If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Upgrade to 3.1.5

Comments

• Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I noted a few newbies saying they registered only to continue ghosting and reading on the boards, yes.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I just noticed the toothy smiley is now gone. sad.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • angel0886angel0886 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    biggrin.gif no its not.
    pfootbanner.png
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I don't think that is the one Davis is referring to to.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited June 2006
    wow3gt.gif

That's the one.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Did the avatar size get changed in the upgrade? The rules state it to be 128x128 but it only allows 64x64.
    edited June 2006
    That will have to be fixed. All the default avatars Dracos uploaded will need to be reinstalled as well.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • PersonThingPersonThing Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    In the previous version, you could click anywhere in the box with the thread title to go directly to the first unread post in that thread. I really miss that.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (PersonThing @ Jun. 14 2006,22:01)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">In the previous version, you could click anywhere in the box with the thread title to go directly to the first unread post in that thread. I really miss that.</div>
    Bolded for truth and justice.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited June 2006
    Seconding that feature. It was the most fantabulous thing ever created.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • ShuemaisShuemais Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Items addressed in order of request --

Fudged-up quoting: could be a skin issue, could be an upgrade issue. Will investigate further.

Font colors: For now, we'll keep 'em, I suppose.

More smilies: Likely available for download, but taking a back seat temporarily. As an aside, the "shutup.gif" smilie is broken or incompatible with this skin.

Member titles: My guess is that the "original" RPGamer skin flipped these below the avatar pictures, as there's no option I've found to flip it, and the skin is my next guess. Firemyst has the skin files available, but I can't say when a fix will be attempted.

Post counts: For now, they'll stay. I don't see any reason to hide them, but that's certainly up for changing if I hear people using them for abuse ("Har! I have 3,762 posts more than you do! Fear my l33t inability to get a date!").

Inability to edit posts: Haven't heard that this is a widespread problem. If it creeps up, I'll investigate it as well.

Post count on page: Raised from 10 to 20.

IE compatability problem: You still use IE? Kidding -- will test this on my own and see if I can duplicate it.

Member Rating: Definately uh-uh. Poof.

Logging in to View Forums: Sabin was kind enough to fix this before I was aware of it. Shouldn't be an issue any longer.

Avatar Size: Bumped up from 64 pix to 128. If there are enough people who want to reload some of the saved avatar pictures and have them available, that can certainly be arranged.

"Going directly to first unread post": I believe that this SHOULD be a settings thing, but so far it has eluded me. I would like to note that this "feature" is still working for me in Firefox 1.5.0.4.

Phew. Anything else?
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    How about something really random?

When I'm Command-clicking in Safari to open a link in a new background tab, it opens the background tab and follows the link in the current tab, which doesn't happen on any other site. ?I would really expect that to be client-side, but at the same time, this is the only site it happens on that I go to. ?rock.gif

Oh, and hey, a 'real' one. I just noticed that the Members link up top gives me an ikonboard permissions error, "You are not allowed to use this part of the board".

edited June 2006
    Thanks for your tireless dedication, Shuemais. I have faith in your awesomenitude.

Barkeep, get this man a drink!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • angel0886angel0886 Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Shuemais @ Jun. 15 2006,01:53)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">"Going directly to first unread post": I believe that this SHOULD be a settings thing, but so far it has eluded me. I would like to note that this "feature" is still working for me in Firefox 1.5.0.4.

Phew. Anything else?</div>
    I'm using the same version of FireFox. The ONLY time it jumps is when you click on the topic title in the "last posted in" section on the main page of the boards. It doesn't jump any other time for me.

pfootbanner.png
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (sabin1001 @ Jun. 10 2006,21:17)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">We've upgraded the boards to 3.1.5 and well, as you can see, the skin got messed up in the process. We're working on it and hope to tame the blue soon.</div>
    After having the blue for a while, I muist say I kind of like it. It would be nice if you can keep some of the blue around.

Shumais, I can think of one good reason to keep post counts visible. It will make it easier to spot the post sluts and root them out.
    LordBilbanes.png
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    By the way, I use IE myself and have not had any problems from the beginning of this new skin. If someone is having IE problems, they may need to update it or something.

