If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

13»

Comments

• Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    poor kohelhunter... I got Three suggestions for you.?Suggestion the first-- Use a spell checker on your computer. Suggestion the secand-- If you have no spell checker use a dictionary and if those dont worry get your mom to proof read it... (in no way is this a shot at your mom)

• LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Use a spell checker on your computer. Suggestion the secand[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Bitter, bitter irony. I love it so much.
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I like the character faces in the screenshots, "Sephiroth's" especially, but don't like how Cloud's hair looks. ?It seems too light-colored for his skin and kinda looks like those styrofoam wigs that cosplayers wear. ?Sora's hair in the FMV sequence at the beginning of KH had that styrofoamy, moving-as-a-unit look too....When I see Cloud's hair in motion in the movie I may change my mind.

I'm one of the half-dozen people in the world who has never played FFVII, but figure I'll get around to it before this DVD comes out.

• happytownhappytown Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Since I've actually seen real people do things like that with their hair, I don't think that Cloud's hair is too crazy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I think that has to do with the color of the flames, and the shadows it causes on his face. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The flames may have given his skin a pinkish tint, but they wouldn't also darken his lip color out that much. ?Regardless of poor makeup decisions on his part, I still stand by my decision that Sephiroth looks pretty darn ugly.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Wow my first impressions of the movie were very mixed..... If that skinny punkish looking guy in the very homosexual tight leather costume with white shoulder length hair and flimsy sword is Sephiroth i think i'm going to commit suicide. I am not even remotely frightened of that guy, and his sword is no Masamune. Cloud- WTF asian face, punier than me, and they made his hair all feathery and gelled. Sorry but in clouds case a regular built guy with dbz cg type spikes would've been better. So JUST as I was staring down the barrel of my 6mm (bb gun) the real Sephiroth appears and proceeds to scare the F--KING S--T out of me Sephiroth kicks ass and when I grow up I wanna be just like him..... Bottom line fix cloud, and that guy better not be sephiroth.
    edited October 2003
    A Cloud could beat up Cloud...LOL
  • happytownhappytown Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MaZ X @ Oct. 01 2003,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Cloud- WTF asian face, punier than me, and they made his hair all feathery and gelled.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, in the magazine ad, he looks rather strikingly caucasian I think, but in the first screen he looks asian. ?I also believe, however, that the face shapes in the two pictures are inconsistant.

On the positive side, I'm always impressed by the attention that they show to the texture and movement of fabrics. ?The cloth looks and moves very realistically. ?Nice.
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (happytown @ Oct. 01 2003,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Well, in the magazine ad, he looks rather strikingly caucasian I think, but in the first screen he looks asian. ?I also believe, however, that the face shapes in the two pictures are inconsistant.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Some characters are designed like that like Dr.Aki Ross the Race isnt clear She could be Asian or Caucasian it is all in the eye of the beholder
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    You guys are all entitled to your opinions, and its true that all you have to go off of right now is purely the visuals, but I think you guys should wait until you know more about the movie to critique it so harshly. I myself am wary about putting my hopes into this because it could very well degrade the game, which was one of the best RPG's I've ever played. But it's not graphics or the character design that make the movie, or any game, great. You remember the plot. By today's standards, the graphics in Final Fantasy VII, frankly, suck. But its still one of the best games in existence because of its awesome plot. I'm just going to wait until I find out where they're trying to take the story before I condemn it.
  • ClorithClorith Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Stumbled onto this site. All you'll ever need to know about FF7:AC =] http://www.webpost.net/ad/adventchild/ren/index.htm
  • KurobeiKurobei New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Ah, that clears it up a bit! I'm excited by the fact they say "everyone you'd expect to be in it is in it". It sounds like its going to be good.

