If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Suikoden IV screens and art

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited October 2003 in Latest Updates
We have some new character art and screenshots for you to enjoy. Some of them are from a live game showing, so you'll have have excuse the quality; but it IS Suikoden IV media, so we hope that gives us some leeway.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/suiko/suik4/suik4.html
179811.png

Comments

• deathbunnydeathbunny New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    This game is starting to shape up pretty good. I have seen the video the pics were taken from and it looks as though Konami has listened to some of the feedback from part 3. They even give you a proper 3rd person view!
    My question is, why the heck did they go back and use the character artist from the first suikoden? It was just fine the way it was.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Okay! Now I'm pretty durn sure Viki and Jean are in this game! laugh.gif
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    first of all they look like they where photographed in front of a screen door...oh well you warned us...

*edit* I forgot to add my second point...hehehe

Is it just me or does Jeane look like an older version of Maru from The Legend of Dragoon?

• JudgementJudgement Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    *tortures himself with visions of a game he'll never play* seriously it's looking sweet and all but we're never going to see a PAL version of this. I lost a lot of respect for Konami when S3 was cancelled so I am trying not to get to excited this time round sad.gif
    You have awakened the sleeper May God forgive those who go against his Judgement
    and may God show You mercy and compassion For I shall show you none........
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Looks good! And thank the Goddess there are CATS smile.gif

CATS>>>>>>>>squirrels!

I also like the camera angles this time(from what I saw). One thing that scares me is the look of the dungeons, will they be the same "straight line" linear dungeons from Suikoden III? I hope not.

But on the other hand, THERE'S CATS!
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Judgement @ Oct. 06 2003,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"*tortures himself with visions of a game he'll never play* seriously it's looking sweet and all but we're never going to see a PAL version of this. I lost a lot of respect for Konami when S3 was cancelled so I am trying not to get to excited this time round sad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    maybe you should get a copy online... and a PS2 to play it... or maybe a Mod Disk or Chip to play imports
  • JudgementJudgement Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I've looked in to modding my PS2 but I have yet to find anywhere local to me that will do it It's classed as taboo over here, I know there are DIY kits but I haven't the first Idea about soldering and I'm told the no solder ones are a load of rubbish. I really can't see the point in investing in a second PS2 for just one or two games and having just bought an Xbox & KOTOR I'm not flush with the cash at the moment I don't think there is a PAL/NTSC Boot disk for the PS2 but if anyone knows any better let me know it could be that it will redeem my faith smile.gif
    You have awakened the sleeper May God forgive those who go against his Judgement
    and may God show You mercy and compassion For I shall show you none........
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Judgement @ Oct. 06 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm told the no solder ones are a load of rubbish.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I have a Mod Disk for my PS1and the only problem is that I cant switch disks when I end one.

• JCove2010JCove2010 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathbunny @ Oct. 06 2003,00:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"My question is, why the heck did they go back and use the character artist from the first suikoden? It was just fine the way it was.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Now wait a minute, what's wrong with the char artist from the origional, those character looked great and plus it may mean that this is going to be a little more like the firstr and second suikoden's. SIII wasn't bad but I enjoyed SI & II more
  • ocarina_hyruleocarina_hyrule New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I would just like to point out that suikoden 3 wasn't released in the UK and i had to find a copy of suikoden 2 on ebay which im playing now, however i have a feeling that we won't be seeing it over here, moving on, the game looks great ! anythoughts email2stu@aol.com
  • Jibrille Tenshi-samaJibrille Tenshi-sama Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Oh dear...what happened to the artist of Suikoden III? I loved that art, it was so pretty and detailed. Oh well~. *Ahem* Anyway, to answer your question Meo Twister, yes, it does look like Viki and Jeanne are in the game. Even though there are question marks for Viki's name, she is sneezing, so it gives it all away. ?wink.gif
    ?The game looks really interesting. Even though the screenshots aren't that clear, I have a basic idea what it looks like, and I do like the in-game graphics.

edited October 2003
    Whats everyones problem with the Original Artist? I thought it was pretty good it just didnt have as much of an Anime feel as 2 and 3.
  • TheTykeTheTyke Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Well I for one am not complaining about the artist. I'm sure I will love it, however it turns out. =)

I liked the art for Suikoden 2 best, I think. Many of the pictures had a painted feel, which I thought was a little more distinctive than the straight-anime feel of SIII. Er but maybe I'm just thinking of the intros? smile.gif
  • The Emperor KingThe Emperor King Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    viki looks almost the same. there is a guy that looks like he is related to viktor. oh, and jeane has cleavage... a good bit of cleavage. thats something new to the series.
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Emperor King @ Oct. 07 2003,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"viki looks almost the same.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    stop and think about that a second... ... ... ... ... ... ... Viki would pretty much have to look the same... nuff said...
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2003
    I wonder if both Viki's are going to appear again, or if it will only be the adult-looking one that act likes a kid again. Oh well, it doesn't matter. Just glad that they are keeping one of my favorite mages.

I sure hope that they finally explain why Jeanne is apparently immortal.

And I also hope that Pesmerga returns after his notable absence from Suikoden 3.
  • The Emperor KingThe Emperor King Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Daemonic_Angel @ Oct. 06 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"stop and think about that a second... ... ... ... ... ... ... Viki would pretty much have to look the same... nuff said...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i meant as in her face picture thingy. it looks the same as it did last game. sorry for the confusion.
  • Jibrille Tenshi-samaJibrille Tenshi-sama Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Hmmm, it's not that I have a problem with the artist of Suikoden I...it's just that I love the artwork for GenSuiIII because it's very detailed & such. (I also love the artwork for the Suikogaidens too) Actually, this artwork for Suikoden 4 looks more anime than anything. Suikoden II and III artwork looked like manga illustrations. Suikoden 4 art reminds me of illustrations that are done for animations series for some reason. *Shrugs*
  • Henshin_HeathHenshin_Heath Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    i just hope the main character gets a really really powerful rune again like in the first suikoden