If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

You know you've played to much "__" when...

DreydanDreydan MemberFull Members
edited September 2014 in Forum Games
I know its been done in the past, but I didn't see a topic here so I thought I'd make one to see what ideas people can come up with.

You can add as many reponses for a singular game or series itself or being a gamer in general.

I'll start

"You know you've played played too many RPG's when.."

1. You let someone beat you up in hopes of reaching your limit break.
2. You walk outside and immediately grow to monstrous proportions, able to walk to another town in a matter of seconds.
3. Whenever you hear upbeat music you're ready to fight.
4. You hunt your neighbors pets, looking for gold pieces.
5. Any vehical that flies you now call an airship.
6. Whenever you see Jello, you attack it.
7. Other people don't care if you walk into their homes and take things.
8. If you get hurt you can sleep for three seconds and wake up uninjured.

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    Played too much? I do not comprehend.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    ^^^ when you quote a semi-obscure RPG character smile10.png

- When you expect to wake up healed of all paper cuts, backaches, carpal and other office injuries.

- When you look around for a save point before a scary meeting.

- When you arrive at work in a bodysuit and wonder why you`re shivering (and getting weird looks).
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited November 2005
    When you walk up to everyone you see and ask them about that dude in a black cloak.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    When you realise that tasty hamburgers cannot be found in garbage cans.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Gouden Draak @ Nov. 15 2005,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"^^^ when you quote a semi-obscure RPG character smile10.png[/QUOTE]
    Hah, I was hoping for a reaction on that one. ^^
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited November 2005
    Just to go along Solon:

"My knee! I've just had an operation there, you idiot! Why did you do it?"

"I was waiting for an extra turn."
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • DreydanDreydan Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    Not a bad idea. I'll make a topic just for you.
  • RM2KMasterRM2KMaster Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    When you randomly enter people's houses and take all of their medicine.
    edited November 2005
    And "medicine" can heal anything, even life-threatening wounds! smile8.png
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited November 2005
    "Has anyone thought about the dying people that might be allergic to Pheonix feathers!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • carbonbasedlifeform2000carbonbasedlifeform2000 Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    you acquire an allergy to phoenix feathers only when the other 3 people who are with you die too
  • DreydanDreydan Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    People pace around aimlessly, constantly saying the same thing.
  • carbonbasedlifeform2000carbonbasedlifeform2000 Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    you take magic pills to permanently increase your intelligence, luck, charisma, strength, speed, wisdom and dexterity
    edited November 2005
    You collect soldier figures in order to get a useless bracelet.

Mops, work gloves, and megaphones are powerful weapons.

You try to win battles by basing your attacks on randomly determined card draws.

The good old days involved the world being flat, as well as everything else, and they all looked pixelly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2005
    If you go far enough north, you`ll end up at the South Pole!
  • FacelessmanFacelessman New Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    I guess I'll be the first to stop with the "RPG" and fill in the blank....(Don't worry, I'll do an RPG one, too)

You know you've played to much "Zelda" when:

You're walking down the street when suddenly, a big, mean-looking man jumps out in front of you and demands that you give him all of your money. ?You instinctively reach for your sword, but you realize you left the master sword at home. ?You look around for anything you can use as a weapon! ?The man looks at you, puzzled, as you throw a walnut at his feet. ?The man charges at you, but you use Din's Fire! Or, you tried to, but it didn't work.(That's the fourth time this week!) ?As you lay on the ground in pain and with no money, you regret not stopping by the fairy fountain on the way home....

Now for some RPG ones:

You've played too many RPG's when:

You store elixers in grandfather clocks.

You think it's normal when you're best friend's brother ?says "Welcome to (insert town name)!" all day.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    You know you've played too many RPGs when you start replying to people's questions with yes, no, or '...'
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    You know you've played too many RPGs when, at the staff Christmas party, you bust out some of this.
    edited November 2005
    *lol* cute.

You know you`ve played too much RPGs when you wonder what element you are.

EDIT - I can picture Davis seeing this and saying "I`m a beer elemental!!!" smile4.png

• White MageWhite Mage New Member Full Members
    edited December 2005
    1.Youve played rpgs too much when You see a scary man and look for a pause button

2.You get cut and try to cast cure

3.You look for an inn costantly

4.Try to steal gil

5.Your eyes fall out

• RaquelRaquel Member Full Members
    edited December 2005
    You know you've played too many rpgs when.......
    1. You name your first born child after your favorite character regardless of gender.
    2. You steal marbles from little kids to bring your town back to glory.
    3. You go to a Civil War reenactment and you ask the soldiers how the battle against the Metal Demons is going.
    4. You have found an antique gunblade at a gunshow and contemplated buying it (that one really happened to me).
    5. ?You paint the tri-force on your roommates hand to make her think she has become Link.
    6. You cried at dinner because Mom got KFC (and you know it really stands for Kefka Fried Chocobo).

edited December 2005
    ..... you want to name your next dog "Auron" (true) smile1.png
  • guns an bladesguns an blades Member Full Members
    edited December 2005
    you know you play too much rpgs when you try and get into a random battle
    edited December 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Gouden Draak @ Nov. 28 2005,12:55)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"*lol* cute.

You know you`ve played too much RPGs when you wonder what element you are.

EDIT - I can picture Davis seeing this and saying "I`m a beer elemental!!!" smile4.png[/QUOTE]
    Hey, I already figured that I am a lightning elemental. Ok, by traditional Greek elementals, I am a fire elemental, being a sagitarian. However, Aquila is associated with Sagitarius, Jupiter is my ruling star, and lightning is a kind of sky fire so, I'm a lightning elemental. smile6.png

You know you've played too many RPGs when you get into fights and treat it like a turn based battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2005
    "Hey! He went twice! No fair!"

As a Leo, I'm supposed to be fire, but I don't feel very firey. I think water is more me somehow, although I can't really express why I relate to it more.

edited December 2005
    You're out in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of a forest in a mountain, miles from civilization and you look around for an item shop.

(Then again, its not too impossible. Those darn Starbucks are everywhere smile2.png )
    edited December 2005
    Starbucks doesn't count as an item shop. :p Walmart does though, and as an armor shop, and weapon shop, and magic shop, and misc. item shop, and ultimate trying-to-take-over-the-world villian. smile24.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • guns an bladesguns an blades Member Full Members
    edited December 2005
    you know you've been playing too much rpgs when you get stabed and your still alive but yet you go home and say "O I'm kinda tired I think I'll take a nap" then BAM next morning your not dead and theres no wounds.Hmmmm its kinda like immortality only you can die but you can fully replenish your health. now what the hell is this crazy world coming to with rpgs brainwashing people with them having no life and their 90210!!
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited December 2005
    When you wonder how many TP/SP points would be consumed if you performed a U-turn.

When you constantly use punch hoping to get the next move.

When you cringe when you here the world Demi because you know it'll take more than half your life. (please don't say Demi Moore!!
This discussion has been closed.