If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Looking for an ancient thread

EnyoEnyo MemberFull Members
This may be a bit of an odd request, so I hope its not inappropriate.

Back in the long long ago, I played a forum roleplay here, and I'm trying to find the old thread. Can't seem to locate it - maybe it was deleted, but I did find other threads from that era, so Im wondering if maybe I just haven't figured out how to find it or if it might have been moved to an archive somewhere.

The thread was a 33 Superhero roleplay, ran by TG Barighm, though it eventually fizzled out. I remember it fondly and was hoping to re-read it, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

It started around December 2010 and ran about until January 2012.

I've already searched for various terms that would have been in the thread like my characters name (LALA) and the likes, but none of the threads with those terms that turn up in search are the related to what I'm looking for, and the forum I thought it was on (Saving Throw Gaming) doesn't list it either. I did find various other roleplays I had here, including the Broken Glass one I ran myself and the Savage Tide game I was in at the time.

I don't really expect anything to turn up, it was a lifetime ago and you can't expect things to stay available forever on the internet, but I thought I could at least ask ^_^ Thanks for any attempts to help in advance :)

Comments

• severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited February 9
    It appears to be sitting in a hidden archive. As I suspect there is some particular reason for it, I will defer to those who might know what that was. There seems to be a number of 33 threads in that archive so I suspect they might have been all put there at TG Barighm's request, potentially to keep him in control of the ruleset, so I can't say what could be done with it.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    Thank you so much for looking into it for me!

I'm not sure why they'd be requested to be hidden, though I'm sure there was a good reason at the time! I can totally respect TG Barighm not wanting to have the game rules he designed in the open. I'm not looking for those, I just want to reread the old story I participated in.

Is there any way to request a personal copy of the threads I participated in, or maybe just the posts that I made? I won't publish any of them to anyone else and I don't need access to any of the 33 ruleset either if that helps.

Anyway, I very much appreciate you looking into this, I hope I am not causing too much trouble with this odd request.