If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Poll - New Features

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
What additional content would you be most interested in reading a column about?
Adventure games
Free-to-play titles
General industry news
Handheld gaming
Mobile gaming
Real-time strategy
Visual novels
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Why is handheld gaming winning? I don't even understand why it's a category. You guys already cover handheld games. Lots.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    These would include non-RPGs, same with mobile and f2p. Just polling to see if there is any interest in a small column like Currents used to be.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    Seriously, I swear there was even a time when the site was mostly handheld coverage.

The F2P market has really advanced in the last 5 years, so I'd like to see more coverage there.

As much as I like RTS, the genre has been pretty weak for years, unless you roll MOBAs into it. Even then, it's a small selection of notable games.

General industry news was more interesting last year than it has so far this year.
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    Personally, I'd most like to see more coverage of visual novels. There are many people whose primary reason for playing RPGs is for the stories, and so I feel like there's probably a pretty significant overlap between people who like story-heavy RPGs and people who would like visual novels. VNs are also still a pretty niche genre in the English-speaking world, so it'd be nice to get a bit more visibility for them.