If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Greater and More Wonderful Newbie Thread

Comments

• Overlord RamirezOverlord Ramirez New Member London, UKFull Members
    edited February 2015
    Been listening to the RPG Cast and RPG Backtrack for a couple of years now, and just decided that I should properly jump in to the forums.
    overlordramirez.jpg
  • AdamvsMaximvsAdamvsMaximvs New Member Full Members
    edited February 2015
    Finally decided to make a forum account since I've been lurking since..... like '99, maybe 2000 haha.

I usually just check the main page for news and reviews, along with the occasional editorial, but I'll probably kick around the forums a bit. I've been a big rpg player since the old Quest for Glory PC games and the SNES, even made an effort to play some of the more obscure titles like Dual Orb.

So 'Hello!' everyone and I'll be seeing you around :D
  • FoxConfessorFoxConfessor London, EnglandFull Members
    I've been meaning to join the forums for a while now. Probably a couple of years, actually. Probably the most respectful and friendly gaming communities online.
    Which is always nice. Oh, and the podcasts rock. And hello.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    I really should do this more often. Hello and welcome all recent and recent-ish members! :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• DragelsnartDragelsnart Full Members
    Hello! I'm new here. I'm a huge JRPG fan, but I play just about everything. Anyway it's nice to meet you guys.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    You are brightly greeted, Dragelsnart. I like JRPGs, too.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Hey there newbies! newbie guide in my sig, I'll update it ASAP :)
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    BOO
    Hello to you, too. It's been a while.
    Bravely second...

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Welcome back, Shentino!
    My personal page
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    Is this board even active anymore?
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    It might be less active than it used to be. Parts of it, anyway...
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    Forums in general are less active than they used to be. Maybe I'm an old fuddy-duddy, but I prefer forums to things like Reddit, Instagram, and Twitter.
    Bravely second...

• I'm Jim but I have had horses in the past and thought the Henry thing was great, and you totally could have sent thaat salt block to me. I've been listening to backtrack and the regular podcast for... too long. Finally got around to the getting to the site, I'm a high quality lazy interneter since the 90's. I used to love message boards since the AOL days when I first got "internet" if that's what you want to call it, and have had more than my fill. I've even lurked here... like a decade ago (well longer actually, college in the early 2000's stopped that, but let's not discuss organic chemistry I read the TOS, and it clearly stated I can not state my opinion in any words) I primarily play Blizzard games lately, mostly Hearthstone, HotS, D3 (I'll hit that game hard every once every few months), Even got around to trying WoW recently, but man if this grind is considered quick I'd hate to see what it used to be like. I'm one of the few that play ESO, and I guess every Elder Scrolls game, my second PC was with the intent to play Daggerfall, then my 13 year brain had to get it running, see the above Organic Chemistry comment. I used to love jRPG's, I don't have a 3DS, or Vita so I don't really get to play them anymore. Once my 6 months in April is done in WoW, I'll likely try out FF 14. I'm currently with a PS3, PC and Wii U. So most of my RPG'n is done on PC.

So yeah. Hi!
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Full Members
    Hi folks!
    My name is Goblin. James Goblin.

A short gameography: Warcraft 3 --> Starcraft --> World of Warcraft --> Age of Conan --> Warhammer Online (best game evah! <3), with couple quite short episodes of Eve online (trial), Guild Wars 2 and WoW (a brief nostalgic return) inbetween.

I like Goblins, Trolls, Centaurs, Dwarfs and in general I'm not a fan of all that generic human stuff :)

A couple technical questions: how to make a sig, and in general - do we have any kind of "level / post counter" feature unlocks on the forum? Also, how often is staff answering to emails? I sent couple (first one - long time ago, second yesterday).

Cheers!
    J. Goblin
    Hello and welcome Henry and James. :)

As for the forum post count question, you can find it in a member's profile, in the upper left-hand corner.
    Bravely second...

Thanks!

Speaking of post counter, I had in mind things like "you can't do this or that before you make 1281873 posts", say - connected to sigs or in fact anything initially disallowed. In other words, how to make a sig?
    There is no post minimum for making a signature. To create one, go to your profile-->edit profile-->signature settings. It gives the maximum image size and character amount there.
    Bravely second...

edited November 2015
    Ah, then I'm afraid we have a technical problem. I already did what you said, and all I saw (after clicking "signature settings") was a blank, white screen.

I re-tried it couple more times, then re-tried it couple hours later, then I changed my browser (Mozila --> Google Chrome) and after clicking "signature settings" got the following message:

"The website encountered an error while retrieving http://forums.rpgamer.com/profile/signature. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly." (well, at least it wasn't just a blank white screen - we have progress!)

Edit: Just in case...: other links (including the ones next to "signature settings") and features are working perfectly fine.
    Now that is odd. As far as I know, no one else is having this problem. I'll be looking into this.
    Bravely second...

Allright, and thanks for rather quick replies <3

PS I'll try to do couple more things on my side of the problem, and if anything helps - I'll post it here =)
    Now that is odd. As far as I know, no one else is having this problem. I'll be looking into this.

As you can see (check my sig) it's working now <3

Thanks!

You're welcome. :)
    Bravely second...

• KingdomertKingdomert Full Members
    Hello, my name is Kingdomert. I'm a fan of RPGs so I joined here. Nice to meet you all.

My personal interests are the Final Fantasy games, Kingdom Hearts, and I'm hoping to get into old RPGs in the future.
    Welcome to the board, Kingdom! Make yourself at home. ^^
    My personal page
  • redrock963redrock963 KansasRPGamer Staff
    edited May 2016
    Hello. I am the newest podcast newbie. I honestly can't remember when I started listening to RPG cast, but I know it's been a LOOOOONNNNG time. I just applied for the podcast co-host thing on a lark thinking I'd just be passed over in a sea of other applicants, and ended up getting picked. I've been wanting to be on a gaming podcast for a while now, so I jumped at the opportunity. So happy to be a part of the community now. ^^;
    redrock963.png
    My Deviant Art Page | 3DS Friend Code: 1005-8614-6875
    Hello, and welcome, redrock! Happy to have you aboard. :)
    Bravely second...

• VaaniksVaaniks New Albany, INFull Members
    Hello, everyone!

After all these years, I finally decided to create a forum account. I don't know why I didn't long before now, but there ya' go. I've been coming to this site a LONG, LONG time, since back in the Unofficial Squaresoft Homepage days. It was originally the music...the MIDI's and other digital formats...that first brought me to the site, and I've been here ever since, visiting almost every single day.

I hope to contribute to some discussions, and I look forward to doing so with all of you! I'm very easy to get along with, too, so don't worry...I don't bite. :)
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    Heya folks, forgive me for being such a silly goose but I'm going to go ahead and plop right on down and enjoy the view back here. Don't mind me I know my way around the tumbleweeds.

Disclaimer: I just now had to search using more than 2 words to find the term "tumbleweed" on a search engine. Clearly my conversation software is severely corrupted.
    Hello and welcome, Vanniks!

Hey there, Zel. I almost didn't see you there. ;)
    Bravely second...