If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Upgrade to 3.1.5

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited December 2006 in Forum Rules & Announcements
We've upgraded the boards to 3.1.5 and well, as you can see, the skin got messed up in the process. We're working on it and hope to tame the blue soon.
179811.png

Comments

• sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited June 2006
    It also seems that quotes in old posts are messed up in non Internet Explorer browsers. It would be...difficult to say the least to repair them. Quotes made in new posts should be okay.
    179811.png
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Font colors are back! laugh.gif

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • angel0886angel0886 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    mad.gif wow.gif tounge.gif rock.gif
    These smiley faces are awesome ^^b
    pfootbanner.png
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2006
    ghostface.gif Boo.
    Ah well, it coulda been worse rock.gif
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited June 2006
    Mods can click edit and then submit on posts with quotes and it will repair them, however some posts with quotes are like ninjas, they don't show any text within the post and you have to just know to click on it and edit it to repair it.
    179811.png
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I kinda like the new look. The blue skin is nice and sleek, and the smilies are cuter. smile.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited June 2006
    Blue just isn't in with the RPGamer staff designers I guess! tounge.gif
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Need.... more.... smilies.... wow.gif
    edited June 2006
    Lol, look at the bottom of the main page, we only have 1 registered member ghostface.gif
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    A bit too bright for my taste, but I like it otherwise. Titles looked better when they were below the avatar though.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2006
    It looks elements of the old skin are being reinstalled. It also looks like post counts are viewable again. That likely won't last.

LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Endangered_UserEndangered_User Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I know. It looks different now. And now there are new replacement faces.

But what does the emotion "shutup" look like. I saw it but I couldn't see it. This one
    > ?shutup.gif
  • SolaceSolace Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I like this new layout. Firefox before really did not like the font that was used. The colours aren't too bad to be honest, but hey, I'll live.
  • Duke OtterlandDuke Otterland Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2006
    I notice we can't edit our messages, though...

Edit: Funny, but I can edit this one. Oh well...

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited June 2006
    -Font colors are a bad idea.
    -Ten posts a page? Is there a way to fix that?
    -Member titles below avatars, please.
    -I can't read text in posts. No, I'm not using IE.
    -Giving up on fixing the quote thing makes me sad.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

edited June 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"> It also looks like post counts are viewable again. That likely won't last. </div>They have been for a long time really, just not under our avatars. In my opinion it really doesn't matter if it's there or not.

Also, Davis speaks wisely on all points.
    edited June 2006
    Member rating is also enabled. Shumais needs to kibosh that.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited June 2006
    We're making a list of all the oopsies and we'll try to get to it as soon as we can blush.gif
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I go away for a couple of days and look what happens.

Gah, oh, the blueness.

I agree with Davis ghostface.gif

And post counts probably should be axed, too. They never seem to be a positive thing.

Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
    edited June 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">And post counts probably should be axed, too. They never seem to be a positive thing. </div>
    It works on other boards, so why not here? If anything, it brings more people here (which this board needs) - if only for a silly reason. Still, just because the post count is viewable doesn't mean people are allowed to spam, there are still rules.
    edited June 2006
    Post counts have always been viewable in profiles and statistics. They were just removed from the actual posts biggrin.gif
    edited June 2006
    I don't see the problem with keeping post counts.
    LordBilbanes.png
    edited June 2006
    I really don't see the point with the ratings though.

You'd think that if someone had a problem with, or liked, a certain person, he or she would express that in words instead of giving him or her a pointless number.
    edited June 2006
    My problem with it is that it is prone to abuse.
    LordBilbanes.png
    edited June 2006
    Wow, no one rated me but they rated Solon a completely unacceptable two.

Five tons o fFlax,
    Davis
    edited June 2006
    Cheers Davis, the five is on me! ^^
    edited June 2006
    Awesome, Solon. I gave you a five when I saw someone had the audacity to give you a two.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited June 2006
    Huh? ratings? Where?
    edited June 2006
    The ratings are shown in member profiles.
    LordBilbanes.png
    edited June 2006
    I am making this a double post but I think it is important enough to warrant a new post instead of just editing the previous post I made. ?While logging off to test something I noticed that the board became inaccessible. ?It seems that in order to view the boards it is now neccessary to log in as a member to view them. ?I think what ever setting that controls the viewability of the boards for guests should be modified.

I find this odd because when I click on the who's online list it clearly shows guests viewing various sections of the message boards. ?One explanation could be that these guests are actually members logged in anonymously but were that the case, the board index would show x number of anonymous members logged in.
    LordBilbanes.png
This discussion has been closed.