If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Name 1 song you heard today...

Comments

• RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Alice in Chains- "No Excuses"

A calming influence that makes me feel a little better when I'm low.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited February 2012
    Lover by Peggy Lee. Considering when it came out, the rhythms are pretty wild.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited March 2012
    Final Boss theme - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

It took me a little while to find a video without a spoilerish image (though the suggestions videos contain some). Even if this track is a bit out of place for the game, it's just so epic! I didn't really have a favorite video game composer, but with Luminous Arc 2, Radiant Historia, Xenoblade, and now this game (this track is easily the best, but the rest of the music is pretty decent) perhaps I should consider it to be Yoko Shimmomura.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited March 2012
    Chris Issak's Wicked Game...don't ask. I can't get it out of my head now either.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    Evergrey - The Masterplan
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited March 2012

Rap but I think fans of old cartoons might enjoy the references.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited March 2012
    New Order - Sub-Culture. Couple different versions of this, I like the one with the female backing vocals better.
    Jinkies, huh? Hard to work that into any kind of lyric. I'll give Ugly Duckling credit for it.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
    edited March 2012
    Era of Queens - Origa

I don't think there's a single real word in any language in this song...and that's okay. ^^
    Bravely second...

edited March 2012
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    Jinkies, huh? Hard to work that into any kind of lyric. I'll give Ugly Duckling credit for it.
    Dude. I'm kinda amazed you're still down to give some of the stuff I post a shot. But since you're apparently awesome like that I'm going to do something I was contemplating months ago but decided against. I've been trying to identify a sample and it's been bugging me for almost a year now, and from the stuff you post your taste seems eclectic enough that you might be able to help. The best part is you don't even have to listen to the whole thing which I'm fairly positive you won't enjoy. Just the first 20 seconds or so, enough to catch the violins and the woman singing "love me" should do it. I've already ruled out Carly Simon and Linda Ronstadt, my two best guesses, by going through my parents music one afternoon if that helps at all. Also had them listen but like me they recognized but couldn't identify. If anyone else wants to take a listen to try and help as well I'd certainly appreciate it. This has been driving me crazy for way too long.

NSFW Love Me - Potluck
    edited March 2012
    I almost want to say Sarah McLachlan... but I don't think so for some reason. I'll think on it and try again soon.
    Tanya Tucker - San Antonio Stroll.
    edited March 2012
    Challenging Fate - Devil Survivor 2 OST.

I really love that early part with the piano.
    Bravely second...

edited March 2012
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    I almost want to say Sarah McLachlan... but I don't think so for some reason. I'll think on it and try again soon.

I can hear where you would get that but I think McLachlan's career started a bit too late. It's definitely from a song I heard a bunch in my childhood and I would say it's from the mid 80's at the latest. Although instinct tells me late 70's is more likely. Thanks for taking a stab at it though, I'll figure it out eventually.

And rewatching Breaking Bad gets us this.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Newest Epic Rap Battle came out, as always with them, NSFW. Quite enjoyable though that's a personal preference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC0SiFFPqYE
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited April 2012
    Journey of the Sorcerer - Eagles

I've had that song stuck in my head for days!
    Bravely second...

• Ruddem BreninRuddem Brenin Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Hmm... Today I spent a lot of time using Qriocity (or Music Unlimited) while working, but the song that brought me back to my childhood (strangely enough) was "ANIMAL (**** Like A Beast)" by W.A.S.P. from their first eponymous album.

I censored the parenthetical part, but I'm sure we all can figure out what the "****" stands for. It was one of the songs that the PMRC hearings in the 80s cited as being "obscene".

I've been reading the rules of the forum, sorry if this broke the rules; please let me know if it did. It is a true story, however.
    edited April 2012
    Raza wrote: »
    "Een Geldersch Lied" by Heidevolkon

Peter Steele approves.

Sweet, Raza! I actually had a chance to meet Kenny, Johnny, and Peter (I guess Josh usually just went back to the tour bus after shows). I took a picture of Peter jokingly strangling my 5'7" friend. Kenny is the one who let us backstage; my friend got a pass from his friend who didn't use it (he had the pass because he is a Radio Show host and now his band Neldoreth has had a few tours, but he had to get up early so gave the pass to my friend.) We (the rest of us) were like, "how long is this going to take?

My friend came out and we were like, "Oh, there he is... and Holy Crap Kenny Hickey is behind him." Kenny, beer in hand waves us over and said, "Yeah, come on in guys, I don't know why the security is always like this."

Then I talked to Johnny for about 5 minutes. I mean, I mostly sat down and chilled with a beer, but I still can say I hang out with them for a couple of hours.

It was their Halloween show, but I forget the year; it was after the final album came out though. Peter did a little speech before singing "Halloween in Heaven".
    edited April 2012
    But one song I heard today (or late last night) was "Uprising" by MUSE from a concert I recorded on the Palladia channel; and of course they played "Knights of Cydonia" which is also rockin'!
    edited April 2012
    Pretty stoked that I've been coming across songs clean enough to feel comfortable embedding lately. Have some Murs everybody...
  • RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Sweet, Raza! I actually had a chance to meet Kenny, Johnny, and Peter (I guess Josh usually just went back to the tour bus after shows). I took a picture of Peter jokingly strangling my 5'7" friend. Kenny is the one who let us backstage; my friend got a pass from his friend who didn't use it (he had the pass because he is a Radio Show host and now his band Neldoreth has had a few tours, but he had to get up early so gave the pass to my friend.) We (the rest of us) were like, "how long is this going to take?

