If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack Episode 187: We're Going to War

Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: KirinAdministrators
The Langrisser series has only come across the Pacific legitimately on two occasions in different centuries, and neither is the high point of a venerable tactical franchise. Join us for a talk about its multifaceted components that includes extensive artwork discussion.
Iwadare music in spades!
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    For the record, I have never played any of those games, but I wish I did. Boy, the soundtrack ROCKS!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Finally getting caught up on this episode and so much of it is Phil reacting to disproportionate character art :)

Add Langrisser to the long list of games I need to try someday.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    I really loved Warsong back then, even with the bad review, I did have to buy the new Langrisser on the 3ds, so they know we want more of that series! I really need to try the other one too, as they seem really good!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited May 8
    Good episode! As far as monster hunter, it didn’t click with me at first either. I completely gave up on tri. I hope some people who dislike the series keep going and maybe they will fall in love too.

And yes the movement system in dragon quest 11 is cosmetic for those who do want to move around, but it serves no real gameplay purpose.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    The list of games I would rather play than subject myself to any more of Langrisser after my review is quite long, and may actually include The Dark Spire.

Suffice it to say, my only disappointments on seeing it hit Metacritic's Worst Games of 2016 were that they didn't quote me, and that there were four games that were worse.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited May 8
    Shaymin wrote: »
    The list of games I would rather play than subject myself to any more of Langrisser after my review is quite long, and may actually include The Dark Spire.

Suffice it to say, my only disappointments on seeing it hit Metacritic's Worst Games of 2016 were that they didn't quote me, and that there were four games that were worse.

Even worse than touhou kobuto
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    Great comments. Read them on the newest show that we just recorded.... I should get that up soon!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!