If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Newbie Help Thread

Comments

• Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Dunno about the first question, but as for the second.... in the thread list, at the bottom, you can choose how many threads get displayed on your screen. You can choose all threads in a month, 3 months, etc.

The other threads are probably just old.
  • panny cakepanny cake Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2006
    <div>
    (DarkZitan02 @ Jul. 14 2006,10:08)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">i have less then 10 posts. so i came here! angry.gif</div>
    Hehe, me too. The thread description sounded like an order. smile.gif

I don't think I need any help though (other than mental).
  • Optimus Prime is BritishOptimus Prime is British New Member Full Members
    edited November 2006
    Uh...I'm new. Blah. So hi
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hi everyone. I'm playing Breath of Fire and realized tonight that I have a problem. I'm nearing the end of the game and realized too late that I was supposed to use the Rod5 to fish for Dragon items for Ryu, and unfortunately I sold my Rod5 at one of the item shops ages ago. I've tried fishing for the items using the Rod2 but it doesn't seem to work. I'm just wondering if it's possible at this point to go back and get those items (maybe there's another way to find a second Rod5?) or if I've missed the chance should just continue forward without them.

Any help you guys can give me would be great!

Thanks so much,
    Tracy
  • Kefka_VIKefka_VI Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2006
    You could've used a backup save. biggrin.gif
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2006
    I'm pretty sure there's one and only one Rod5.
    Dragon items are only fishable with Rod5.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanks you guys. Looks like I'm just going to have to go on without them. Maybe next time I play through the game I can get all of the Dragon goodies. smile.gif

Tracy
  • alvyman89alvyman89 Member Full Members
    edited January 2007
    So you need ten posts to be able to post elsewhere eh? Hmm... well nobody ever answered my question that I posted above so I guess I will ask again.

Does anybody know how to read the full message on the top blue bar of Internet Explorer when you are viewing the home page. I would really like to read the full quote line thingys that are posted there. Thanks.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited January 2007
    I have IE and RPGamer saved in my favorites. If I hover the mouse over the RPGamer link, the whole quote will show up in the box there. Try that?
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited January 2007
    I know that if you have the new Internet Explorer, you see the entire quote if you hold the cursor over the tab with the page. Other than that, I don't know because I have my browsers completely updated, and I'm not sure if you can see it with Mozilla.

Edit: Actually, Firefox shows the entire quote for me, but IE cuts it off on the top bar. Weird.

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2007
    Why anyone would ever use IE is beyond me.

Then again, it's beyond me why anyone would use Windows in the first place. laugh.gif
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • alvyman89alvyman89 Member Full Members
    edited January 2007
    Thank you guys very much for your help. I can now see the whole thing.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Solon @ Jan. 17 2007,18:34)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Why anyone would ever use IE is beyond me.

Then again, it's beyond me why anyone would use Windows in the first place. ?laugh.gif</div>
    I should hurt you for that...but I'm lazy.

Oh, and welcome newcomers!

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Your forum dance seems to be becoming erratic. I didn't know this thread existed anymore. Which I realize is contradicted by my own post up the page from here, but it wasn't until I accidentally clicked the first page and saw just how old it was. But to get to the point...

Bad Tigron, bad. *wracks hands with yard stick* That's right, a yard stick.
  • Seargent06Seargent06 Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    theres plenty of people who still use IE.
    [url=\"http://obelisk1planethell.blogspot.com\"]Visit my blog[/url]

\"Smile It will confuse people and make them wonder what your thinking\"
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I NEED HELP !! i got a playstation emulator and the legend of legaia game and i got all the plugins and everything it was all working fine. for the first like 30 min of the game and then i got out of the first town basically when the game starts to begin.

1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i got there and now when i go into like the main menu it goes black and stays black, or if i get into a battle it stays black and blank and nothing happens.

2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Also when i exit the emulator the music is still playinf from the game.

how do i fix these problems !! PLEASE HELP !!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hi all. ^_^ My name is Khaav and I'm new to the forums. I have a quick question about NIS games such as Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, etc, etc. I love these games, but I'm not that great at taking advantage of the reincarnation part of the game. Could someone please give me some insight on how it works and how I should go about leveling up my characters and reincarnating them to get super powerful characters fairly quickly. ^_^ Thank you very much for your time. If you wanna reply through e-mail, I can be reached at khaav@hotmail.com

Or you can hit me up on aim - Khaav81

Thanks again. ^_^
    edited September 2007
    welcome to the forums Khaav.

• AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Maybe ask around on the GameFAQs board for your question Khaav. There are some nice FAQs there too although none of them seem to relate directly to your question.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hi there, quite new, but ive been visiting the site forever and a day. Ive been playing RPGS since Crystallis ont he NES, ive played nearly every semi-well known for PS+PS2.

Currently im looking to buy either an Xbox360 or PS3. The last two consoles ( xbox/ps2 ), it was an easy choice for me to choose, ps2 seemed to (and did) cater to RPGs and I had a wealth of rpgs games that came my way. Xbox 360 seems to be trying to make some rpgs this time around, but overall, would I be a fool to buy an Xbox360 over a PS3 if I plan on buying a lot of rpgs? I love sports games as well, along with many other games, but I don't want to feel left out at the end of the day with an Xbox that chose not to make RPG games.

