If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wild ARMs: Alter Code F Details Gallop Into Town

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Latest Updates
One of these days, the well of Wild West references will dry up, but hopefully not before the release of the remake of Wild ARMs.

Wild ARMs: Alter Code F Details Gallop Into Town

Comments

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Yep! that are the new details I was talking abouth. The game now is different in many ways. I wonder if the locations will be invincible as well, forcing the player to use the radar to find towns and dungeons. What I am worried abouth is that there are not a release date to America.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I was wondering about the radar thing myself.
    To respond to the other part of your comment, I'd be surprised if this game didn't come here.
  • MagitekDaregMagitekDareg New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Still, the system is sounding awfully familiar to Wild Arms 3. If they are doing the invisible thing, it would be nice that the scope is bigger so one doesn't has to spend 30 minutes looking for the town you are supposed to go to.
  • The Emperor KingThe Emperor King Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    yeah, this game is goin to be great... i hope. the original was awesome. hopefully the radar/invisible system will NOT be on here. i mean, it takes too long most of the time to find stuff. not to mention, i've played through the 3rd game 3 times, and i STILL cannont get the first ufo tower thingy to appear. i've done everything right, but still... ok, back on track. im glad to hear there is supposed to be 3 new playable characters but i dont have a clue who they could be. emma, maybe? and that blonde girl (forgot her name). i just hope that the story itself doesnt deviate too much.
  • AletheaAlethea Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE" and that blonde girl (forgot her name)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Calamity Jane. She also had a servant/sidekick (can't remember his name though). She'd make an excellent party member. I'd love to see what kind of tough-girl skills the designers would give her.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Emperor King @ Sep. 22 2003,11:30)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"yeah, this game is goin to be great... i hope. the original was awesome. hopefully the radar/invisible system will NOT be on here. i mean, it takes too long most of the time to find stuff. not to mention, i've played through the 3rd game 3 times, and i STILL cannont get the first ufo tower thingy to appear. i've done everything right, but still... ok, back on track. im glad to hear there is supposed to be 3 new playable characters but i dont have a clue who they could be. emma, maybe? and that blonde girl (forgot her name). i just hope that the story itself doesnt deviate too much.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    How did you know that? Do you have connections with them? Until now we don't know if the radar thing will be there.BTW I wonder if Elmina would be playable.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • The Emperor KingThe Emperor King Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordKaiser @ Sep. 22 2003,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"How did you know that? Do you have connections with them? Until now we don't know if the radar thing will be there.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    well, i heard about the other 3 characters from this site; check all the news relating to this game, especially the earliest ones. and i dont know for sure about the radar. i was just saying i hope its not on the remake.
  • Lourde IncarnadineLourde Incarnadine Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The new Playables have been confirmed. Besides Rudy, Jack, and Celilia your party includes Calamity Jane Maxwell, McDullen Hart, and Emma Worth. Emma's apparently going to be the 'blue mage' of the party, similar to Marivel from Wild ARMs 2. You essentially make up a 'front' party and a 'back' party; if you get surprise attacked, your back party will have to fight instead of your main party.

Here's the article.
  • Insomniac DogInsomniac Dog New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I can't wait for this game to come out. I love the Wild Arms series and the remake is sounding awesome. I hope it doesn't stray too much from the original story because I liked it a lot. What would be cool though is if they add in stuff that helps with connections to the other Wild Arms because I know that the story is definitly connected.
    edited October 2003
    Now they've added in data on Jane, McDullen (who was engrished into "Magdalen"), and Emma onto the Official Japanese site. There's also Bartholomew, but he's not listed with the other charcters; there's nothing in the screenshots that looks like he'll be playable... Still, you never know.
    edited October 2003
    Oh yeah, they also added a Character page on Han Pan; I think he looked better in the original, though. Never realized the little guy was 400 years old...