If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack: Episode 184 - Fragile, It Must be Italian!

Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: KirinAdministrators
edited March 8 in Latest Updates
In a world with little life left and lots of clues about what went wrong, a young man must puzzle a way to survive. This is a story of Fragile Dreams, and here we talk about one of the Wii's unconventional highlights.
Spooky ghosts await.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited March 9
    I did finish brandish on snes, never did have a problem with the view.

I agree too, about "a link between world", this was the best zelda I did play since "a Link to the past"
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • D-ChapD-Chap New Member Full Members
    Of the Memory Items in Fragile, the one that hit me the most was the final one about the guitar player and the girl.

As I remember it, the guitar player would sit on the roof and play while eyeing this girl who would come by occasionally. By the end of the game you start to realize that once people went to sleep, they died. So the population starts to fall as people drift off to sleep. The guitar player and the girl have stayed awake far longer than everyone else, so they are two of the last living people on earth. Depressed and exhausted, and realizing they can only delay the inevitable, they decide to spend their final moments together since everyone else is gone. The final memory is the girl leaning against the guy's shoulder slowly drifting to sleep to the sound of his guitar.

In one of the saddest games ever made, this image to me was the saddest, most relatable moment for some reason. They weren't angry or hysterical at the situation, just somber and accepting of what they couldn't change and choosing to spend their last moments together, connecting on a peaceful level.

In my mind I can't disconnect this game from Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Both came out around the same time. Both had really great, emotional (and sad) stories that almost made me cry. Both had horror elements. Both used the Wii-mote as a flashlight (which is honestly, a brilliant mechanic and one example of the Wii controls enhancing a game in a way unique to that system). And I think they're both fantastic, unique games that faded into obscurity and never got the credit they deserved.