If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Shining Resonance Re:frain Receives New Trailer

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Shining Resonance's PS4 remaster hits Japan in a little over a month. A new trailer from Sega highlights certain aspects of the game's new version.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• zacirothzaciroth ItalyFull Members
    At least the art is consistent with where the series has been in the past. Though it feels like they are trying very hard to be more Tales like than Shining like. This looks okay, I just don't understand why they are so adverse to bringing the series back to the tactics style that it was in the 90s. At least remastering the Shining Force series.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    My friend bought me this game (PS3) when he was in Japan. However, I wasn't able to find a decent walkthrough, so I've not played it yet.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Sega, feel free to use valkyria chronicles 4 engine and game as a starting point for a new shining force.
    zaciroth wrote: »
    At least the art is consistent with where the series has been in the past. Though it feels like they are trying very hard to be more Tales like than Shining like. This looks okay, I just don't understand why they are so adverse to bringing the series back to the tactics style that it was in the 90s. At least remastering the Shining Force series.

Both phantasy star and shining force suffer the same fate of never getting another traditional entry. It’s a shame.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Budai wrote: »
    Sega, feel free to use valkyria chronicles 4 engine and game as a starting point for a new shining force.

Shining Blade on PSP kinda did that, but we never saw it here.

"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Budai wrote: »

Shining Blade on PSP kinda did that, but we never saw it here.

I wonder if it was any good.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I played a little of the import and enjoyed the gameplay, but I couldn't speak to the story or pacing overall.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm