If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ys Origin Heading to Xbox One

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited February 22 in Latest Updates
Ys is making the leap to the Xbox One for the first time and should be arriving on the console shortly. In the meantime, there is a brief trailer to get RPGamers excited.

[Story]

Comments

• LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    Does anyone at RPGamer actually have an XBox over a PS? Seems like poor decison making for a "RPGamer." Having all the consoles doesn't count, because my point is there are precious few RPGs you can get on the XBox and not on Playstation and this isn't one of them. Maybe when Mistwalker was actually making real games this was a more reasonable option. I realize that people here can make their purchasing decisions based on more than just RPGs, but I still wonder. Maybe this question is too offtopic, but since the game itself isn't new it seems like the console is the real topic here.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I really don't see many people who really do mostly play RPGs just having an Xbox One over a PS4 or even Switch. I have all three, but only have the XBO because I got one via a price error at Target. Even then it wasn't really worth the discounted cost.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Microsoft really hasn't made a case for someone who likes RPGs to get an Xbone. To their credit, they have been pushing their games to PC as well, but that means if you have a decent PC, what's the point of an Xbone? I have nothing against Microsoft, but unless someone is really devoted to Halo or Forza, I don't see the reason to pick one over or in addition to a PS4.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    jscarpe wrote: »
    Microsoft really hasn't made a case for someone who likes RPGs to get an Xbone. To their credit, they have been pushing their games to PC as well, but that means if you have a decent PC, what's the point of an Xbone? I have nothing against Microsoft, but unless someone is really devoted to Halo or Forza, I don't see the reason to pick one over or in addition to a PS4.

If you already have a collection of 360 games and don't want to keep two systems its a great option.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
    deleted.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Wii U - the absurdly underrated console
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    Attn: console warriors,

None of you are helping understand how to pronounce Ys.
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    I thought it was "ease," but it should be "yis."
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Ysy.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
    deleted.