If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGamer Site Launch Set for End of April

2»

Comments

• LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    I think it's not accepting user names with a space in them.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • Charalampos PapadimitriouCharalampos Papadimitriou Administrators, RPGamer Staff
    edited April 29
    Oh, yeah that's not something we can help unfortunately. Maybe you can use an underscore :D

Just as a heads up, in the long term you won't have a choice but to make a new user name without spaces. The moment your current forum cookie expires you will have to use the site to log in to the forums, so might as well bite the bullet now :)
    it's going to take away the space in my forum name too? :(
  • Charalampos PapadimitriouCharalampos Papadimitriou Administrators, RPGamer Staff
    Yes, the website is now the source of truth for all accounts. Spaces are dead 8-X . Your space is living on borrowed time :!!
    You have a space though. :(
    edited April 29
    I actually don't. My username is cpapadimitriou. As staff, I have the option to display my real name (First + Last name on the profile page of the new site). Because we don't require people to enter first and last names, and because we allow users to change them at will, it doesn't make sense to allow regular users to use their real names as their display names.
    I don't want that anyway. Unless I could make me "real name" Lord Golbez. :p
    edited April 29
    You can make your first and last name whatever you want, even Lord Golbez :D . We're not like, enforcing a policy, just giving an option. But we won't set up regular users to use their first and last names for display, so that won't help you anyway. So your real name (or whatever you put in there) will only show up on your profile.
    edited April 29
    So I've regged and commented. Has it synced with my forum account yet though? Looks like not....so I'm just waiting for this account to fade away and then I'll have to use my commenting account to post on the forums?
    edited April 30
    There should be a button on the top left of the forums that says Sign In with RPGamer if you're logged into the site on your browser. If you click that the accounts will sync. Eventually you will lose your forum cookie and have to click that (or click Sign In if you also log out of the site).
    Also, I have a nifty button that lets me expire your cookie >:)
    edited April 30
    Please don't. My new account isn't even accepting my profile pic. First I tried downloading a pic directly from this account and it complained that it was too small. Then I went searching on the internet for a version of this pic. Downloaded/uploaded it, and it seemed fine. It didn't complain, but also nothing happened.
    Can you try again? I haven't seen that issue but could be related to caching
    Also if you send me the pic I can try putting it on there myself and see if it's still not working
    I tried it again. Then I logged out and logged in again. Then I tried it with a third image which was also too small... Then I tried it again with the image that gets no error message but doesn't do anything....
    I guess it hates you :D . Can you check your browser console to see if there's any error messages after you try to upload the image?
    Ah found the issue, stand by
    edited April 30
    Probably, but I'm not actually sure what you're talking about. I should probably mention that it actually does upload. I see the picture when I upload it, but when I hit apply it doesn't change my profile pic from the default. It just goes back to the profile page without any comment or error message and I just don't see any change in the profile.
    Yeah, I ran into the issue and took a look at teh browser console so I have a sense of what's going on, working on it, "Soon"
    Ok, try now
    It sort of works now. The uploading and applying it to my profile works. The part where it has me select a portion of the image does not seem to work.
    Can you be more specific. It looks like it worked for me, except on the profile page itself (e.g it looks correct in the comment you made)
    Well, I did some cropping myself and it looks ok now. Before it looked like his head was cut out.
    Yeah i saw that, it looked like that only on your profile page though, but it looked good on the comment. Anyway, good to see it works. Now you're ready to 'Sign In With RPGamer' to the forums! :D
    edited April 30
    I actually don't see that button. Guess I have to logout and hope it doesn't prevent me from logging back in for good. Thumbs crossed. It worked. And my profile pic does indeed seem to look fine here. Yay! New site! RIP space between words.
    edited April 30
    Welcome to the world of no spaces :D .

Once I'm done with more important things I'll play around and try ot figure out the cropping issue.

Also, accounts should never get lost. The staff can always link them if something goes wrong, just reach out !