If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

World of Warcrack

Comments

• RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    While there were two yesterday, I feel impelled to point out that it's been months.
  • theprofessionaltheprofessional Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Maudren @ Jul. 12 2005,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"
    >theprofessional

race/class? smile.gif[/QUOTE]
    Night Elf/Rouge LV12

right now the game is a huuuuuuuuuuge grind until I can farm enough items to sell and buy new armor.

Dracos:

Guild Wars used to kick me off after every second or so of loading the game up, that's what I meant for no random boots, because on the same computer, World of Warcraft runs with no problems. And as for server disconnects, there was one about an hour or so ago.

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I've never been booted off of Guild Wars.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Me neither. I started up guildwars again after a few a month or two break. Necromancer/elementalist. Having a blast.

Anyway, I'm starting up wow again next week. Going on dethecus server. According to this site, there's a decent balance between alliance/horde. Should be fun.
    sup?
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

This should not be missed by any WoW players, its funny as hell.
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Maudren @ Jul. 23 2005,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Anyway, I'm starting up wow again next week. Going on dethecus server.[/QUOTE]
    I'm on Dethecus, and it's pretty good. ?If you're going Horde, toss Dameron or Maledy a whisper, or if not, post your name here so I can follow you around and mercilessly camp your corpse or something.

Oh, and you might not want to read the realm forum. ?I find it pretty funny most of the time since I've played for hours with and against some of the people, but it probably looks pretty bad from an outsider's view. ?If you're looking for a guild (nice to have one even starting out for bags and everything, or some instance farming from 60s if you don't get good gear drops), I'm <s>high enough rank to toss you an invite to my guild</s> the guildleader of a small but pretty solid guild. ?I've got a lot of respect for the leader of Falcon's Fury on the Alliance side; I'm guessing you aren't one of the... hardcore players.

• ffwarrioressffwarrioress Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(AnimeGamer183 @ Jul. 28 2005,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

This should not be missed by any WoW players, its funny as hell.[/QUOTE]
    laugh.gif I could die laughing right now. Wow, that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(ffwarrioress @ Jul. 28 2005,12:55)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(AnimeGamer183 @ Jul. 28 2005,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

This should not be missed by any WoW players, its funny as hell.[/QUOTE]
    laugh.gif I could die laughing right now. Wow, that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]
    tounge.gif glad you liked it. wont you grind quest with me? endlessly.
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(AnimeGamer183 @ Jul. 28 2005,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"tounge.gif glad you liked it. wont you grind quest with me? endlessly.[/QUOTE]
    "I don't think that's something one dude should say to another dude. Yeah, a little creepy."

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I'm on Dethecus, and it's pretty good. ?If you're going Horde, toss Dameron or Maledy a whisper, or if not, post your name here so I can follow you around and mercilessly camp your corpse or something.

Oh, and you might not want to read the realm forum. ?I find it pretty funny most of the time since I've played for hours with and against some of the people, but it probably looks pretty bad from an outsider's view. ?If you're looking for a guild (nice to have one even starting out for bags and everything, or some instance farming from 60s if you don't get good gear drops), I'm high enough rank to toss you an invite to my guild the guildleader of a small but pretty solid guild. ?I've got a lot of respect for the leader of Falcon's Fury on the Alliance side; I'm guessing you aren't one of the... hardcore players.

Edited by Rico on Jul. 28 2005,13:49
    [/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty awesome rico. After I'm done with knights of the old republic 2, I'll make a character and send ya a whisper.

Prolly in a couple days, heh.

sup?
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited August 2005
    I have come to the conclusion that Scholomance sucks.

