If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

World of Warcrack

Comments

• Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Well, I'm not saying it was 'right' or 'wrong' to have that gear...I just don't like that other people can look at the stats on my gear. It adds nothing to the game...it only invite criticism. I'm not sure about it being there at the beginning or not...I'll take your word for it (obviously, all of this got much worse once iLvL plugins got involved). Regardless, I just feel that its a poor design decision that invites griefing.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    "LF 5 DPS MC. Must pass gear exam. Come to SW fountain"

It was always there :)

LFG largely seems to depend on what battlegroup you're in. I have chars in a couple different sets and the differences in attitudes from everything between dps levels and who 'deserves' what gear is pretty stunning. This late in the expansion, people should be considerably more chill.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    I remember getting kicked out of my first heroic because someone could see my armor. It took me forever to get to the official iLvL. I queued up for heroics...and within minutes, after jumping in, got kicked out because someone noticed that one of my pieced of gear had +Spirit instead of my normal, primary stat

You could always look at gear, but I remember the iLvl checkers showing up in Wrath. That was annoying.

I used to gem cheap Stamina gems just to have something in my slots. They made good placeholders until I got gear worth gemming.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah. Maybe.. paws...I just never ran into the issue until the expansions...maybe wrath, as you said. The iLvL check definitely exasperated the problem. But my question remains...why even have it all? So many other games do NOT have the ability to see what the other person has (except for what you see represented on their avatar).

And it's one thing to advertise a PUG with a requirement as you mention, paws. I'm cool with that. if a guy wants to get a party with certain requirements so he has a decent chance of taking down a super hard boss, that's cool. That's not the scenario I'm describing... Its more like... I jump into a random PUG that has no such requirement posted, have one person seems a piece of equipment I'm wearing doesn't meet his expectations, he starts spamming /party with that info... and eventually I get booted or just /ragequit because I work too many hours in a day to have some kid lecture me on the demerits of having one piece of sub-optimal armor :P

With all that being said... I didn't see that as much in my last WoW run through...so maybe its improved. However, I didn't touch heroics, either :P
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
    edited April 2014
    The WoW community is filled with people who make complaining their full time job. I've ran randoms when people complained I was overgeared. Ignore is a wonderful thing XD
    edited April 2014
    What she said. These days I ignore/switch off party/raid chat the very moment someone starts complaining about ANYTHING. I haven't been kicked yet for being mute or deaf to party discussion.
    The iLvL check definitely exasperated the problem. But my question remains...why even have it all?

I'm pretty sure the majority of them are community mods.
    I jump into a random PUG that has no such requirement posted, have one person seems a piece of equipment I'm wearing doesn't meet his expectations, he starts spamming /party with that info... and eventually I get booted or just /ragequit because I work too many hours in a day to have some kid lecture me on the demerits of having one piece of sub-optimal armor

It's not as big a problem these days. Sure, booters are common, but they've put measures in place to prevent excessive booting. Nowadays you don't really see anyone get booted unless there is a very good reason. LookingForRaid is a different story though. I've found it is best to just keep your head down in there.
    edited April 2014
    Agreed. The weighting system has helped significantly in the number of boots I see out of randoms period. And yeah, raids are pretty much shut up and do your job :)
    edited April 2014
    Yeah... I might have to give it another shot soon :) If only I could lay off this DiabloCrack! :P
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Well if we set up some days/times I'd be happy for us all to do some RPGamer fun as a group as the whole battletag/realid invite party thing. I might eve nget tank gear for it :P
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited April 2014
    I loved it when you jumped in and ran with the wife and I in Diablo III. One of the few reasons online functionality is great (I'm still a bit miffed over all...because of the occasional lagspike, I just can't play hardcore, which is a super bummer...because I know I would be ticked if I died to lag).
    edited April 2014
    They announced more changes coming like the removal of reforging :D

That change makes me super happy
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

edited April 2014
    Ah. Yes, without all those extra stats it's no longer necessary, is it?
    edited April 2014
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Ah. Yes, without all those extra stats it's no longer necessary, is it?

