If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 458: "Set In Space, Close Enough"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 458: "Set In Space, Close Enough"

Half the cast is embroiled in battles in another world. Half the cast got to the bottom of the case with Detective Pikachu. But one mystery is on everyone's mind. Why is Squall wearing shorts?

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Set In Space, Close Enough"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe on Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Inlodcf5muxdqt3obi7cnippbhm?t=RPG_Cast

Question of the Week:
What is your desert island game?
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Interesting. I was actually annoyed at the pacing at the beginning of the first Ni no Kuni. It's probably part of the reason I so quickly got turned off by the battle system when it felt off. I was already tired of waiting for the gameplay at that point. That said, it might have just been a function of what I was in the mood for at the time I played.

I feel like if a game makes you want to autobattle and speed up 4 times, it's probably not a good game. Like if the battles are that bad, they probably shouldn't even have them.

QOTW: I'm going to get bored of any game if it's the one game I'm stuck on a desert island with. Might as well make it a Persona game and I can at least get a good 100 hours before I'm bored. Of course, no battery's going to last that long anyway.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I own the original titan quest and thought it was mediocre.

I have also gone through gaming slumps back when I only wanted to play rpgs. Branching out into other genres has helped me with that.

Diablo 2 is my desert island game and even in offline mode it just doesn't get old. I almost feel like playing it right now.
  • bobbywatsonbobbywatson Random guy Full Members
    I've been through a few gaming funks, and I got out of them by not playing games at all and reading a book or something instead. Of course, I do not host a gaming podcast, so I guess Chris was in a different situation.

As for a desert island game, I'd agree with Disgaea (not sure which one, I've only played the first one so far), though I know I would get bored with it after a hundred hours or so.
  • FeatherHoofFeatherHoof Blue Mage Ohio, USAFull Members
    edited April 6
    Greetings and salutations. Long time listener, first time commenter.

My desert island game is a strange pick, for me, because I've only been playing it for about a week and am completely enthralled by it.

Seeing as I have to wait until "Autumn 2018" to play Monster Hunter World (PC and Switch gamer here who doesn't own a PS4 or XBOne), I picked up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on 3DS (my first Monster Hunter game) to tide me over and learn the game/series. I have not played anything else since. The shear amount of content in that game and the fact that the monster fights are so much fun that fighting them repeatedly for item drops never gets old (for me... so far), I can see myself playing only this during my free time until the launch of MHW on PC. I've only played the game solo so far (up to 5 star at the time of writing this), so I don't think being on a desert island and being unable to play with others will be a detriment to my enjoyment :)
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Familiar Change Administrators
    The latest mainline Pokemon would be my desert island game. I may not be able to get the most out of it without access to the Internet for trading and the Pokemon Bank, but I could still sink a few hundred hours capturing and raising Pokemon. I could even try my hand at a Nuzlocke challenge.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I just finished playing Shadow Madness. I've never seen such a bizarre mix of great dialogue/terrible gameplay.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth has an August release date announced. The pre-patch will likely come in July, and the pre-patch will be the deadline for the Ahead of the Curve achievement (and the accompanying Violet Spellwing mount) and probably the Mage Tower challenge also.

So there's only 3 months left to complete the Mage Tower challenge on as many characters as I can. PANIC!

QotW: World of Warcraft with an internet connection. I would never run out of gaming content.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    The funny thing about Shadow Madness is that it was supposed to be like an FF7 clone (at least everyone at the time acted like it was), but it was terrible at that. Like if they wanted to do that, they could have made some semi-decent FF style combat, you would think. What they came up with instead was atrocious.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.