If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New Videos Appear for Kingdom Hearts III

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
edited February 11 in Latest Updates
The D23 Expo once against provides something new for Kingdom Hearts fans. Two new videos showcase a brand-new world for Kingdom Hearts III as well as the game's theme song.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    Sure took the series a long time to get to just three main entries. Regardless, I'll still get it.
  • oldmanbaloldmanbal Full Members
    Dear god I still have nightmares from those floating door warp zones. . .
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    They claim there'll be a release date given at PAX Southwe... er, E3 in June.

Because we all know Square Enix nails release dates that they announce at public facing "press conferences" without any sort of delay.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited February 11
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    Sure took the series a long time to get to just three main entries. Regardless, I'll still get it.

Technically, this is main game seven. The series is basically invisibly numbered by increments of .5.

Kingdom Hearts = 1
    Chain of Memories = 1.5
    Kingdom Hearts II = 2
    Birth By Sleep = 0
    Dream Drop Distance = 2.5
    A Fragmentary Passage = .5
    Kingdom Hearts III = 3

If you thought skipping CoM made II confusing, then just prepare yourself. Anyone who has skipped the intervening three games leading up KHIII are in for quite a confusing ride.
    ClixPsi.png
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    Personally, I don't understand people's complaints about the story in the KH games being confusing, since I find their narratives to be about as complex as a Dr. Seuss book. I wish the games would have more humor, as well, since comical characters like Mickey, Donald, Goofy, et al, feel horribly out of place in games devoid of comedy.
  • omegabyteomegabyte Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Clix wrote: »

Technically, this is main game seven. The series is basically invisibly numbered by increments of .5.

Kingdom Hearts = 1
    Chain of Memories = 1.5
    Kingdom Hearts II = 2
    Birth By Sleep = 0
    Dream Drop Distance = 2.5
    A Fragmentary Passage = .5
    Kingdom Hearts III = 3

If you thought skipping CoM made II confusing, then just prepare yourself. Anyone who has skipped the intervening three games leading up KHIII are in for quite a confusing ride.

This is unfortunately one of the reasons I think this game may bomb horribly. At this point the series has become indecipherable to all but the most diehard fans. I'm probably going to skip it for no other reason than I have no freaking clue what's going on anymore.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I would hope they take all that into consideration, and sort of let it somewhat stand alone story wise. If they dump people off into this game and it’s required knowledge to know all the back story, then it will be a mess.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited February 12
    Personally, I don't understand people's complaints about the story in the KH games being confusing, since I find their narratives to be about as complex as a Dr. Seuss book. I wish the games would have more humor, as well, since comical characters like Mickey, Donald, Goofy, et al, feel horribly out of place in games devoid of comedy.

Because a lot of the characters look and act the same, are the same person in alternate realities, alternate realities in general, clones, backstories out of order chronologically, tons of metaphysical nonsense, unique pronouns, plot twists where schemes and motives were not what they seem, on and on. I might try to remember and keep track of it all if I thought the story was good, but it’s hard to piece it all together when it’s been so long since some of it came out.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited February 12
    Clix's comments pretty much sum up the reason I'm not hyped up for it, regardless of how good the gameplay is.

I've skipped over most of the Kingdom Milks side games other than Birth By Sleep, and its been ages since I've played the original Kingdom Hearts games, so the plot and characters are likely going to be meaningless to me, even if they do a good job which is a shame. Its just been too long and what was originally there isn't exactly easy to commit to memory since, as Budai says, theres so much nonsense going on even if the majority of the each game's telling is fairly straight forward until then. Unfortunately RPGs that focus a significant portion of their content on storytelling that have a poor outing in this area just don't sit well with me, as I'd rather just play another gameplay focused title at that point like Monster Hunter or Souls from action RPG perspective. I'll still rent KH3 and give it a fair chance though for sure.

Also looking forward to finding out what the new count for number of characters
    that end up being Ansem or Xehanort in some form
    that could make for some solid entertainment, haha.