They're removing much.

First Removal of dodge, Hit, Expertise, and Parry

Second they are putting str/int on each gear and depending on spec depends on whats active.

Third Reforging made getting gear an even bigger chore. You get a piece oh I can't equip it right now because I gotta go gem, enchant AND reforge it. Supposedly they are reomving gem sockets on some gear pieces
    sig.gif

edited April 2014
    Third Reforging made getting gear an even bigger chore. You get a piece oh I can't equip it right now because I gotta go gem, enchant AND reforge it. Supposedly they are reomving gem sockets on some gear pieces

Can't say I ever ran into that problem. If I found something that was definitely better, I just equipped it and gemmed it later. I always had a few cheap placeholder gems lying around, and I never really pimped my gear unless I was absolutely certain it was the top gear I could get for my level. If it wasn't, I certainly didn't throw down a few grand gemming it.

Let's face it, until Blizz realizes there is a huge difference between customizing STATS and customizing ABILITIES THAT ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR CHARACTER STAND OUT, they will always have this problem. The elitists and devs need to stop acting like achieving some ratio of 60% Dodge to 40% Block versus 40% Dodge to 60% Block is some paradigm altering shift. For crying out loud, dodging a little more often than most other tanks (for example) doesn't make my character all that different from everyone else. Stats is NOT the way to customize a character.
    edited April 2014
    Well as noted they are removing dodge and parry, save for tanks passive mastery/spec stuff
    sig.gif

edited May 2014
    Eira and I just received new computers and they ARE AWESOME.

8GB ram, 2 GB Vid Card, 1 TB HD (which I will add the 1TB from our previous computer done.) Only real difference is mine is 3.40 ghz instead of hers at 3.50 ghz processors
    sig.gif

edited May 2014
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14096397/artcraft-huntress-of-teldrassil-5-13-2014

For those interested in the new character models coming here we have some prelim Night Elf look
    sig.gif

edited May 2014
    OK...love myself some WoW...but am I the only one having problem seeing a huge difference here? I mean, I see *some* difference...but very small?
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2014
    Compared to the models before, this seems to be big only because it's becoming more realistic in the faces and body, from what I can tell.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited May 2014
    Meh. They'll look a little better while I kill them. Damn Alliance.
    edited June 2014
    sig.gif

edited July 2014
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Runicfire/simple

A look at my main with her Legendary Cloak, stupid questline
    sig.gif

• SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Congratulations on your legendary cloak! Between the legendary meta gem and the cloak proc, I always see a huge difference between my alts with the cloak and those without.

The biggest allure of Warlords of Draenor so far for me is the level 100 feral talent that grants were-kitten form. I'm hoping they don't stick with worgen getting snow leopards and night elves getting panthers. I'd love the snow leopard version. On the few occasions I'm out of cat (or soon: were-cat) form I think the Field Marshal's Sanctuary looks better on elves than worgen.
    edited July 2014
    Well I saw the trinekts for Warlords from the Seasonal events and they are level 600 so that means the legendary is going to be worth it for a bit
    sig.gif

edited July 2014
    Well Seraphim my Battletag is TheAnimeMan@1176 and my wifes is DarkEiraStar#1945
    sig.gif

• SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Okay, look for a pending friend request from Kvn!
    edited August 2014
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15107686/gearing-up-to-celebrate-10-years-of-world-of-warcraft-8-6-2014

This has to be on the better rewards they've done for the anniversary since the redo of Onyxia
    sig.gif

edited August 2014
    Some major UI enhancements coming

http://www.wowhead.com/news=241869/warlords-of-draenor-beta-guide-to-ui-and-quality-of-life-improvements

I know a couple of these (like transparent Map) they got inspiration from FFXIV (if not others)
    sig.gif

edited August 2014
    Wow. Lookin' better all the time. Blizzy doesn't rest.
    edited August 2014
    sig.gif