn't that bad (an interesting VN in Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness on both PS4 and Vita, plus Telltale Batman S1 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided). But the PS+ software discounts are usually an extra 10-25% on top of the normal ones.

The cloud saves and online play being locked behind it can *bleep* right off, though.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Speaking of pets sensitive to game noise, I had to stop playing pyre because it had so many high pitch noises it was scaring one of my dogs.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Is sound necessary to play the game or am I the only one who ever mutes a game?
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    Anyone who has heard my attempts at acting in the RPGBacktrack skits will know I'm no actor. :P I just really enjoy learning about and spotting familiar voice actors.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited February 2
    Levelling up is indeed slower in World of Warcraft now, mostly because enemy health has been dramatically increased at low levels. Whether this is a good way to make the leveling experience more engaging, a desperate timesink to keep players away from the latest FF14 expansion, or a push to sell level boosts (only $60 a pop, and you get one free for pre-ordering Battle for Azeroth!) depends on who you talk to.

Although the experience bonus from wearing certain WoW herilooms has not been nerfed, the raw battle power of heirlooms has been nerfed HARD. Heirlooms used to be as powerful as a level-appropriate blue (Rare quality) equipment. Now they are as powerful as a level-appropriate green (Uncommon quality) equipment.

The guy who stuck a sword through Azeroth was Sargeras. The final guy one actually fights in Raid Finder was Sargeras' slave, Argus the Unmaker. "Antorus, the Burning Throne", is the name of the raid.

I don't really care about the massive nerf to Recruit-A-Friend experience because the only thing I ever used the program for was to get the mounts that are exclusive to it. (There are some pets exclusive to it also).

QOTW: I won't sell Kelley on PS+ because I don't think it's worth the money, and I don't think she'll have time to play the games that come from it since she wants to play both FF14 and WoW.

However, if she has spare time or wants a break from MMORPGs, I will sell Kelley on the Playstation Now game streaming service. It's got a good variety of worthwhile titles (including some Trails of Cold Steel games), easily enough to justify the $15 a month cost, and they regularly add new games to it. The nice thing about streaming is that it doesn't eat up download space on the PS4's hard drive.

When I used Playstation Now, the games didn't have online multiplayer, but service disruptions or interruptions were rare. The only reason I discontinued Playstation Now is that I have too many backlog games to play already (plus WoW, of course).