...And... That's about it.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited August 2005
    I like Scholomance, mainly because it has a creepy backstory. Strat is probably my favorite highlevel-instance though.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited August 2005
    Oh, I love the atmosphere and the Diablo-ish backstory. In particular I like the passage leading down towards Rattlegore with all the candles. However, the loot table there sucks. BoP green items are more common than blue ones, and that's just not right.
    edited August 2005
    Under an hour for a guaranteed set helm really doesn't seem bad to me, plus the possibility of some very good drops from Ras and Rattlegore. None of the other bosses are hard enough to justify 'better' drops, though stuff like Cadaverous is not bad at all, and quite a few Rogues mix it with Devilsaur and don't bother with Shadowcraft. It didn't have a very good time/reward ratio earlier, but now I even find it worth it to go in pick-up groups.
  • theprofessionaltheprofessional Member Full Members
    edited August 2005
    After some character moves and finally settling down on a server, I'm finally to the point where I'm farming for a mount. I think it's ridiculous to charge 90G and basically force me to farm/grind for hours on end but it's something I was already doing anyways. I figure I wont be getting my mount until lv44-45 unless I happen on some good rare BoE I can auction off.

Epic Mount is gonna be a pain..............
    edited August 2005
    I never really understood 'farming' for a mount. ?I had mine before 41 without any intentional farming. ?Do people really blow their cash on one or two more stat points at the AH every level or something?

Epics, yeah, those are a bit of work, but they don't take that much time (and I'm a Druid, not that I've cared enough to get mine yet) and it's not like there's anything else to buy except materials and the occasional overpriced epic equipment that's actually useful on the AH.

edited August 2005
    90 gold is actually not that much money if you know what you're doing. For example, I bought my Troll Rogue his mount at level 36 and just ran out the level-clock waiting until I hit 40 to buy his training. There are lots of different ways to make cash, I've found... Tradeskills coupled with the Auction House being the best.
    edited August 2005
    Hahaha I had mine with no gold!! Paladins so evil!! biggrin.gif

uhh...I'm gonna burn when I want to get an epic. o_0 ?'cuz I seriously lack in the golding department. ? The Auction House is like a magnet! ?laugh.gif
    edited August 2005
    Earning money for a mount is really just a pain once, as you simply send money from your loaded main when your alts hit 40.
    edited August 2005
    Nothing quite like wiping to Magmadar only because half your raid decided to go AFK long enough before starting that the Core Hounds started to respawn.
    edited August 2005
    A friend of mine just got a job at Blizzard, so hopefully I can snag one of his three hundred month game cards soon.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited August 2005
    Awesome experience in UBRS last night. Rant alert!

1) I rarely join pickup groups nowadays, as I always play with the same people from the guild who are generally up for the same thing as I. However, tonight I did, only because the group was almost full already.

2) I immediately ask if anyone has the blasted key, because it's a pain to get, and few has it. Apparently there's one guy who does.

3) We finally get to UBRS, and gather everyone. Being the sole priest, I buff all 3 groups and waste 3 reagents, but rejoice when I think about how happy I'd be being the only priest if the Devout Robe would FINALLY drop.

4) We clear the first mobs, and get to the door. The guy with the key asks "kk who has key??". Absolute silence. I let out a "What? We thought you had it. That's what you said, remember?". The guy doesn't have it. Everyone gets pissed off. Apparently though, one of our Shamans knew this guy who had the key, but he was in AV. We contact him, and he agrees to be summoned. After a lot of trouble, we finally have him in our party.

5) We go in with him, but it doesn't work. He can't open the door. We realize we have to reset the dungeon. Duh. We go out, regroup, and naturally it takes ages for the new leader to invite the right people again.

6) We are in again. We clear the mobs before the door once again sine the instance is now reset, and we reach the door. The guy can't open it now either. People are now getting royally pissed off. I ask the guy to shift-paste the guy into the chat. He has an incomplete key. How fantastic.

7) Before people start leaving, one of our rogues says that he too knows a guy who indeed has the key. I sigh, and consider leaving for real. Once again. so does a lot of other people. I start thinking I've wasted enough time already, so I might as well go through with it, so I ask him to bring his keyholder.

8) We go out again. We summon the new keyholder. We go in, and he opens the door. Happiness. But the guy won't leave the party. We thank him and ask him politely to leave because we have our last guy standing outside waiting for his spot to be free again. The guy just says "I want 5g for opening that door.". We kick him out and let our last guy in again. Frustration level: Extreme.

