If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Newbie Help Thread

KamikazeKamikaze MemberFull Members
edited August 2010 in General Help & Advice
If you have less than 10 posts, obviously you're unable to create new topics, and thus, you may not be able to get help for a game that may not have a topic yet. Therefore, if you're a newbie with less than 10 posts, ask for game help here.

Just as a forewarning, if I see you ask for game help in a thread that has nothing to do with the game you're asking about, I'll berate you and direct you to this thread.

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited August 2003
    Making this a sticky topic may be helpful in making sure newbies don't make that mistake.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2003
    Or people could use this thread as an excuse to build post count.

Wait....

Feels the irony of his own post.
  • Options
    edited August 2003
    errr....
    I have a FF6 question. I once was into a battle where a couple of my characters were asleep when an animal that looked like a sheep (that or a wild boar... or an aardvark... anyway) appeared and waked them up. Was it because of one of the espers i had equipped (you know like the metal hand that blocks physical attacks when you summon Golem)?Oh, and I didn't summon any esper before that divine beast appeared.

I MISS YOU LITTLE PIGLET!

By the way, why won't my avatar appear? mad.gif
    Damn little red X in the upper left corner

• VargasVargas Member Full Members
    edited August 2003
    That's actually just a graphic denoting that the status effect has worn off... I really have no idea why it's even shown.
  • Options
    edited August 2003
    I am new and have no idea where this question would belong.

I want a game that involves the Nordic religion more than just names of characters, summons,etc.

Are there any games like that?

Is Valkyrie Profile one?

Thanks!, if you can help.
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited August 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Burzum @ Aug. 29 2003,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I am new and have no idea where this question would belong.

I want a game that involves the Nordic religion more than just names of characters, summons,etc.

Are there any games like that?

Is Valkyrie Profile one?

Thanks!, if you can help.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    *sighs*
  • Darkwarrior18Darkwarrior18 Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2003
    Hi there. I need help on elder scrolls three morrowind. What I need help is......Where do I find the daedric armor?
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Do you have the pc version? If so you can just drop it in front of yourself sarcasm.gif ?tounge.gif ? Just remember, it's not cheating it's editing! laugh.gif

You know, I tried to make thread for ANYBODY that needs gaming suggestions but no one liked it....bleh I'm so unloved.

• Arayden TalgrenArayden Talgren New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I just picked up Unlimited Saga used at a local game vendor. Needless to say, like the review on this site even indicated, the game is ruthless.

My first character to choose was Kurt. So far i have know idea how to increase my attributes or even replenish LP for that matter. Any basic newbie advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    I found an old copy of NOX from Westwind Studios ... installed it on my pc running Windows XP. ?I immediately ran the auto-upgrade tool which installed a patch right away for me. ?Now the game won't run, just crashes right after launch.

So far what I can find (readme file on disk & various web sites) show that this game was runnable on Windows NT sp3 (all info is approximately 3 years old), therefore I presumed that it should work on XP. ?

Can anybody provide help / tips on getting this game to work?

thanks -- MuleHeadJoe
  • TRCTRC Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Well without owning it or knowing anything else, try running the game in compatibility for win nt? (right click on the exucutable and go to properties and it is in there somewhere)
  • DarkLinkMageDarkLinkMage New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Im at the part in Final Fantasy 7(Disc 2) where im supposed to gather the huge materia.One is at Fort Condor and the other is at Corel.Ive gotten the one at Fort Condor, so that leaves the one at Corel.Here's the problem...WHERE'S COREL?I can't find it. sad.gif
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Near the Golden Saucer. It's where you take the railway.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Arayden Talgren @ Sep. 04 2003,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I just picked up Unlimited Saga used at a local game vendor. Needless to say, like the review on this site even indicated, the game is ruthless.

My first character to choose was Kurt. So far i have know idea how to increase my attributes or even replenish LP for that matter. Any basic newbie advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Abilities and stats increase once you've successfully completed a dungeon/area. ?How much it increases depends part upon how much a character battled and part upon randomness.

To replenish LP, you need to finish a mission/return to town. ?I never found an item that replenished it.
  • IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLinkMage @ Sep. 06 2003,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Im at the part in Final Fantasy 7(Disc 2) where im supposed to gather the huge materia.One is at Fort Condor and the other is at Corel.Ive gotten the one at Fort Condor, so that leaves the one at Corel.Here's the problem...WHERE'S COREL?I can't find it. sad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In fact, you need to get to the Mako Reactor in Mt. Corel, where you ride a train and have to fight several enemies in each wagon until you get to the controls. The objective is to prevent the train from crashing in North Corel, if you stop it, you get the Huge Materia and the people of N. Corel will give you the Ultima Materia, if you do not, you will not get the Huge Materia and you have to pay 50 000 Gil gil for the Ultima materia.
  • squonksquonk Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    Yay my very own topic!!!!! WHoohoo. I was hoping something like this existed.

