If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Newbie Help Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2004
    I'm a newbie and I need help.

Someone mentioned a Newbie Guide, but I can't seem to find it. I've already got a veteran stalking me (no names will be mentioned), and he's embarrasing me in front of everybody (as if I need help doing that!)

Where is this so-called Newbie Guide? I need to read it.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (noleprincess @ Feb. 17 2004,09:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I haven't played Shining Force II for over 6 years and just started playing again the other day.....I was just wondering how long the characters go before they get promoted because I can't remember. Thank you![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    20 levels.
  • Rent CavalierRent Cavalier Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Gp...I'm pretty sure I know who that "veteran" is....^
    ^
    ^!
  • Options
    edited March 2004
    Does anybody know what has happened to the Gametalk site? I have'nt been able to get on to it for the past few days
  • monkeychemistmonkeychemist Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I have a question about the original Suikoden game. I just beat griffith at the northern checkpoint and then went past it. Then I teleported home to save and when i came back, i can't seem to get past the northern check point. Is there a way around this or did I just get myself stuck in a glitch?
  • black lightningblack lightning New Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    i cant get the mog class of time wizard on FFTA any one know how to get it?
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gpfault @ Feb. 22 2004,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm a newbie and I need help.

Someone mentioned a Newbie Guide, but I can't seem to find it. ?I've already got a veteran stalking me (no names will be mentioned), and he's embarrasing me in front of everybody (as if I need help doing that!)

Where is this so-called Newbie Guide? ?I need to read it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I look back across time when gp was a newbie and its freaken me out. Was I the Veteran?
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
    edited March 2004

The pain felt between my eyes at reading such lines cannot be simply put into words. The detailed acknowledgement of a self-centered comment and inward reflection and self-blame is ridiculously silly.

MonkeyChemist:

That sounds like a glitch to me. But it's been ages since I played that game.

Dracos
    Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda
  • Bahamut ZeroBahamut Zero Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Okay this may be of subject but I have a book to FinalFantsy7 and I tryied to beat Seprioth but it did not work my levels are at the hightest there can be so can somebody help me?
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Sure. Just tape down your controller's o button and you should beat him no problem ^^

Heh, seriously though, just make sure to cure on occasion, put up barrier/mbarrier/haste, and you shouldn't have too much trouble if your levels are seriously 99. If you have KOTR just cast that 2 times and he'll be dead. I don't understand why you would trouble with him at such a high level, though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I look back across time when gp was a newbie and its freaken me out. Was I the Veteran? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I think he was talking about Dracos.
  • PeddaPedda Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Well as I can't create a topic I'll ask about it here...

I was installing Broken Sword 1 on my moms computer. It is a bought game so it isnt a copy. But when i was done installing it and started the game it said:
    "Insert CD 1 and press any key"
    So I did that and pressed space and after that the screen went black for a couple of secs and then a new text came up on the screen that said "Incorrect CD. Insert CD 1 and press any key"
    And I tried with both CD's.. Anyone know what I should do?
    I run Windows XP Pro on my moms computer.

And BTW where do I see my posts?
  • Oki_RPGOki_RPG Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And BTW where do I see my posts?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    See here, this should clear up.
  • PeddaPedda Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oki_RPG @ April 02 2004,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And BTW where do I see my posts?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    See here, this should clear up.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    well alittle anyways... didnt have time to read all four pages... but the first one and the last =)
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I think this is something more people would like to see pinned.

Desh says: No, Viper hun, "pined" is the past tense for the verb "pine," which means to long for. "Pinned" is the past tense for "pin," which, in this context, means to keep a thread at the top of its appropriate forum tounge.gif *hugs*

edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bahamut Zero @ Mar. 27 2004,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Okay this may be of subject but I have a book to FinalFantsy7 and I tryied to beat Seprioth but it did not work my levels are at the hightest there can be so can somebody help me?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You can't beat Sephiroth at level 99 with a strategy guide?

I have trouble believing that.

Dracos
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Actually, when Cloud reaches level 99, Sephiroth automagically becomes much, much tougher, so unless you actually know what you're doing, it's possible to have trouble with him.
  • Options
    edited April 2004
    I think I might have hit an easter egg in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but I want to make sure...

Has anybody else gotten advanced classes asking to join up? I mean classes like Fighters and Dragoons, not anything special
  • Options
    edited April 2004
    Black Lightning, if you're still checking this:

The mog time mage is unlocked by getting 5 black mage action abilities.
  • FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Has anybodyelse gotten advanced classes asking to join up?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    This happens late in the game. I,m not sure when but mabye just before, or right after you beat Le-Grim. This is probobly to make new members be on the same level of power and skill.
  • DeezDeez Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    It's a long shot in the dark, but i figure it wouldn't help to ask my question.

Has anyone here played Darkened Skye for game cube? I'm stuck in the war lords palace and some advice would be helpful. I'm stuck in the throne room. There are two rooms that are both heavily guarded and i can't seem to get past them. Any advice on how to slash my way through these enemies?
  • Options
    edited April 2004
    Maybe it is an easter egg, then. I've gotten three of them, and I haven't gotten very far in the game at all.

If I'm right, all you do is take the default character name and call the clan 'Ragnarok'. It seemed fitting.
    edited May 2004
    Huh well I diddn't have this start hapening untill when I said, So ether you're right or it happens when you have a certin number of advanced classes in your party. I usally take fore ever to get the advanced classes because I just HAVE to get EVERY avalible skill before moving on sarcasm.gif .
    How far are you anyway?.
  • epicepic Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    anyone else having trouble getting 100% completion on ffx2?
    i even went out and bought a guide, and i still cant find like 6.3%....i have played all the way through one time, and im all the way to the farplane glen. i have spent way too much time in the freakin comspheres, is the extra scene worth all this crap?
    edited May 2004
    That depends on what you mean by worth it...
    You can probobly guess what happens.
  • Tuxedo MaskTuxedo Mask New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    apologies, started thread for question

• 1Eevee11Eevee1 New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I need help finding the Dragon Scale in Pokemon Gold so I can beat Claire with her own medicine. (Meh, a Kingdra x Kindra matchup will live a lot longer then Jumpluff.)
    I know it is in Mt. Mortar, but WHERE exactly is it?
  • Options
    edited May 2004
    hey all i am asking about pso for dreamcast i wanted to know if they closed down the server for the dreamcast version can any one help me so i dont waste my time on it?
  • BaconBacon Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    -ish stuck-

In Breath of Fire II, I'm at the point where I have to Do the little bell ringing song with that one guy for Namada ((sp??)) And I have no idea how to get it right. Do I have to find someone from Tunlan (since they are all music-y) and get them to do it?

Pwease help my smallish redneck mind!!

P.S., how do you get a picture to show up in dat dem der signature?

• DarkCloudFan666DarkCloudFan666 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Me gots question about Tenchu:WOH. What do you get for getting master assassian rank on Tesshu's Buddha Temple level? And whoever said something about Aerieses "<span class="spoiler">death</span>" should mark spoilers.
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bacon @ May 13 2004,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"-ish stuck-

In Breath of Fire II, I'm at the point where I have to Do the little bell ringing song with that one guy for Namada ((sp??)) And I have no idea how to get it right. Do I have to find someone from Tunlan (since they are all music-y) and get them to do it?

Pwease help my smallish redneck mind!!

P.S., how do you get a picture to show up in dat dem der signature?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No, you simply have to memorize the rhythm yourself. It's not necessary for anything in the game besides a cool special move I believe you get.

I've gotten fairly far in it but never had the patience to get the pattern right on the whole thing. Someone else likely has.

Dracos
This discussion has been closed.