If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 456: "A Very Special e-PAWS-sode"

Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 456: "A Very Special e-PAWS-sode"

Anna Marie hosts this week's Cat Fancy, as the cast tries to figure out if touching girls is OK (we discover it isn't OK to touch underage girls in several countries, as one upcoming title gets refused ratings). Games come out, games get delayed, games change their name, and Josh really hopes an anime game doesn't suck for once. Chris' addiction to Monster Hunter continues unabated, and since it's getting a big update, it's probably not going to end any time soon. Don't forget to leave us an answer to our question of the week!

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "A Very Special e-PAWS-sode"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe on Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Inlodcf5muxdqt3obi7cnippbhm?t=RPG_Cast

Question of the Week:
Have you ever bought a game you were ashamed of?
179811.png

Comments

• LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    edited March 17
    A game that I'm ashamed of buying? You mean like Legend of Dragoon or something? Because I have games like that, but if you mean games like that Omega whatever, no. I won't touch games like that. Sure, there are some games with questionable scenes, that maybe it feels shameful when playing those scenes, but not such that I'm ashamed about the game on a whole or ashamed of buying it. Even the Persona games, which are some of my favorite, have some scenes I could do without, but for the most part they keep fan-service type stuff to a minimum, which I appreciate. Only games I'm ashamed of buying is because they were terrible and a waste of money. Somehow this even includes Legend of Dragoon, which I bought digitally on my PS3 for probably no more than a few bucks. At that price I figured it couldn't hurt to see how bad it was, but yeah, it was as bad as people said.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    Doesn't have to be naughty in nature. Just something you look back and are like "Ugh, I bought that?"
  • redrock963redrock963 KansasRPGamer Staff
    I'm ashamed that I bought 2 of the Argarest War games because I tried to tell myself I liked them.
    redrock963.png
    My Deviant Art Page | 3DS Friend Code: 1005-8614-6875
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I tend to shy away from those games (or get them assigned to me), but... Conception II.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited March 18
    Front page has the wrong title for the MP3 link. 'Episode 456: "That's Not How Time Travel Works"' which has the correct number but the title from last week's episode.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    Thanks, fixed!
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited March 22
    There are at least two types of Mother 3 fans. One type acts insufferable at Nintendo press conferences.

The other type labored for years to make an English Mother 3 fan translation, and pleaded for gamers to financially support the Mother series however they could in the fan translation's start-up screen.

There are at least two types of Undertale fans. One type is notorious for obnoxious behavior.

The other type creates all sorts of entertaining webcomics, fan-stories, or original YouTube videos for the public to enjoy, or donates money to charity at gaming events featuring Undertale.

In both cases, the bad reputation of toxic fans tarnishes everything good about the fandom, and this is why we can't have nice things.

QOTW: 3DS Kemco RPGs. They're the JRPG equivalent of junk food. The best thing I can say about them is that, as 3DS games, any and all microtransactions from their original incarnations as mobile games have been surgically removed.

I feel even more ashamed when I don't wait for a 3DS Kemco RPG to go on sale for half price before I buy it.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited March 23
    QOTW: I'm ashamed of buying 3DS Kemco RPGs, the JRPG equivalent of junk food, and I'm even more ashamed when I don't wait for them to go on sale for half price first. At least their 3DS incarnations don't have microtransactions like the original mobile versions sometimes do.

Justice Chronicles and Unlucky Mage were guilty pleasures... like JRPG Twinkies. Chronus Arc was as bad as the RPGamer review says it is. Grinsia was a mediocre drudge, but at least it stopped crashing after it got patched.