Ok I need some help people...

So I am looking for cosmic fantasy for the sega cd and Alshark for the sega cd. If you don't have those, don't worry about it. This isn't the most important question of the day.

The most important question is for the sega cd. I am currently playing Record Of Lodoss War, and it's a pain in the butt to write Japanese characters down for armor and their stats. So I would appreciate it if someone could give me a link to a walkthrough site for Record Of Lodoss War FOR THE SEGA CD!!! Not the dreamcast and not the snes version. I can't seem to find it. I would appreciate any/all of the help you can give me on this issue. Thanks smile.gif.
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    I can't get Aeris 4th level limit break on FF7! I have all the other limit breaks, and I used to the Great Gospel item on Aeris, but she still says "Not quite ready yet" or something similiar.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Er, then you don't have all the limit breaks. Are you sure you have both limits for 1, 2, and 3?
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BrownPants @ Nov. 04 2003,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I can't get Aeris 4th level limit break on FF7! I have all the other limit breaks, and I used to the Great Gospel item on Aeris, but she still says "Not quite ready yet" or something similiar.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    As Rico said, you don't have them all. As the first limit break in a given level is obtained by that character killing a given number of enemies, and the second in the level is obtained by using the first in the level a given number of times, it's easy to skip one occasionally. All you have to do to get it is go to the level you don't have it for and use the first limit break in the level over and over again. It's something like 8 for level one, 6 for level two, and 4 for level three. Easy, really.
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    Ah I understand now...gracias.
  • drops_of_jupiterdrops_of_jupiter Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Ah finnally able to ask and be able to make mom happy...anywho...

I was wondering how you can like get to this one chest in Links Awakening dungeon 8...it has these three blocks and they won't go down...I don't know where the crystal is or anything...if you know it would be more the greatful if you help me please!

and another thing...in Oracle of Ages, in the past second dungeon how to do get into the next room....its the one when you go in then go straight threw, then there are these spike guys and after you defeat them a door opens...you go through there and thats the room. how do you get the door thingy to open?

-Confused Lacey
  • MuusMuus Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I was wondering how you can like get to this one chest in Links Awakening dungeon 8...it has these three blocks and they won't go down...I don't know where the crystal is or anything...if you know it would be more the greatful if you help me please!
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm ... long ago that I last played it, can't remember the dungeon so well ...
    I'll just give you a general advise:
    You can switch the crystals by using bombs, arrows or the boomerang. That enables you to go behind blocks while they are down and the chaange the color of the crystal
    You can also stand on the down blocks and then switch the color. The blocks on which you are standing will go up and so you will be able to walk on them for as long as you don't fall down.

Hope this'll help you
    edited February 2004
    AH...thankyou. You help me out just alittle...its alittle confusing that dungeon...seeing as it is kind of the last Nightmare dungeon...anyway...yes well thankyou again.

- smile.gif Lacey

I went a played...but I still don't know where the crystal is...I know how to 'flip' it..but I don't know where it is....

-Still Confused Lacey

edited February 2004
    Nevermind....I finally beat the game! I feel so lucky...anyway....it seems easy now...

-might just start a new game on it-
    Since it was along time ago I actually started to play the game... tounge.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    Does Aeris really die for good? Why couldn't I just cast Life2 on her?

One thing I find annoying is after the Temple of the Ancients, she runs away and takes her weapon and armor with her, right after she got Princess Guard ( mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif ) and my Edincoat.

Next time I get there, I'm not equipping her with anything but minimal equipping. She's not too helpful in that area anyway.

Don't let her run off with your stuff! De-equip her first!
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited February 2004
    yeah that WAS a pain in the butt. After she died I couldn't believe it. It wasn't long after I got her last damn overdrive and I was REALLY frustrated. stupid Aeris, god bless her game sprite soul...
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    Okay this sucks because I cant get into my old account so I have to start over again. But here goes my question and I hope sumone can help me. In FFX-2 I can not use the Floral Fallal dressphere. It shows I have it in my dressphere menu, but when I go to add it to a garment grid It isnt there for me to add it to any grid. Can sumone please enlighten me on what I need to do or if I am just no far enough into the game yet or if I am just retarded. Thanks

Thorne
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2004
    It is not an item you put on your dressphere.
    You must follow all the "paths" on your current garment grid, and then it will become available in-battle; there's a garment grid made specifically for it which you receive at the same time as Floral, and it looks like this:
    \
    You put one garmet on one end, a second on the other, swap during battle once, and then Floral will become available...R1, I think it is. Watch for prompts.
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    Thanks I appreciate the help
  • noleprincessnoleprincess New Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I haven't played Shining Force II for over 6 years and just started playing again the other day.....I was just wondering how long the characters go before they get promoted because I can't remember. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.