If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Omega Labyrinth Z Runs Afoul of Ratings Boards

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Omega Labyrinth Z always had a few more hurdles to clear to attain an English release than other titles. In a selection of countries, it has fallen at the one set up by the ratings board.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
    deleted.
  • gaijinmonogatarigaijinmonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Quelle surprise....

We are talking about a game whose logo was designed to incorporate a lowercase omega as a pair of boobs, after all...
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    Did you read the reasons for refusal? I did. This stuff is incredibly creepy. Why do you even cover it?
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
    Because unfortunately it's its own discrete section of the RPGestalt, and someone out there will want to hear about it since it's being released overseas, albeit not in most markets.

I remember covering the first game in Japandemonium (as well as the MonPiece games from Compile Heart, which had mostly the same issues) in large part because no one else on staff would, and I don't blame them for that. It's D3 at its skeeviest.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Complete RPG Coverage Period. It's up to others what they want to play. I won't push a review on anyone though.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • StrawberryEggsStrawberryEggs Familiar Change Administrators
    I almost want to see what certain parts of the internet's reaction to this news is but...I also really, really don't. DX
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I would suspect those parts already pirated it, so they're "good".
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • UltraKev9UltraKev9 Demi-Plane of Semi HemispheresFull Members
    Okay, I have to ask, as an RPG minus the fanservice how does it hold up? Is it a bad game or a boring game? I tend to like dungeon crawler games like Sword City, Wizardry, etc., and like the occasional Diablo-esque one but too much is too much. Liked Diablo, Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 and didn't really care for Torchlight. Played every Wizardry game that has come out and finished about half of them. Like Might and Magic, too. Played and finished every single one.

So, is this better or worse than these?

Okay, saw a video. I think Dragon Quest: Torneko's Dungeon did this already. Think I'll pass.
    As a general rule, games like this are not aiming to give a great RPG experience. They're just the vehicle for what their careful cultivated audience of fans want. So at best, they're mediocre at whatever genre they're supposed to be, whether tactical, dungeon-crawl, or roguelike.
  • ScionScion RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I know it's generally not fair to judge a book by its cover, but it doesn't seem like anything of value was lost. Though I guess the US is still getting it.