If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mercenaries Saga Chronicles - Impression

Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles hits the Nintendo Switch eShop today. Joshua takes an early look at how the games handle the transition back to a single screen.

[Impression]

Comments

• mrcos87mrcos87 USAFull Members
    Sounds great so far. May have to cave and get a Switch this year... Good article, if there is a series that needs more recognition it's this one.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    So does each game have its own set of characters, or do they reappear?
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I can't speak for MS1, but MS2 and MS3 each had unique characters.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    They each have unique main casts; I haven't noticed any cameos yet, but I'm paying a lot more attention to the plot this time than when I played MS2. I think they all take place in the same world, but I wouldn't swear to that. I've been writing down names and places to see if they pop up in the later two games.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Thanks. Doesn’t matter because I was going to download it anyways when I’m not being lazy later. But I was just curious.
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    I am loving the first game so far. It is not amazing. It does not blaze new trails. But it scratches that tactical combat itch and has some smart mechanics. I particularly like that I can cast skills at different levels depending on need and MP availability.