9) We finally get on with the dungeon. It took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to get in. While in, things actually went smooth, save for a bunch of immature brats spamming the raid chat all the time, screaming for items, healing, buffs (the last two for no reason at all, I know when to heal and buff, believe me, otherwise I'd never act as a sole priest in UBRS) etc.

10) After we've slain The Beast, I rebuff the party and make sure everyone's at 100%. Just as this is done, and I start drinking, our MT pulls one of the packs from the other room without warning. Sure, one would think a 15 man raid could handle that despite not being prepared, but we wiped. We wiped HARD. Why, you ask? Because DESPITE being beat up by that pack, all people (except me and maybe 4 others) did was to scream and yell at each other over The Beast's drops. They didn't care about the pack until we were all dead. That's when I got 10 whispers saying either "heal ffs!!!!111" or "RESS PLXZZZXX!!111one".

11) I had now lost it completely. I yelled at everyone. I didn't even ress those who were straight out rude. I left that to the Shamans. If people weren't close to me, I'd buff anyway. I didn't even consider it my responsibillity to make sure everyone got one anymore. I'd soon be out, I thought. Once again, I prayed for the robe to drop, so that I would at least get something out of it.

12) All the way across the bridge and inside Drakki's room, I get laughed at by this 14 year-old Hunter who thought I was being "bitchy". I put him on ignore mid-raid, and stopped healing him. On one of the last packs, he died, and I smiled for at least a whole minute.

13) Drakki finally falls. The robe doesn't drop. I don't even bother to wait for the mages to open up a teleport, I just HS out. I had wasted an entire saturday night on a bunch of kids who obviously would have been better off lying in their beds, sleeping. I will never play in a pickup group again.

Ever.

edited August 2005
    Ouch, that really sucks Solon. I ran UBRS last night with a PUG as well and it was one of the smoothest runs I've ever been on ? I didn't get anything out of it, but then, I never do since I seem unable to roll over 20 for some reason. But I do understand where you're coming from. Since I'm in a relatively small guild with only a handful of sixties, the only time I run high-end dungeons is with PUGs. So I've had my share of rotten runs.

For what it's worth, I've run UBRS probably about two dozen times and I've only once ever seen the Beaststalker Tunic drop ? and I rolled a 6 on it and thus obviously lost. I've been running UBRS, LBRS, Stratholme and Scholomance for about two months almost every day and I still don't have a single piece of my set-equipment because I can't roll for garbage and there's no such thing as a raid with only one Hunter in it.
    edited August 2005
    ... Since most of them have 0. ZING!
    edited August 2005
    Hah hah. If only that were true.
    edited August 2005
    I hate RP servers. They would be cool...except everybody's always yelling about how they're supposed to be RPing!

HELLO! It's not RPing if you keep TALKING about it! Grr!

'kay, I'm done. smile.gif
    edited August 2005
    You should start doing class raids, Plug. That's how I got all my equip.
    edited August 2005
    Class Raids, huh? Sounds fun. Tell me more. :)

Anything to lessen the whole 'sitting around IF or Org (character pending)' waiting for hours on end for a raid to coalesce when I usually end up getting absolutely nothing aside from a repair bill from the actual run.
    edited August 2005
    Class raids are usually done in Strat or Scholo... it's simple. You form a raid of 8 people, namely one of each class in the game. As there are sets which are practically designed for each class (Devout for priest, Magister for mage etc.), everyone will have the same chance of getting their stuff.

If a Devout part that I didn't have would drop in a class raid, I have the full rights to claim that item for myself. The same would go for a magister item in the mage's case. That's what class raids are all about. They're the best.
    edited August 2005
    Wow. That sounds simultaneously awesome and impossible. Given how hard it is for me to orchestrate raids of any class combination, finding willing people for a run of that sort would be even more difficult. Especially since (at least, on the server I play) mages, priests, warlocks and druids are outnumbered probably 10/1 by every other class.