If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Phantom Brave

ViperViper MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Latest Updates
This game looks very cute, check it out.

Comments

• KennedySVKennedySV New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The overall look of the game is very catchy. Quite reminiscent of Saga Frontier 2 and FFT. Another game that is looking quite well is Venus and Braves.. but then again, that's something for a different thread altogether, lol. ?Visually, I have no complaints. I just hope that the story and other game mechanics are given as much attention.

(They do need to smooth out the textures a bit though.. The characters look great, but I can't quite say the same for the backgrounds and such. These are just early screenshots... So I am sure that they will address this before the game's actual release.)

• DeshrillDeshrill Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Um, it looks very Disgaeaesque. It looks a bit rough... I wonder if the tone of the game will be as zany as Disgaea.
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    It looks good, but too bad I don't have a modded PS2 sad.gif
  • slapizaga_the_banditslapizaga_the_bandit Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It looks good, but too bad I don't have a modded PS2 sad.gif [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You won't need to if the game gets released in the states... Just because there hasn't been a U.S. release annouced yet doesn't mean that there won't be one.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Wahooo! After the awesomeness that is Disgaea, Nippon Ichi has moved to the top of my raydar. I went back and started playing Rhapsody after finishing Disgaea and it also, is a quirky tactical-ish RPG with uber-cute characters and innovation all over the place, while maintaining the oldschool look and overall vibe that I oh so adore (very highly underrated IMO). Hopefully after the surpise Atlus got with it's sales of Disgaea they will be looking at further Nippon Ichi games to port over for us in the future. Oh, how great would it be if Atlus went pack and ported over La Pucelle as well? I think it's safe to say that no game will ever replicate the joy of that first play through Disgaea, but as great as the setting, story and characters were in that game, the gameplay is what kept me going for so many odd hundred hours. Can't wait to see how this game shapes up. Hopefully it will be a worthy successesor.