Thanks in advance.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    If you're looking strictly at consoles, here are some things to consider:

Xbox 360 currently has many RPGs released or in development, including stuff by Mistwalker and Square Enix. It's also cheaper.

PS3, on the other hand, is getting Folklore and Final Fantasy XIII.

The Wii might be a safe bet, with Fire Emblem and some Dragon Quest heading its way, plus the fact that Nintendo owns Monolith.

At the end of the day, though, the fact is that most RPGs are going to the DS. My personal gaming set-up is PSP, DS, PS2. That's given me more than enough to play. But if you're wanting a console for RPGs, you should definitely consider what I've said above. Also remember that all the consoles are going to have quality offerings this generation; it comes down to which specific games you want to play.

Hope that helps.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, I guess I should have said first, the initial reason im getting either PS3/Xbox360 is for NHL 08. The Wii will not be making them.

The cost of the xbox360 is really appealing, and right now they have a great amount of good games. Only thing im concerned about is the fact that A) 20gb hd for the nice priced one...unsure of its enough B) Im really afraid of having my system burnout on me...it seems to be a huge problem.

I love the FF series, though I also love other series just as much ( Suikoden, Shin Megami etc )...Im just afraid if I get an Xbox im going to have very little of quality rpgs to choose from I guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    If someone could please post this to the squenix forum, that'd be great! I just registered to ask the following:

Hey guys, I have a dilemma. I'm trying to decide whether to get FFT:WotL [the ff tactics remake] in English or Japanese. I live in Japan, so it's waay easier for me to get my hands on the Japanese copy. Furthermore, the psp is region-free, so no problems there. However, I fear my Japanese level is nowhere near capable of dealing with FFT. So, my question is:

Has anyone here played the Japanese version of FFT / FFT:WotL and could tell me how difficult the Japanese is? Does the kanji have furigana?

Part of me feels like I should enjoy fully a game I love so much (aka, in English), and part of me feels like it'd be great motivation to try and translate, since I love it. So..? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    HI,
    I am trying to decide which new console i should buy.Which is better games wise.Sony psp or the nintendo ds? rock.gif
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Depends on what you want to play. I have both, and I play both on a regular basis. That said, the PSP is the one I prefer, if only for Monster Hunter Freedom, which I play pretty much daily.

Both systems have ridiculously short battery life for portable consoles, but the PSP has the advantage of a removable battery, so you can take an extra with you.

The good games for the PSP are few, but they're VERY good. The DS has a huge number of games, many of which are average or decent, with a few titles standing out as excellent (Final Fantasy III and Etrian Odyssey come to mind).

As for upcoming games, PSP has FFT this week, Disgaea, Crisis Core, Dissidia, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. The DS has FFXII: Revenant Wings, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Dragon Quest IX, the Dragon Quest IV-VI remakes, the Final Fantasy IV remake and probably some others I'm forgetting.

To be honest, they're both very good gaming systems, but the push recently seems to be for the heavy hitters to be on the DS.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Daughter of ChaosDaughter of Chaos Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I have a question, how do I get the Barheim Key in FFXII?
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Daughter of Chaos @ Oct. 30 2007,13:14)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I have a question, how do I get the Barheim Key in FFXII?</div>
    WOO!
  • VandoleVandole New Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Hi there folks! I'm new to this forum and i need some help/advice from ya. You see, i got tales of desitny 1and 2 and the cds are scratched. I try to start part 1 all over, but when I walk enter the town called phandaria, the screen goes blank (black) but the background music keeps playing. Also i got the same problem when selecting continue game. in Tales of D 2, I'm stuck in the little town in a tree. I can fight and save in the dungeon area of that place (morle)?, but when i exit to go to the world map, the screen goes black(blank) but the background song still keeps playing and sometimes it doesn't. Has these things ever happened to you folks? I been hearing about some scratch aids or whatever that it suppose to fix scratches on playstation and other cds, and I would like an advice from ya, should I buy one? There is a gamestop nearby and the scratch fixer is a bit pricey like around $30. Please help me i feel so depressed abouth this situation! T^T. thanks!
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited November 2007
    My Legend Of Legaia 2 CD is also scratched, to the point that to even load it, I have to have tried loading the game save with the first CD, then when it comes to a movie, it fails on me again.

You could try a DVD/Video store, as they may have cd repairers that are cheaper, BUT if the CD is far too badly scratched, it may not even work then.

Pity the music industry changed the original CD's, as they could be absolutrly covered in scratches, yet still work perfectly fine!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited March 2008
    Welcome Vandole, i really hope you get your problem solved and i would try what Bain_nick said and try to look at some other stores that sell it or can repair it. Well anyway again i welcome you to the forum and hope you have a good time on here.
    I will warn you it can get crazy on here at times.lol. but you should have some fun.

Welcome to all the newcomers.

This discussion has been closed.