If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sega Announces Shenmue Remasters, New Sakura Wars

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Fans looking to remind themselves of the events of the first Shenmue games will have the ideal opportunity later this year. In addition, a tactical RPG series is being revived and Sega is providing a couple of new ways to play some classic titles, at least in Japan.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Yay Skaura Taisen!!!!! Sega claims this is a proper continuation of the series so I hope that means an actual console game and not low-effort mobile gacha crap. It's such a wonderfully bizarre series, I hope it gets a good chance to succeed in the west this time.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    These two announcements made me scream like a giddy schoolgirl yesterday. The hype is real, and here's hoping Sakura Wars comes back west again, I loved So Long, My Love.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I always regretted not playing the PS2 Sakura game.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Never played these games, so I'm excited about this. To be clear, I mean Shenmue. Not sure I care about Sakura Wars and I'm generally burned out on tactical RPGs after the shear number I just haven't completed.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.