If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fan Art - How Soon is Now?

CainEJWCainEJW MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Latest Updates
Tired of Square? Well, sorry we still have some. However, to break it up there's some Wild ARMs 3 and our very first Phantasy Star 2 artwork. Come on, and watch for for the sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania.

Fan Art - How Soon is Now?

Comments

• Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Wow only 3 Final Fantasy Works... How many of cloud From the new movie have been submitted so far?

The one of Tir and Gremio is awesome
  • RumikoholicRumikoholic Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Daemonic_Angel @ Oct. 03 2003,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow only 3 Final Fantasy Works... How many of cloud From the new movie have been submitted so far?

The one of Tir and Gremio is awesome[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah... The Tir and Gremio one's hands-down the best. The artist has a great technique and there's absolutely no wasted space. It's just awesome.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    None from FF7:AC, but I will be treating them just like I treat FF7 art. Just because it's a movie not under the FF7 directory doesn't make it free game.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited October 2003
    hey CainEJW, I was thinking a couple things that might improve the art section a bit. first, it would be nice if there was a link to the forums in the section, like most things in RPGamer, just for convenience. The other thought is maybe there should be a section for requests/most wanted (for the not overdone characters of course).

hmmm, and one last thing that just popped into my head. one that is far less likely to happen. anyway, i was thinking it'd be nice to have a date of last submission next to an artist's name in the archives so that we could see who is still active. or maybe just a mark if they've made a submission in the last couple months or something.

well, you're doing a great job. i just thought these things could help a bit. no rush or anything. maybe you could just save the ideas for the next time you renovate the section.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (watcher @ Oct. 04 2003,01:06)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"hey CainEJW, I was thinking a couple things that might improve the art section a bit. first, it would be nice if there was a link to the forums in the section, like most things in RPGamer, just for convenience.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    There's one on the actual index entry, same as where all the news posts, media, and other interaction updates have them.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The Gremio pic looks great but.... where's the scar?
  • LeetdudeLeetdude Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Was it a Smiths reference?

The one of Gremio is quite cool.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The last one was quite nice.

Dracos
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The last one was quite nice.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Are you talking about "Tir Culture"? If so I must agree with you. I also liked the WW one "Gullbait".
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Yes. Indeed, the Tir Culture one.

Dracos
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Oct. 04 2003,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"There's one on the actual index entry, same as where all the news posts, media, and other interaction updates have them.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I meant something like the "Discuss this story in the RPGamer message forums" link that all the news stuff have at the end. That way when i'm at the end, click, and there's the forums. Like I said though, it's just a convenience thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leetdude @ Oct. 04 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Was it a Smiths reference?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Given everything else in the update, i would say it has a "The Craft" theme, a movie which contains a cover of the smiths song "how soon is now."
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Oy, sorry about the lateness in replies I managed myself a nice-sized headcold this week. Yay for changing seasons.

Anywho, I could do the forum links easily, we'll see about that but I'm not too sure. As for the active designation in the archives, that wouldn't be in my control as I don't code our archive script. Plus, it would be a bit hard to do and would rely on the date I put the work in, not so much when it was done.

As for the theme...

"<span class="spoiler">The theme this week is a few different possibilities, but one is the most correct.

1) Smiths - 'How Soon is Now?' creators.
    2) 'The Craft' - it was the cover done by...
    3) Love Spit Love - who did the theme song for...
    4) WB's "Charmed"

I'd take Smiths, Craft, Love Spit Love, or TATU(also did a cover); but the most correct is Charmed.

</span>"
  • nasnannasnan New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    hmm. i was going to guess the craft. the highlights tell me i was partialy right. joy!