If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

World of Warcrack

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited August 2013
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like a really fancy way of saying they've lost so many people they need to begin combining smaller servers.
    edited August 2013
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Sounds like a really fancy way of saying they've lost so many people they need to begin combining smaller servers.

Not really, this had always been an issue with smaller servers. I've been on large populated servers and tiny ones. It's a pain to get into a good group on smaller servers (and this was back in 2006)
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

edited August 2013
    Then why didn't they do it when it mattered?

Nah, I like my theory better.
    edited August 2013
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Then why didn't they do it when it mattered?

Nah, I like my theory better.

Well considering Cross Realm technology only arrived this expack I doubt it coulda been done earlier
    sig.gif

• Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    Agreed with TheAnimeMan.

We all know that wow is on the decline, but that's still like saying Microsoft only made 100 Billion Bucks this month instead of 150 Bil. LOL. They're still have tons of players and they're still making tonz o' money. Even in the height of their day, however, low pop issues were there on some servers. People gravitated towards where there friends were playing, making some servers really packed, and others low pop. They would try to encourage peeps to move from high to low pops by allowing free transfers to the low pops and the such.

This solution going forward is certainly a more elegant way to solve the issue. Personally, I've been very happy with what they've been doing with Cross Realm grouping, phasing, etc., etc for the last few years. It's really nifty. When I play other MMOs that do not have this tech, and my friends are on other servers for whatever reason, it's definitely missed.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
    edited August 2013
    Hey, all I said was they're making a big deal of combining tiny servers.
    edited August 2013
    That wasn't ALL you said, TG. Be fair! LOL
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
    edited August 2013
  • Iliya MoroumetzIliya Moroumetz Member Full Members
    edited August 2013
    Like another poster said, I usually don't come to this thread, but I want to come back. I really do.

However, my primarily problem with WoW is its ability to convey any sort of compelling story for the Alliance. That, and I despise Chris Metzen's self-inserting himself in the game at regular intervals. Stupid Horde.

Just as a background note; I started in March of 06 and played until about, a year and a half ago. So, alas and alak, with things going as they are, my poor gnome DK and gnome Warrior are more or less abandoned.
    edited August 2013
    Gonig to have to shut off my account but only cause money's tight for a few months. Hopefully can get back in before the new xpack comes out. (cause we totally know there will be one once Blizzcon happens)
    sig.gif

edited September 2013
    I take it Siege of Orgrimmar is the last bit of content for Mists. I like to wait for everything to come out before I play an expansion.

**Apparently it isn't *quite* the last bit. The next pre-expansion event is supposed to be more of a full-on content update than just some random event.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited September 2013
    Whoops, wrong thread.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited September 2013
    Okay, I spend the past few days breeding, EV training and leveling a Ferrothorn. These Pokemon have high defense and special defense and lots of resistances. In my case, I needs resistances to two types: Dragon and Psychic. Fast members (or they may have Choice Scarves equipped) of these types keep tripping me up. Ferrothorn will act much like Undine did, being a defensive wall that further cripples the foe with Toxic, though better at the defense part and less apt at healing. He will carry an Occa Berry to deal with any Fire moves and Thunder Wave to slow down Pokemon I now are fast and may carry a Fire Move. His name? Yog-Sothoth (or rather "YogSothoth). I'm not really a fan of Ferrothorn's design, but it does look like a minor Lovecraftian horror and surely it's ability to wall things and wear them down could inspire madness in my opponents.

Helping him will the Special Sweeper Gokudo the Infernape, starting off and Gin the Choice Specs Latios to deal with the Pokemon he can't.

(psst wrong thread)
    sig.gif

edited September 2013
    For a minute, I thought she was talking about raising pets and pet battles in WoW, hahahahaha.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited September 2013
    Yeesh, no kidding. O_o I'll have to rectify that...
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2013
    I'll be suitably excited in two years.
    edited November 2013
    sig.gif

edited November 2013
    Looks pretty interesting. My wife and I spoke at great lengths about how WoW needs PC housing. I guess this goes one step further...you get your own barracks/town! ROFL. Unfortunately, they will use phasing, I imagine, to make this work, which means few others will actually get see the fruits of my labor. Pity.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited November 2013
    I don't know, one of the biggest complaints about the farm you can run is that you can't share it with others. I think they'd go out of their way to allow people to come to your garrison.
    My favourite part is levelling new races and classes, so this makes me a little bit sad. Still, I get that Warcraft's popularity skyrocketted with Warcraft 3, and this is a great opportunity to fill people in on some of the main characters from Warcraft 2. Ner'zhul with his skull make up looked huggable when they put him into the trailers in Burning Crusade, it'll be good to see him in game.

I'm hesitant about a new expansion, but every time a new expansion comes out it's much better than the one that came before it.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited November 2013
    Instead of 12+ year old character models, it'll now look like 5 year old. Hurray?
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited November 2013
    LOL! C'mon DRPG. Don't be all hatexr on it. I imagine that's not going to bring tons of lost subscribers back, but it *is* a nice touch for those who are still in it.
    edited November 2013
    "Garrisons can be shown off to same-faction players in your party, who can walk around your base, converse with your NPCs, and appraise your layout. You’ll have a reason to show your Garrison off, too: trading resources. For example, if you have extra building resources, you’ll be able to bring them to a friend’s Garrison and exchange them for materials that you need."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11502044/Warlords_of_Draenor_Take_Charge_of_Your_Garrison-11_8_2013
    sig.gif

• Emmanuel VandelEmmanuel Vandel New Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Maudren wrote: »
    I haven't had any experience with bg since my accounts been cancelled for a month. Is it as detrimental to the game as everyone says it is? Perhaps Blizz would remove it if there was enough customer dissatisfaction heard.
    I would Llike to recommend you to have bg experience once if you account will be cancelled.I also hear a lot from my friend and they are not as much satisfied with the same server which you are using.They often complaint me about the issues and block of account.
    edited February 2014
    So...who's tempted by the newest expansion? :)
    edited February 2014
    Not yet. I'll get back in when it's out.
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    I'm interested. I'll start back up when WoD comes out. I've killed Garrosh a few times, so I'm basically done right now. I might play once in a while to level, but I'm using the downtime to catch up on other things.

-Kel
    edited February 2014
    My mage took over the rpgamer guild
    sig.gif

edited February 2014
    Haha, nice! Kind of a bummer all the rpgamer staff have left Draenor.