If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

World of Warcrack

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited August 2014
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited August 2014
    The Warlords of Draenor trailer is out, and it's cute. A lot of people said they didn't recognize Garrosh without his tusky shoulderpads, but I think the black lower jaw tattoo is pretty distinct. Also, I think it's a lot better if you watch Grom's cinematic from Warcraft 3 first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVrThqhlLA (Thrall, Grom) before you continue on to watch the Warlords of Draenor trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

I'm not sure I can think of a better choice of material for the trailer to Warlords.
    edited September 2014
    PTR for 6.0.2 is out which means we're getting closer to the release of Warlords
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

edited September 2014
    Yey, hit level 100 in the beta. I tried to do each major quest series in a zone, but obviously your base in that zone decides some of what you do and since it's beta I've had a few quest series end up uncompletable (at least twice this was the end of the series, so I got to see most of it). I'll probably see if I can finish the Nagrand quests before I call beta quits.

My plan was to build my city in each zone the way I wouldn't do it on live, but upon building the corral in Nagrand and seeing it gives you a mount you can fight from (also: kitty and bear move at 200% speed), it'll be hard to convince me not to do that again.

Levelling was slower than it usually is for an expansion. If I have a day off, I usually play all day the day of an expansion on a new character and go 1 to the new level cap. There are no new races or classes, but I don't think I'd be able to pull it off in that one day of play if there were. The quests were fun, though, so I don't mind taking awhile doing quests if I'm having fun while I do it.

For those in your 585 heroic SoO gear, that'll last you until about 98. The 98-100 zone, Nagrand, offered up quest rewards that were around 590, and obviously those can randomly turn epic or rare when you complete the quest. The same way hitting 90 gave you a quest for a 450 weapon, hitting 100 offers a quest for a 610 rare weapon. Garrosh heirlooms scale up to 630, so they're like a free dungeon weapon right off the bat. Still, if you have good SoO gear, you're going to be well ahead of the curve out here.

I love the rare spawn system. It's like the timeless isle, in that they don't tag and have personal loot, but their respawn timer is short (for a rare) and they turn non-rare if you've killed them once and don't offer new loot. Their special drops are 100%, so no need to farm them.

I spent a lot of time exploring, and for those whose favourite part of Warcraft was summoning tons of magical prawn (I'm looking at you, Jon), well, you'll find an island with lobsters and a magical prawn summoning staff.
    edited September 2014
    Paladin is now 90. Have Warrior, Rogue, Druid, and Priest to go
    sig.gif

edited September 2014
    AND NOW for something a little different

[video=youtube_share;fDfNoCjtXvQ]
    sig.gif

edited October 2014
    Next week is the 6.0.2 patch. The time to come getting limited time offered pet
    sig.gif

edited October 2014
    Iron Starlette from the quest, Bronze Whelplings from the invading mobs, and an "Of the Iron Vanguard" title from the quests. I'm ready!
    edited October 2014
    sig.gif

edited October 2014
    Wow, the changes to old raids make a big difference. My 90's are cutting through old content my 100's beat by the skin of their teeth. Mimiron's Head is now farmable by my B team of alts.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    I'll miss Inquisition, but no cooldown on Wind Fury sounds awesome.
    edited November 2014
    No 100 yet, unlike some people, but this expansion has been so far a blast. Also WoW announced they are back over 10 Million subscribers again.
    sig.gif

• KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I'm really loving this expansion. Makes it feel like BC and WotLK. Now if I can find a guild, since my old guild had 1 other person actually play the content.. 100 stuff seems fun, but I haven't had much time to play it yet.

-Kel
    edited November 2014
    Keldarus wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm really loving this expansion. Makes it feel like BC and WotLK. Now if I can find a guild, since my old guild had 1 other person actually play the content.. 100 stuff seems fun, but I haven't had much time to play it yet.

