If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Nintendo Creates Zelda Compilation

2»

Comments

• Honda_InsightfulHonda_Insightful Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    The only reason people are bitchin' about Link to the Past is because they are too CHEAP to go out and buy the Gameboy version. Face it folks: Link to the Past is an *AWESOME* game, and Nintendo deserves to earn some profit from that masterpiece. So stop being greedy, and go BUY the game. Give Nintendo the money they deserve.

Me, I'm looking forward to the collection so I can play Masks and Zelda 1. Neither of these games is available any more, so it's great that I can finally play them.
  • StomStom Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    You know, as many people talk about missing Link's Awakening, and I admit that I do too, I find it a little difficult to believe that no one has brought up Capcom's Zelda forays: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. Seasons is a decently solid game and Ages plain rocked. I'd love to see all three of those, and maybe the first two Zeldas, on GBA in some form.
  • LobstrosityLobstrosity Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darshu @ Oct. 10 2003,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Heh. Unfortunately the compilation is packaged with new Gamecubes. If you already have one, you'd have to buy another one to get it. Doesn't that suck? And to boot, it's only available ONLINE! Doesn't that suck even more?]

http://www.gameforms.com/news/?1031

Toodles. smile.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That should work out just fine for me. I thought I was going to be getting a Cube for my birthday, but that plan fell apart. As soon as I get a job, I'l getting one of those, as quickly as possible. For me, the only downside should be my other friends who already have Gamecubes will want to borrow the Zelda Compilation, or Moo about having to buy it off of eBay. Which isn't all that bad, really.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stom @ Oct. 11 2003,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I find it a little difficult to believe that no one has brought up Capcom's Zelda forays: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The Oracle games were brought up way back on page one, so you'd be right to not believe that nobody brought them up.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    For those who are saying that the reason LttP isn't on this disc is because it was already released on GBA, well OoT was already released on GAMECUBE. So that will be three versions of that game, two for the same system!
  • ElranzerElranzer Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The way I see it, this makes perfect sense. Back when Ocarina of Time was given away with The Wind Waker, I knew tht they would pack-in Majora's Mask on some sort of incentive disk in the future. And I was right. The additions of Zelda 1 and 2 plus Ocarina of Time (for those who missed it) just make the deal sweeter.

The Wand of Gamelon, The Faces of Evil and Zelda's Adventure were not included because of Philips licensing. Likewise with the two Oracle games, don't forget Capcom developed them. But it doesn't matter because I own all five mentioned games tounge.gif

A Link to the Past wasn't included because it's being SOLD for the GBA, they will not give away a current product. And as for Link's Awakening, believe it or not this game is still being manufactured and sold for GBC (the DX anyway), try a Toys 'R US.

So think of this as their way to re-release Majora's Mask, which you knew they would. I don't think anyone should Moo that an already sweet deal isn't sweeter.

- Elranzer

• yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Elranzer @ Oct. 11 2003,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Likewise with the two Oracle games, don't forget Capcom developed them. But it doesn't matter because I own all five mentioned games ?tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, other than repeating what others have said, You're wrong about another thing.

Nintendo owns the Oracles games. Just because they had Capcom develop them doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Just thought I'd add a couple things that no one seems to have caught here. ?With this disk and the Game Boy Player, every single game in the Zelda series will be playable on the Gamecube. ?There's no reason to include ALttP or the Oracle games since they can all still be found new in major retail stores. ?The only game that's not on this disk that could possibly make any sense at all to include would be Link's Awakening. ?And even that can still be bought used and played on the Gamecube.

Also, it still makes perfect sense to include OoT even though it already has a Gamecube release. ?Remember that OoT was a preorder bonus for Wind Waker and this disk is a pack-in bundle with new Gamecubes. ?This is a promotion primarily for people who don't yet have Gamecubes. ?How many people do you think there are who preordered Wind Waker but don't have a Gamecube?
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teratron @ Oct. 12 2003,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"How many people do you think there are who preordered Wind Waker but don't have a Gamecube?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    From the sounds of things, a lot of people did that. I've read numerous posts on various message boards. One would think that most of them have GCNs by now. I wouldn't be able to sit and look at a new game for long without owning the proper system to play it on. biggrin.gif
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teratron @ Oct. 12 2003,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"How many people do you think there are who preordered Wind Waker but don't have a Gamecube?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, me, for one. I saw it as my last chance to own a copy of Ocarania of Time without hunting for an old N64 and a copy of the game. I plan on getting a Gamecube, so I made sure to get my copy of OoT months ago. I lent it to a friend who has a GC, but didn't think to pre-order Wind Waker. But if I end up getting one of these Zelda Compilation GCs, I might think about letting him keep it.

Is it just me, or should Nintendo make paint Gamecubes packaged with the Zelda Compilation Gold? It would be a fitting tribute, and they already have a Platinum.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    What really blows about this is the fact that it's only with systems at retail. To get it seperate, you have to go online. That's going to kill those of us in retail... I know our store could get 100 preorders or more within a month's notice. However, our rep's news about the disc not hitting retail seperate from systems really sucked. sad.gif

Yea, I'll buy it from the site.. but I still wish we could at the store. Sure as heck would help boost sales!
    edited October 2003
    And without even considering retail sales (sorry, I don't work for a game store, so I really don't care what kind of sales they make) it would be more convenient, I think, if they'd just put the Zelda Compilation in stores. What I'd really prefer is if they'd just sell it as a game, with no preordering or anything like that necessery. But since this is how they're going to do it, and I really want that disc, I'm just going to play things their way. What else can I do, really? Aside from waiting for a copy to show up in the used racks at E.B Games or Software Etc, or going through eBay, the only way I see it to get this disc is to do what Nintendo wants. So I'll comply.
  • Potato_GuyPotato_Guy New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    i havent notice anyone mention it yet. What i would love to see surfaced and put on the cd is the often forgotten super famicon re-master of the first zelda. it is overlooked and should be out there and it would be totaly cool if it hit the collection. ?also just so i understand this right, this collection can get bought online so you dont need to get another gamcube? what would the estimated cost for it be? I think it is bogus that they are including OoT on it. they already released the cd before.

• Options
    edited October 2003
    Having OoT on it isn't a bad thing... gives the people who missed out on the pre-order bonus a second chance at getting it.

And yes, you are correct.. it will be available either at retail bundled with a system, or on Nintendo's online store.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Time for my input, I guess:

*ahem*

I wasn't going to buy this, becuase I already have every Zelda game ever. But then my NES exploded. Now I will be getting myself a copy.