If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Comments

• Time/Space MageTime/Space Mage Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Noo... that movie would do so much better as anime! I'm really used to the main characters having their hair stand up like rabid DBZ fans, not long like they're wearing mops on their heads. >_<
  • MaxwellMurderMaxwellMurder New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    This movie looks so sweet. i mean i thought square messed up the ff movie i mean wtf was that it sucked if you ask me. SO this should atone for the last failure fo a movie lol. I think it is gonna be so cool i can not wait.
  • EddEdd Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Seifer_us @ Sep. 30 2003,17wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"My current theory is that Sephiroth is the one in white sitting in the chair, and that Cloud's fighting one of those black robed guys from Nibelheim. ?I'm just grasping at straws, though. ?I guess I'll just wait until I can grab the DVD to find out for sure.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    yeah, that sounds like a good theory-what I was thinking. The fire things gotta be a flashback, but the guy in white suonds like a safe bet for sephy...
    It was only a teaser so doesnt reveal much but it has got me wanting more. 'teased' if you will....

of course, I thought Spirits within looked good from this stage, so it could still let us down

• MaxwellMurderMaxwellMurder New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    my theory is that the movie is set after the events in the game and there is still chaos in the world. So cloud still searching for the answers to who he is sets out alone. When he is jumped by the sepihroth followers. This begins the big first battle. and when cloud disposes of the last one from the shadows sepiroth arises. But he does not fight cloud he only taunts him. then vanishes and clouds search continues and soo on...
  • Lin MayuLin Mayu Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I like Cloud's new outfit!! And this Sephy-looking guy is pretty cool too. In all, this looks like it's going to be way better than FF: TSW, because it doesn't have to try to appeal to the mass market as did TSW.
  • valetine_4_evervaletine_4_ever Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Who else thinks Sephiroth looks a bit like Kefka in CG in that shot?
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (valetine_4_ever @ Sep. 30 2003,17:01)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Who else thinks Sephiroth looks a bit like Kefka in CG in that shot?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    now that you mention it they both have the same Sadistic look...

and maybe the Wheelchair guy is a girl... then again it could even be Zack or Hojo... (If Sephiroth can come back anyone can)
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Why wouldn't RPGamer be covering this[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Because it's not an RPG? It's not even a game?

Now it should be known that I'm not a naysayer of this whole thing, and I am anticipating the film if not as anxiously as some. Though I think the character's faces look dreadful. Nice animation and cg work, though the design is just bad.
  • ArdeaArdea Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    The shot of Cloud looking towards the camera looks eerily like a shot of Tidus after a year on the Atkins diet, a modelling contract from Hennes, and a contract to test a new extra-strong hairspray.

Still, it's interesting. I'll not pass judgement until I've seen more.
    Heron Heron Heron
  • Lord DycedargLord Dycedarg Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"...and why is cloud using the buster sword if this in a sequel? Isn't like....every single other sword in the game better then that one?

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Because its symbolic, after all it was Zacks sword , and it was on the load screen of the game.

[/QUOTE]The shot of Cloud looking towards the camera looks eerily like a shot of Tidus after a year on the Atkins diet, a modelling contract from Hennes, and a contract to test a new extra-strong hairspray.
    If I use your atkinsdiet/ modelling contract/ hairspray formula almost any two people in the world with the same skin color look alike. If I use the formula in question I can link Mike Myers to Brad Pitt.
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The shot of Cloud looking towards the camera looks eerily like a shot of Tidus after a year on the Atkins diet...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I guessing you commenting on his skinniness. Well in the game he wasn't really all that buff. Looks to me like they gave him the Bruce Lee buffness tounge.gif
  • GuttermouthGuttermouth Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (valetine_4_ever @ Sep. 30 2003,16:01)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Who else thinks Sephiroth looks a bit like Kefka in CG in that shot?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I said that exact same thing to my friend when I first saw the trailer and the image of Sephiroth. He had that same psychotic smile smile.gif

Is it just me, or is Cloud just owning that silver-haired guy? I mean everytime he jumps into clash swords with Cloud, he just pushes him right back almost every time. I'm sure the fight is not meant like that, but I dunno. It seemed funny. smile.gif

I can't wait to see this. . .
  • KashiKashi New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The Buster Sword you see in the screenshot is not the same Buster Sword from FFVII. In the trailer you see Cloud getting rid of the old Buster Sword, probably symbolizing that he's putting part of his past behind him. Note that he's also gotten rid of all of his (well, not really his) SOLDIER gear.

His new one looks all shiny and good. The old one's all rusty.

Also, Seph doesn't really look like Kefka. Seph looks like a crazy, evil bishounen now. Kefka looked like a crazy, evil clown freak.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Cloud also used the Buster sword the entire game, regardless of what sword you actually had equipped. So it makes sense that he has it for at least part of the movie.
  • happytownhappytown Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Am I the only one who thinks that the Sephiroth in the picture with the flames looks hideously ugly?

He gets ten extra points for feeling macho enough to wear dark red lipstick with his pale pink skin.
  • KashiKashi New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Actually, I've played it where I used the Buster Sword throughout the game anyway. He looks so much cooler using it when he does Omnislash than he does with any other weapon.

