If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Name 1 song you heard today...

1858687888991»

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited June 2012
    "CALLING -KINGDOM MIX-" - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance OST

This is a remix of "Calling" a song off of The World Ends With You soundtrack. Although it isn't as good as the original in my opinion, I think it's still pretty decent. Even more amazing though, it's being sung by Olivia Lufkin, one of my favorite artists! Darn it Kingdom Hearts 3D, stop giving me reasons to actually consider buying you!
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    After Dark by Tito Y Tarantula
    edited June 2012
    "Africa" - Olivia Lufkin

Yes, it's a cover of the Toto song. It's quite different from the original.
    Bravely second...

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited July 2012
    Now with space age computer graphics!
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Sonata Arctica- Cinderblox

Polarizing. Took me a couple of listens, but now I love it. Just wanted to share the love.

(EDIT. NSFW Top Comment on the Youtube page)
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Ihshan - A Grave Inversed... BRUTAL.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    A Raging Emperor's Banquet from BoF 4.
    edited November 2012
    Can't believe I found some Dre Dog with no cussing. Just Cus D'Amato.
    edited November 2012
    "Deep River" - Utada Hikaru

Good Arceus, the title of this song was unknown to me for almost a decade. My sister's friend burned a CD for her containing this song. None of them knew the title, though they knew the artist was Utada Hikaru. I could have easily listened through all of her songs to discover it, but I always had better things to do. The song came up on shuffle and said to myself I should finally find out the name of it. Considering how much time had passed, I only listened to any of her songs from 2003 and earlier. It took less than five minutes. It's strange to have this minor mystery from my teen years finally cleared up, especially since the way to answer is so simple...
    Bravely second...

edited December 2012
    Always fresh rhymes outta DOOM. From lady to flail me to ukulele. And Henry Kissinger to friendly listener. Genius.
  • AllaneAllane New Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    The name says it all...

Billy Talent - Try Honesty

Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely

by Backstreet Boys
    edited February 2013
    Don't Die - Killer Mike NSFW

Unapologetic gangster rap. The reason I post it for y'all is the beat. So dope. Like it breaks five or six times and gets doper each time. This whole album was produced by El-P who does a lot of the more "out there" hip hop I listen to. He's playing to the audience here with some straight gangster beats but works in some of the more stable yet unique stuff he's figured out while experimenting. I feel like he sampled some older video game sounds in portions as well although I haven't made any positive identifications yet, just a gut instinct thing right now.

So anyways, ignore the lyrics and listen to the beat. Or listen to both and be like Hyphy has crazy taste. But listen to that beat. So dope.
    edited March 2013
    휠릴리 (Whistling) - Lee Soo Young

Once again, I must wonder if female Korean musicians can only sing sad love songs. It's a beautiful song, nonetheless. The title translates oddly: I've seen it as "Whistling" "Whistle to Me" and "Hwi ri ri" I think the title is Korean onomatopoeia for the sound of whistling ("hwi ri ri" or "hwe lee lee"), thus attempts to translate it come out strangely.
    Bravely second...

• SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Today's song is Global Concepts by Robert Delong. One of those random songs I strayed across on the radio while flicking through stations on one of those three hours drives for work, it stuck in my head the whole way back until I had to look it up on the tubes when I got home.

It's a surprisingly accurate song, given that today I'm celebrating my 25th birthday, and I'm looking back across ten years of my having been with RPGamer - haha, what a crazy kid I was. Am still, probably.

Anyway, you can check out this stuff here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgF9ApQ-YRQ

Worth a recommend.

FOLLOWUP on basically every birthday you need to listen to They Might Be Giants - Older, which is also here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2bo_u_YmW8
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • Miss_darkwoodMiss_darkwood Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    "Stone henge" By Ylvis. I know their hottest hit is "THe Fox" but when I first heard "Stone henge" it had me rolling on the floor! Epitome of WTF in a song. There's one line that makes it slightly nsfw.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Christina Grimme - I Bet You Don't Curse God
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited November 2013
    New DOOM is slappin.
  • Emmanuel VandelEmmanuel Vandel New Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Today i was hearing my favorite singer Enrique Iglesias song "taking back my love".
    As i love its video too and hear it again and again even 8 times today.
  • chealaxchealax New Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Today i was hearing my favorite singer Enrique Iglesias song "taking back my love".
    As i love its video too and hear it again and again even 8 times today.

Ah i was so crazy about this song, i over heard this song till i could hear it no more:indecisiveness:
  • JudgementJudgement Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Thanks to JCVD I had to listen to this again One of Enya's best
    You have awakened the sleeper May God forgive those who go against his Judgement
    and may God show You mercy and compassion For I shall show you none........
    edited December 2013
    "Lirica/Lilika" -Origa. It's so incredibly beautiful...
    Bravely second...

• goateguygoateguy Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    The very awesome one.....too bad it didn't make as good of a game as it did a book or even a movie...
    If I don't make it home, tell my wife I said Hello.

--Neutral Planet President

You can find awesome fractal art at my website: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com
  • TheRevolverTheRevolver Member Full Members
    edited September 2014
    All of me by John Legend. :))
    edited September 2014
    Spent the morning sipping coffee and knocking beats.
  • StormJayneStormJayne SingaporeFull Members

The sandstorm that everyone LOVE!!

9mL6bR0.png