My friend came out and we were like, "Oh, there he is... and Holy Crap Kenny Hickey is behind him." Kenny, beer in hand waves us over and said, "Yeah, come on in guys, I don't know why the security is always like this."

Then I talked to Johnny for about 5 minutes. I mean, I mostly sat down and chilled with a beer, but I still can say I hang out with them for a couple of hours.

It was their Halloween show, but I forget the year; it was after the final album came out though. Peter did a little speech before singing "Halloween in Heaven".

Pretty cool story. Would've loved to see what Peter was like in person while he was alive. I also went to see them on their last tour, it was a gig in Columbus, Ohio. Right before they were supposed to go on, the speakers came alive and played that "Chicken song" (google it, if you don't know what it is) on repeat for like 5 minutes. Then it goes silent and everyone gets excited again after the laugh. About 10 minutes later, cue the "Chicken song" part 2. They did this for like 45 minutes to an hour before Type O finally came onstage. I thought it kinda funny but the rest of the crowd seemed mixed. Understandably as well, as technically they were an hour late.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway
    edited April 2012
    "A
    Bravely second...

edited April 2012
    Raza wrote: »
    Pretty cool story. Would've loved to see what Peter was like in person while he was alive. I also went to see them on their last tour, it was a gig in Columbus, Ohio. Right before they were supposed to go on, the speakers came alive and played that "Chicken song" (google it, if you don't know what it is) on repeat for like 5 minutes. Then it goes silent and everyone gets excited again after the laugh. About 10 minutes later, cue the "Chicken song" part 2. They did this for like 45 minutes to an hour before Type O finally came onstage. I thought it kinda funny but the rest of the crowd seemed mixed. Understandably as well, as technically they were an hour late.

Oh, yeah! I remember hearing about that. I think that was a few days before the one I saw. Two of my friends were like, "I hope we don't get the Chicken Song for an hour and then have them not come on." I didn't know what they were talking about; you explained it more than I've heard it explained before. Oh, I met the Bassist and another member of Lordi (out of costume) that day; they were actually very very friendly. Hah, a few girls came up to me and one of my friends with smiles on their faces and they said, "Are you guys Lordi?" We lowered our heads and said, "Oh, no, sorry..." Hah!

The funny thing is that I think the one guy was the singer (Mr. Lordi) and he looked like John Rzeznick from The Goo Goo Dolls, even with the same hairstyle. The bassist had a shaved head; they were both pretty short - not that that matters, it was just an observation.

I had a chance to see Type O Negative twice. The first was back in 2000/2001. PUYA opened for them; I walked outside for a breather and I saw a bunch of people across the street buy a bus - I went over and the singer from PUYA was standing there; I still have my ticket stub that he signed.

I casually met a few of the people I went to see; I never really met anyone rude. I met Doc and Dallas Coyle from God Forbid, I was in the alley outside of the Venue and they were having a smoke - very laid back. Anders from In Flames. Hah, not the members, but I met Matthew Barlow's parents at a show at the Trocadero (Chinatown Philly); I was sitting next to them and another concert-goer told me who they were. After the show I said to the father, "they did a good job, eh?" I guy just stared at me; glaring, "Do I know you?" with a Southern-ish accent. I know that Barlow is from Delaware, but his Dad sounded more south than that. A few more that I can't remember right now.
    edited April 2012
    edited May 2012
    "Hearts a Mess" - Gotye

The songs itself is wonderful. The music video isn't bad, but it's something of a headscratcher.
    Bravely second...

• magewarriormagewarrior my destiny evades me Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Sonny Rey - Here I Stand

Featured in episode 05 of the tv show "Touch" a Great song ;) I love the lyrics.
    [SIGPIC]imagejpeg[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    I'm still finding rap tracks so clean they can be embedded but today is a link for personal reasons.

NSFW Mobbin In My Old School - Little Bruce
    edited May 2012
    I heard a local Rap Group that my friend is a part of; The one song (they're all pretty cool), but my favorite so far is "Firestorm" by Chris James & East Side Republic.

And for a major release I requested from my Niece to hear (and see the video for) "Scar Tissue" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. I think John Frusciante left; that is a big loss to a great band.

Which reminds me: RIP Adam Yauch.
  • magewarriormagewarrior my destiny evades me Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Sonny Rey ~ Here I Stand

Featured in Episode 05 of the TV Show "Touch"

Lindsey Stirling ~ Zelda Medley

A Beautiful rendition of the Zelda Medley done by Lindsey Stirling on a violin.

Edit: for whatever reason my original post never made it through and I can't get the YouTube links to work properly so you'll just have to look them up on YouTube yourself. They're not too hard to find :p

Double Edit: looks like the first post made it through after-all, huh, odd. o.0??
    [SIGPIC]imagejpeg[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    "Kaze no Matsuri" - Shamanic Princess OST

Quite possibly one of the prettiest songs I ever heard. I love the instrumentation, the singer's voice, even the song's lyrics (via translation). So moving~
    Bravely second...

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Florence and the Machine - Seven Devils
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited May 2012
    Right now - Tiamat - Sympathy for the Devil
    Prior - LUCYFIRE - The Pain Song
    Next - Voyager (Australia) - Lost (saw them on Friday in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA as the 2nd band before Rhapsody of Fire and they RULE! The band before them was great too - LOR or Hall of Lor or something, from Philly)