-Kel

If you were alliance and on Lightbringer totally could get you into the guild I'm in.
    sig.gif

edited February 2015
    Just as a note 6.1 is coming and WoW just wrapped up love is in the air, still no mount for me, but Lunar Festival started with some new Schematics and toys

One of the major changes coming to 6.1 is a colorblind feature to help those who has such issues

Previewed here
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17964863/new-colorblind-support-in-patch-61-2-16-2015
    sig.gif

edited February 2015
    Yey, my heirloom rings will go to 100 now!
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2015
    Ooooo, I totally dig that colourblind feature.
    edited February 2015
    Does that mean we'll be seeing more Paws in <The Cute Fuzzy Meow> soon?
    edited February 2015
    If I was on the right server you would see tons of me in Cfm. But i ain't moving unless some one else pays. And that would be lots of money.
    sig.gif

edited February 2015
    Yeah, it's hard to imagine changing servers. As much as you can group, party, and do almost all things with people from other servers there's one compelling reason to keep everyone on a single server cluster: money (and most items) can't be mailed to other server clusters like bind-on-account items can. There's something nice about making a new alt and having 30 slot bags, enough gold for all ranks of riding, enough gold to upgrade a garrison, and alts with every professions ready to go. That makes it hard to be on a server other than your "home" server cluster.

I tried to set up a character on my brother's server, but I've found it can be hard to play there. Part of it, too, is the nature of individual servers. PvP servers aren't good for players who log in, do a little bit, then go afk for 30 minutes or more at a time. I'd spend most of my time sitting down to corpse run just to go afk again and come back dead. There'd never be any time to have fun on a server like that. Then some servers are just full of unpleasant people. You can turn off trade chat and general chat (and everyone probably should), but that only goes so far. Even after combining with Kirin Tor and Sentinels, Steamwheedle still remains a fairly friendly place. On a server like Stormrage, Dethecus, or Mannoroth it's hard to find nice people and easy to find unpleasant people.

So... I'm not sure someone could pay for me to switch servers. If someone caught me in the right mood, though, I could see sending over a few +300% experience elixirs and levelling to 100 quickly some evening. With heirlooms scaling to 100 soon, it could probably go faster than that.
    edited February 2015
    Well, I don't mind the leveling aspect but I do so love my current guild, though I can not raid with them.
    sig.gif

sig.gif

sig.gif

Been slowing working my way through the Legendary quest line for the expansion. Some of it just not having the right time table anymore (kids will do that).

But a few changes they made make it easier.

1. if you completed a step of the line with one character where it involves raid drops those items get increased chance to drop.
    2. No need to attempt PvP fun to try and get an item or reward.
    sig.gif

So many bits of awesome came from Blizzcon for WoW and one bit of meh.

1. Transmog system will now store looks for armor kinda like Diablo III. You just need own it or have owned. No idea if this will be on a per character or account wide.

2. The whole artifact weapon thing.

3. There will be no set starting zone in Legion and the whole area will level with so you can travel as you want.

The MEH news is they are once more changing talents but this to make the specs more individualized.
    sig.gif

edited December 2015
    So for anyone on here REMOTELY interested I'm putting together a normal Highmaul raid for Sunday at 1900 PST, just a fun romp if I can't get enough for it I have no problem pugging. I'll definitely be tanking with my Paladin.

My Battletag is TheAnimeMan#1176
    sig.gif

It's Love is in the Air time once more in WoW which means .... no Love Rocket for me
    sig.gif

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    so, I subbed to this after necro-ing my old WoW account. I made a Panda Shaman. I'm literally playing with the sole idea of shooting lightning at things as a shaman. Hearthstone made me want to for months, so I'm taking a month and doing it. Somehow I have Pandaria expansion even though I stopped at Cataclysm. Neat.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    so, I subbed to this after necro-ing my old WoW account. I made a Panda Shaman. I'm literally playing with the sole idea of shooting lightning at things as a shaman. Hearthstone made me want to for months, so I'm taking a month and doing it. Somehow I have Pandaria expansion even though I stopped at Cataclysm. Neat.

Ah should gotten on my server and you could joined the guild I'm in. Pretty friendly to all types of players
    sig.gif

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    what server and stuff? I've played for like 3 or 4 hours, so not much investment.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me