If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Lineage II update

Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited October 2003 in Latest Updates
Got a bunch of media for Lineage II. ?That's right, more reasons to hand your wallet and life over to another random company.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/pc/lineage2/lineage2.html
179811.png

Comments

• StomStom Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Random company? NC Soft is the biggest company in Korea and one of the biggest companies in the world. They have a huge amount of MMORPGs, including Lineage, which is the biggest "worldwide" MMORPG there is, even outdoing Everquest. In fact, they actually help run Everquest in Asian markets.

Oh, and if you don't take them seriously, does the name "Lord British" Richard Garriott ring a bell? Well, he's been working for NC Soft for at least two years now, doing this and that. (Note: for the majority of you new school console RPGs, Garriott is the main man behind the Ultima series, which spanned dozens of titles on PC and occasionally bleeding over to console.)
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited October 2003
    confused.gif

As in like pick a company at random, and give them your money.

Though I hadn't heard of them...and we don't seem to cover Lineage I for some reason.
    179811.png
    edited October 2003
    Ahh, sorry. Misinterpretation.

Lineage does have a gamepage floating about somewhere, but the North American market has shunned it for having graphics on par with the original Ultima Online, which just isn't shiny enough. Add in that the game costs around $13-14 a month and you've basically committed suicide here.

That's why many people who know MMORPGs are excited about the sequel. Finally the graphics will be a bit more modern, as in actual 3D, and still have the kind of content that made Lineage the game that caused actual fights (and sadly, even some deaths) over in Korea.
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited October 2003
    It's okay. I went ahead and changed it anyway since there was too much potential for people to be insulted by it.

Oh and lineage's page is conveniently www.lineage.com and, of course, www.lineage2.com for the sequel.
    179811.png
    edited October 2003
    I actually meant RPGamer's game page. I'm sure a search for Lineage will bring both up.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stom @ Oct. 08 2003,06:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Ahh, sorry. ?Misinterpretation.

Lineage does have a gamepage floating about somewhere, but the North American market has shunned it for having graphics on par with the original Ultima Online, which just isn't shiny enough. ?Add in that the game costs around $13-14 a month and you've basically committed suicide here.

That's why many people who know MMORPGs are excited about the sequel. ?Finally the graphics will be a bit more modern, as in actual 3D, and still have the kind of content that made Lineage the game that caused actual fights (and sadly, even some deaths) over in Korea.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I disagree with you there. Lineage didn't do well in america because of poor marketing (sorta like snk of usa) and most american players already had accounts on the korean version. The US will be lucky if they are getting this game =/ But I do agree that nc soft isn't any random company. They did create Ultima Online which is old but probably one of the more famous mmorpgs out there.
    edited October 2003
    Heh, turns out we do have lineage I. My bad. I've reorganized everything nice and easy so you can find lineage on the series page now. Also, if you had trouble accessing mp3s, it's because they were still on my hard drive. >.> Fixing that as I type.
    179811.png
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kyo717 @ Oct. 08 2003,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The US will be lucky if they are getting this game =/[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    We'll be getting it. They seem to be releasing the US version first from how the us website sounds at least. The question I have now is if Lineage or Ultima online came first, and which is better?
    179811.png
    edited October 2003
    As I've talked to NC Soft the last two years at E3, I can assure you that they have every intention of releasing Lineage II in the US and they will give it a much bigger push than they did the first. NC Soft's US branch has grown by leaps and bounds since then.

kyo717, do you know if the entire Ultima Online crew from Origin went over? I never actually heard what happened to the rest of them.