I second the blue, I find it easier and more visually appealing than the white and grey.
  • AzertyAzerty New Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    I think that this blue suits RPGamer. Just fix up the skin and buttons, but keep the blue around. laugh.gif
    edited June 2006
    The really long quote boxes are kind of fugly, if there's any way to make them like the previous ones I'd love you forever.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Rico @ Jun. 15 2006,03:05)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">How about something really random?

When I'm Command-clicking in Safari to open a link in a new background tab, it opens the background tab and follows the link in the current tab, which doesn't happen on any other site. I would really expect that to be client-side, but at the same time, this is the only site it happens on that I go to. rock.gif

Oh, and hey, a 'real' one. I just noticed that the Members link up top gives me an ikonboard permissions error, "You are not allowed to use this part of the board".</div>
    I don't use Safari, but I would think that a problem like that could be an either/or sort of thing. Not to be insulting or anything, but maybe checking for a browser update might fix it.

The other problem was more easily fixed, I believe. Now members should be able to use the Member list function -- I believe it was put back to a 'Default' setting when the board went "boink." If this still comes up, try a hard refresh. If it happens again, please let me know ASAP so I can search for another solution.
    edited June 2006
    Update on Post Editing: the board settings appear to be based on a seconds count, and had it set for members to edit their post for a whopping 300 seconds (that's 5 minutes if you're mathematically challenged like me). I've cut out the second count completely, so that should HOPEFULLY mean that everyone can edit their posts indefinately. If not, someone needs to let me know so I can put an astronomically large number up instead.

Skin: To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with the blue skin, and perhaps we could offer it for anyone interested (the old skin was mandatory to anyone viewing the forum). Will suggest this to Firemyst.

Quoting: I think that this, too, is a skin issue. From what little I saw of it, the old skin was so chock-full of coding and tweaks that it's no wonder the thing fried. At any rate, hopefully this will solve itself soon.
    edited June 2006
    It might be best to start fresh and create a new skin. I am not sure how much work that would be, though.
    LordBilbanes.png
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (Shuemais @ Jun. 16 2006,00:50)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Rico @ Jun. 15 2006,03:05)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">How about something really random?

When I'm Command-clicking in Safari to open a link in a new background tab, it opens the background tab and follows the link in the current tab, which doesn't happen on any other site. I would really expect that to be client-side, but at the same time, this is the only site it happens on that I go to. rock.gif

Oh, and hey, a 'real' one. I just noticed that the Members link up top gives me an ikonboard permissions error, "You are not allowed to use this part of the board".</div>
    I don't use Safari, but I would think that a problem like that could be an either/or sort of thing. Not to be insulting or anything, but maybe checking for a browser update might fix it.

The other problem was more easily fixed, I believe. Now members should be able to use the Member list function -- I believe it was put back to a 'Default' setting when the board went "boink." If this still comes up, try a hard refresh. If it happens again, please let me know ASAP so I can search for another solution.</div>

Member list is fine now. Having looked through source a little, the link problem must be in the handling of the onclick JavaScript in the (td)s; it properly pops up the new tab for the link, but the click also triggers the onclick and loads it in the current window. I haven't the foggiest what proper behavior is, but I'll toss a bug report out on it.

Edited due to forum code being a problem -- Shuemais
    edited June 2006
    Oh, and do we want posting HTML allowed? I was a little surprised by that in the last post, I think I'll leave it up for reference.
    edited June 2006
    Martyr enabled HTML quite a while ago when he was administrator of these forums. When Shumais took over he never disabled it. I happen to think it should be turned off myself.
    LordBilbanes.png
    edited June 2006
    It'll remain to be seen what the after-effects will be, but I've removed HTML posting from all member-accessable areas. It may not make a difference at all, but better safe than sorry.
    edited June 2006
    It should be noted that the spoiler button seems to have gone poof. The spoilers still exist in old posts but new posts can't use the spoiler tag it seems.
    LordBilbanes.png
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    What in the good name of Winona Ryder have you done to my forums >:(
    edited June 2006
    The kinks are still being worked out as you can see.
    LordBilbanes.png
  • tylerwillistylerwillis Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (MonCapitan2002 @ Jun. 23 2006,05:55)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The kinks are still being worked out as you can see.</div>
    Don't work me out! Please! I promise I'll be good.

Oh. Wait.

Nevermind.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2006
    *slaps Tyler with a PG-13 sticker* laugh.gif
This discussion has been closed.