Reading the interview with the creators clears it up a little, too. Though I think they are being a tad pretentious about it all... I guess they have the right though. I like the way they are making cloud look deformed like he did in the original, as nosalgia value. V. Good!
  • Wanderer_of_TimeWanderer_of_Time Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    *Gasp* Spend a few months away and look what happens! ?*squeals* ?An FFVII movie! ?biggrin.gif (I liked FFVII, okay) .

Anyway, in the screen shots that I've looked at so far, Cloud looks okay to me. ?He's obviously not anime-style - but that's fine to me. . . Sephiroth (or that guy that turns into Seph)looks kind of freaky though.

Ah well- I'm still happy! ?tounge.gif
  • valetine_4_evervaletine_4_ever Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    YATTA! *glomps Wanderer_of_Time* WELCOME BACK!!!
  • Wanderer_of_TimeWanderer_of_Time Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (valetine_4_ever @ Oct. 02 2003,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"YATTA! *glomps Wanderer_of_Time* WELCOME BACK!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Lol- I feel so loved. ?biggrin.gif ? I finally got some free time (fall break) - so I thought that I'd pay you guys a visit. ?Now I'm darn giddely (is that a word) over that FFVII: AC and Kingdom Hearts 2! ? biggrin.gif
  • SadresSadres New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Whoa. Content nuke. I wonder why Square Enix did that. wow.gif
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Wait and find out... wink.gif
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Viper @ Oct. 02 2003,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wait and find out... ?wink.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Alright, Viper, what do you... err... Square-Enix have in store for us?

Anyway, Wanderer, it's good to see you back amoungst us. smile.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    On Cloud's face again, he now has that stupid Tidus type face but at least without the coked up smile. He also reminds me of Auron wearing that weird garb. I believe they should have made Cloud more like the guy from Berzerk, except not like 10 feet like he was at the end, you can keep the 5 ton sword though because that's their ultimate trademark. Oh and Cloud looks like Clay Aiken from American Idol sad.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Fight to make Advent Children's cast look more girly!

Let your voice be heard!

Edit: Listen to my "voice," then: no petitions, regardless of how stupid they may be. -- LB
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Hmmm... well, I get the feeling that the white haired guy ISN'T Sephiroth, though of course there is some connection. Cloud isn't weak looking... I thought they did a good job in the one screenshot that shows the side view of pronouncing muscle structure. Sure the guy doesn't have biceps the siz of the average head, but then, he'd be a white Barret... I do wish they had kept the hair from the original though...

Oh, an I am looking forward to seeing Tifa... biggrin.gif
  • Henshin_HeathHenshin_Heath Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The first FF movie wasn't too great....so i don't think this movie is going to do so well...i hope it proves me wrong
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    I dont't know about you but i hope they bring it to the united State because i been waiting ever since the game Final Fantasy VII for a movie based on the game and i hope that whoever wrote the news thing missed read the info they got
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    May I say that while I am adverse to the idea of the clones playing a major part in FF7 in general (Because it distills some of Sephiroth's evil if he is manipulating them rather than performing the acts himself. I understand the signifigance to prove how he also has control over Cloud. My apologies on my opinion.) Anyhow. Regardless I find the most insightful message so far to be that the man in the wheelchair may be the true Sephiroth and the fighter to be a surviving clone. It makes very good sense that Sephiroth suffered Mako Poisoning in exactly the same way that Cloud did, becoming unconcious deep within the planet. I'm excited to say the least guys.

I will mention not to bring down your hopes by comparing this to anything you've seen before. Especially the original game - because you dont know whats happening and whats going to happen. Literally whatever they desire is possible and by now they are intelligent enough to know how to make you be surprised. Second thing not to compare it to would be TSW. TSW was nothing like this. Its like comparing 7 to 9, or 6 to 10. They exist in different worlds. The question is whether the world is sucessful. Obviously what TSW lacked was a world and a story that drew in the viewer. I dont think we were quite connected to what happened in the film. But as far as this new movie goes, it does have rules to follow.

Hopes up.

-CED