Of course, so few weapons are cooler than giant, unwieldy slabs of metal.
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"He gets ten extra points for feeling macho enough to wear dark red lipstick with his pale pink skin. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I think that has to do with the color of the flames, and the shadows it causes on his face.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    I think every1 should stop complaining. If i remember correctly every1 wanted a squal or something to tell u what happened after the events in 7 well now u got it so STOP BYTCHIN. Jesus i never heard such whinny peeps in all my life his face is to fat he doesnt look right. well u wanted it u got it. Please be grateful u got this chance for them to tell u what happened after. I think it looks great and is gonna be awsome. And if i remember correctly no 1 at squaresoft wanted to do a sequal to ff7 so at least they gave us this movie. mad.gif
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kohelhunter @ Oct. 01 2003,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I think every1 should stop complaining. If i remember correctly every1 wanted a squal or something to tell u what happened after the events in 7 well now u got it so STOP BYTCHIN. Jesus i never heard such whinny peeps in all my life his face is to fat he doesnt look right. well u wanted it u got it. Please be grateful u got this chance for them to tell u what happened after. I think it looks great and is gonna be awsome. And if i remember correctly no 1 at squaresoft wanted to do a sequal to ff7 so at least they gave us this movie. mad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Calm down dude no need for profanity now
    edited October 2003
    That is officially the worst post ever posted to these boards. Well done!
    edited October 2003
    Wow...
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I think every1 should stop complaining. If i remember correctly every1 wanted a squal or something to tell u what happened after the events in 7 well now u got it so STOP BYTCHIN.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If everyone wanted a squal(sp?) why would there be people complaining, or BYTCHING?
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Jesus i never heard such whinny peeps in all my life his face is to fat he doesnt look right.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    1, 2, 3 sentences in one! Wow! I didn't even think that was possible.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I think it looks great and is gonna be awsome[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Why do you get to make possitive assumtions about the movie, but others aren't allowed to make negative ones?
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And if i remember correctly no 1 at squaresoft wanted to do a sequal to ff7 so at least they gave us this movie. ?mad.gif [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No. 1 owns Square? Somebody call James Bond!

LB: Just think how many sigs you could get out of this guy!

edited October 2003
    I'm having a really hard time deciding, trust me. ;)
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordBrian @ Sep. 30 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm having a really hard time deciding, trust me. ;)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    lol well, he practically asked for trouble with that kind of post and making it in such a popular thread just made it worse. but that's what happens when you mix too much attitude with too little intellect. laugh.gif
    edited October 2003
    PoorGuy... HeMightAsWellHaveUsedOneLineInTheWholeThing lol
  • EddEdd Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid|Juravial @ Sep. 30 2003,21:28)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Because it's not an RPG? ?It's not even a game?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    But it's clearly of great interest to the RPG community -just look at the turn out on all message boards on the subject. I only go to RPGamer for news, I wouldn't have found out about this if they hadn't covered it. It's certainly important to Square-Enix (a major RPG developer) in light of the failure of The Spirits Within and it could certainly affect future games and possibly sequels in the future. As well as that it affects a GAME that has already been released by having a major impact on the way we percieve it's world. I don't think it's unreasonable at all for RPGamer to be covering this.
    By the same logic perhaps we should get rid of the fan art section-because pictures aren't games, the themes section- because backgrounds aren't games, the sound test section- because sound isn't games. Not to mention any industry news that isn't directly relevent to an upcoming game.
  • mushroom2703mushroom2703 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    hhmmm,im not really looking forward to this,as i think its the wrong thing to do for a sequel but i am willing to give it a chance,as it could be excellant.guess only time will tell.i for one,will definetely be keeping an eye on news for it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"STOP BYTCHIN[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

lmao,just had to laugh at that.i could go on about how not agreeing with it is ok because as long as you are polite and give proper reasons its ok...but i'd rather just laugh
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    First off this aint english class so skrew proper punctuation. second off i only said that because 90% of the posts r negittive 1s how frustrating is that. mad.gif My mother once told me something that i think u kids need to recongnize beggars cant be choosers. Also i really dont kare about the structure of square enix. And all Im saying is lets criteque after weve seen the movie. Need i bring up the second matrix. And i think we should all wait be4 we prejudge this movie
  • mushroom2703mushroom2703 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    lol,the second matrix movie was just as bad as i thought it was gonna be before i had seen it,but maybe thats just me..
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I can't see one of the screens either. What do I have to adjust in my browser to get them to not bounce me back to the main page? This only started within the last few weeks.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • PhatosePhatose Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"first off this aint english class so skrew proper punctuation.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Apparently, 'skrew' proper spelling too. ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"second off i only said that because 90% of the posts r negittive 1s how frustrating is that. ?mad.gif [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Unless you work for Square-Enix's publicity department, it should be none at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"My mother once told me something that i think u kids need to recongnize beggars cant be choosers.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Not everyone was 'begging' for a sequel to FF7, you know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Also i really dont kare about the structure of square enix.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Considering you also don't care about sentence structure, I find this highly unsuprising.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And all Im saying is lets criteque after weve seen the movie.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

And no one said you shouldn't. ?I'm sure people will be quite happy to critique after they've seen the movie, just as they're happy to voice concerns and opinions of what we have seen as promotion for the movie.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Need i bring up the second matrix.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

No. ?But a "Howard the Duck" reference or two might make your posts more enjoyable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And i think we should all wait be4 we prejudge this movie[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

And how long do you suppose we should wait before we prejudge this movie? ?Is next week 'prejudge movies' week or something?