If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ys: Memories of Celceta Heading to PC

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Another Nihon Falcom title is heading to PC. Ys: Memories of Celceta is coming later this year courtesy of XSEED Games.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited March 19
    I was rather hoping it would come to PC seeing as I have every game except 4,5, and 8 on it. Seeing as how none of those have come out on PC yet...
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    5 will need a remake from Falcom sometime in order to happen. At the rate Falcom's been going, I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. Plus the original Ys 5 was dull and unmemorable.
    With regard to Memories of Celceta in particular, I suppose it makes sense from a business standpoint given the poor Vita's slowly dwindling life force.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited March 19
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    5 will need a remake from Falcom sometime in order to happen. At the rate Falcom's been going, I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. Plus the original Ys 5 was dull and unmemorable.

As I recall, they already remade 5 for the PS2, it just never got a release outside of Japan. Having said that, Ys 4: Mask of the Sun had a remake on PS2, but Memories of Celceta is a different game.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Powerlord wrote: »
    JuMeSyn wrote: »

As I recall, they already remade 5 for the PS2, it just never got a release outside of Japan. Having said that, Ys 4: Mask of the Sun had a remake on PS2, but Memories of Celceta is a different game.

Falcom didn't work on the PS2 version
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif